Serial Starters

Replies

• 1Whitewolf12
    1Whitewolf12 Posts: 6 Member
    Okay..gave up soda, cut back the chocolate. Walk 3500 steps everyday..and 4he scales went up! I'm on the verge of giving up but I just started 10 days ago. Just looking for quick fix and there is no such thing.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hi! TGIF
    Planning is all good until something gets in the way. Messed up yesterday as work ran long and I did not get to eat my planned dinner and then of course I eat the wrong things. Forgot Day 12 - practice hunger tolerance. I should've been more tolerant of being hungry.
    Did some grocery shopping - so I am planned out for a bit now for meals. Will try and stick to the plan.
    Hello WhiteWolf - you are right - no quick fix. One day at a time. Welcome!
    Hello Sara and Lana. Hope pedi was great today!
    CW 193.8
    HW 207
    GW 189

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi all! Sorry I’ve been MIA...trying to spend more time building my Scentsy business...I will catch up on posts..just wanna share a feel good story...

There’s a young man in our town that is a HUGE KC Chiefs fan (football) he goes to every home game he can...he has taken several of his co workers to their first game...this young man is very well known in the community..he sponsors dogs at the shelter I used to work at, until they are adopted and spends time once a week, with that dog... he is a very kind, caring, generous young man, with Down Syndrome. He has worked at the local Wal Mart for 20 years. He was at the AFC championship game, when they won the chance to go to Super Bowl. It’s been 50 years since they have won Super Bowl. A friend of his family, started a GoFundMe page, to raise money to send him to the game in Miami. Within 3 days, they met their goal. Today, he was surprised at work... the local, online news crew was there...they told him, that not only was he going to the game, but Wal Mart bought 5 tickets for him, his 3 brothers and his Dad! And, he gets to go to the Chiefs Super Bowl party after the game and meet his favorite players...Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce...I watched the video of them surprising him and I cried like a baby...lol...this makes my heart so happy...sorry for rambling...just had to share a happy story..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Dawn - dont apologize for rambling, that is a great story.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Went to bed early and was up good part of night, so dog is fed and my alarm is set so I can do my Saturday errands, but I am going to see if I can go back to sleep.

Found a cream of broccoli soup and will add some cheese to soup and add rest on top when hot, may save me some sodium grams.....

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Good morning All~~

Dawn - Thank you so much for telling us that wonderful story! I am so happy for that young man.

Question for All:
    Do you want me to continue doing the Beck days, stop doing them, or change to occasionally posting a highlight? We are roughly 1/3 into them, and I don't think people are interested in having the content here. Be honest.
    I worry that it has chased some of our regulars away.

Lana

256.0 today
    255.0 "highest"
    223.0 June goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2020
    Lana the regulars will come back when they want to, they know this is an open board and can post when they want. I have lost almost 4 pounds between keeping junk out of my pathway and using Becks book. Dont worry about chasing people away. They may just be very busy.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana- I’m not good at writing things down. But, I like seeing the Beck posts... I stop myself and think about eating, what I’m about to eat... I agree with Sara...keep posting...Thank you and Lynn for doing so...
  • brennerjlb
    Hi!
    I too loved Dawns post! That is so great! Made my weekend!
    Sara - congrats on the 4 pounds!
    Lana - I of course am very interested in the Beck book. But also do not wish to have it be something that others aren’t interested.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up early so dog is fed and I will try and get more sleep.

This thread is called Serial Starters - there is a FB page that is focused on Beck, but some of the people have been on it so long that their posts are also social, so I think we can do both. Very likely our other posters are so busy with things or their life is so complicated that posting is not possible. They may also be waiting to post that they hit a magic # on the scale so we can celebrate. It could be anything. If other people take one of the Beck habits away with them it may start a nice chain of change for them.......

Groceries, no soccer, broccoli soup and the rest is unknown.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning.
    Broccoli soup sounds great Sara! That reminds me I need to figure out what I am going to have for dinner.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Waves to all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana I just got your Christmas card back as "undeliverable" - has your address changed?

Lynn- I have English Muffins or Naan bread in the freezer to go with my soup.
  • LanaCabana537
    Lana I just got your Christmas card back as "undeliverable" - has your address changed?

Sara - I am glad to hear that the card at least came back to you. I was sure it disappeared into the ether.....

My address in NYC has not changed at all, but I am supposed to be having all of my mail forwarded down to North Carolina. That card should have come to me down south. However, all too often, the various USPS workers in NYC put things in the wrong place or some voodoo happens, and I don't get my mail.

There should have been nothing in my NYC apartment mailbox when I went up these past two weeks, but it was full of mail. I was hoping your card was in there, but now we know what happened to it.
    Thank you for sending it!!! 😘

As for Beck, we will resume our attack tomorrow!!! 😁

Waves to All~~

Lana
  • InspiredBrunette
    InspiredBrunette Posts: 43 Member
    Hey 👋 that’s me LOL
    Back for the third time
    In 2012 i lost 50 lbs
    In 2017 i lost 65lbs in 6 month’s
    Back in 2020 to reach my original goal of 120 lbs
    26 lbs to go!
    Add me if you’re looking for a supportive friend
    I’m in it for the long haul even after i reach goal! ❤️
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Lana,
    Regarding the Beck process, I enjoy reading about it. I don't follow it, but I do have interesting conversations in my head about some of the topics you post. Thank you and keep doing it!

I'm half-heartedly attempting to get my health together. Weight loss is needed, but not my focus. I have to start eliminating inflammatory foods again. My mental state is slowly returning to a decent rationality. Hoping I can begin again and actually succeed this time. Even saying weight loss is not the focus doesn't eliminate it as a goal or a measure of success.

Quite proud that I "only" gained 30 of the 70 back. I have managed two New Year's in a row under 200 lbs. I have a conference in March and will see some ladies who saw me at my best. I have to try to get near there, so here's my lofty goal:

HW 222
    CW 183
    GW 160 by March 12
    (Six weeks to lose 23 lbs. Got this!)

• Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Quick note, need more sleep. Finding myself up middle of night for too long.

First meeting with Psychiatrist, hope it goes okay. That person decides if I go back to work next week.....

Weight down total of 4.8 since taking medical leave and using Beck. I know its a combo of the two, but down is down and that is a nice change.

Tracey! Working on it at any level is a plus, keep going.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    🔵 Beck Day 16.1 - Prevent Unplanned Eating (pg 149) This is the NO CHOICE lesson.

Beck says: "at times you've struggled when you were tempted to eat something you shouldn't. You probably had a dialogue in your mind that went something like this: I really want to eat this. But I know I shouldn't. But I really want it. I'm not supposed to have it. But I feel like having it! I know it's not on my food plan, but I don't care. I'm going to have it anyway."

"This internal argument can create tension, which is emotionally and physically uncomfortable. You'll be tempted to relieve this tension by eating. Once you make the decision to eat, you may find that your discomfort immediately subsides--even before you reach for the food."

"You can do other things, though, to reduce your discomfort. Just as deciding to eat can reduce tension, so can deciding NOT to eat."

"Firmly saying NO CHOICE decreases both the struggle and the discomfort."

"You made a plan, and you'll follow that plan--no ifs, ands, or buts."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lana's opinion: I cannot prevent unplanned eating if I don't have my day's food plan already in place.
    It's important to do Day 14 and have a plan for the day, every day.
    Save daily plans that worked for you, to make future planning easier.

We will do more on this tomorrow! 😉
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Okay, Psychiatrist is nice lady who will sign me off for the next 8 weeks and I have homework to do which is fine by me.

I got new meds I need to pick up and will pick up some chocolate chips to eat with bananas and peanut butter after dinner.

I am just so relieved I dont have to go to work next week, but I do have to call my Sup and let her know.....

NO CHOICE for me means I have to eat more dark greens and less extra food (think side of bread of desserts).
  • brennerjlb
    edited January 2020
    Hello!
    Tracey! hello again and great job on the steps to get back to the right state.
    Lana - wow. Big one. I think of the unplanned eating this weekend. Dumb. Why? because it was there and yes I did all that rationalizing. Cookies in my coffee, they were good, but not planned. No choice No choice No choice. Here we go!
    Sara - Good luck! I hope the appt goes well. Even more important to feel good about this type of Dr. because your mental health is so VERY important!
    Welcome Inspired! You got this!
    CW 193.0
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    okay cant type and think at the same time - think side of bread and desserts.

Unplanned days are dangerous for munching.....