Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

No more excuses

Replies

• snowflake954snowflake954 Posts: 4,650Member Member Posts: 4,650Member Member
    Wishing you well here. I too find your post self deprecating and I think what some are saying is that if it's part of a dark humor that you need to work this out, it can be OK. However, if you really think you're disgusting, then talk to a professional about it because after years on here I can tell you that weight loss doesn't solve all your problems. There's a great poster on here--88olds who's got great advice on how you need to study yourself and the process and change things up as you go along to be successful. I hope you make your goal and have a lovely vacation, but the real goal is to lose the weight and then keep it off. That's another kettle of fish.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 1,248Member Member Posts: 1,248Member Member
    Another thought, what kinds of foods/drinks are available in your home? You don't have to answer that but for me, there are certain things I simply cannot allow to enter because I know it'll be my downfall. If hubby wants something he needs to hide it away from me. Keep all the soda and alcohol beverages OUT of the house. I assume you have your wife's support in this; let her help you especially with what foods to have and allow, that type of thing. Thankfully, my dh is more the type of person who snacks on chips, cheese/crackers and I crave sweets so he can have his and I'm not so tempted. Except the other day he wanted ice cream and peanuts. :( That didn't help my goals. He wanted Cheetos at the store yesterday, I don't care for them so sure, I bought them and he ate them.
    There are so many strategies around, you're bound to find plenty that will help you stay strong and that will work for you. Good luck!!
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Posts: 581Member Member Posts: 581Member Member
    I encourage you to add another goal of reframing your attitude towards yourself to be a bit kinder and more lenient. It's nice to have a short term goal, sure, but look for ways to extend the good habits into the longer term. The tough love will probably get wearing after a while.

i find i work better with "tough love" i need to motivate myself, i have achieved nothing so far, but i will get there, thank you for your kind words

@Grumpy_Hubby - You got this!! Today can be the start of a positive journey! A few months from now you will thank your self and feel great for all the progress.
  • Grumpy_HubbyGrumpy_Hubby Posts: 172Member Member Posts: 172Member Member
    Omad has changed my life Bold statement, but true. For years I've yo yo dieted I've gone from 20 st down to 11. With thanks to a toxic relationship and the inability to live alone and cook for myself.

I started my latest diet at 16 stone 16 (230 pounds ,104 kg). And wanted to find out when I got hungry. Why am I eating for eatings sake, kind of stumbled across omad.

It's been a week now, and I feel so energised. So focused, I thought this would be a fad, and the honeymoon period would end. But I feel great. I've usually caved in by now and had a fat kebab. But I'm eating healthy. Pushing on.

I won't be weighing until day 100. So I'm basing my progress purely off interval photos and weighing on the last day. I can honestly see me pushing this longer than the 100 days. It's been such a revelation.
    edited January 28
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Omad has changed my life Bold statement, but true. For years I've yo yo dieted I've gone from 20 st down to 11. With thanks to a toxic relationship and the inability to live alone and cook for myself.

I started my latest diet at 16 stone 16 (230 pounds ,104 kg). And wanted to find out when I got hungry. Why am I eating for eatings sake, kind of stumbled across omad.

It's been a week now, and I feel so energised. So focused, I thought this would be a fad, and the honeymoon period would end. But I feel great. I've usually caved in by now and had a fat kebab. But I'm eating healthy. Pushing on.

I won't be weighing until day 100. So I'm basing my progress purely off interval photos and weighing on the last day. I can honestly see me pushing this longer than the 100 days. It's been such a revelation.

Pop over and say hi

I think you are jumping the gun and the gun manufacturer by declaring omad a success with only doing it a week. I am not sure how long you think a honeymoon phase should last but you are definitely still in one.

Are you logging all your food? I took a quick peek to see if you were meeting your basic nutrition doing omad because that can one of the trickier parts. Over several days I see you eating well below 1500 calories which is the minimum nutrition for a sedentary male.

If your log is accurate this is likely going to end in an energy crash or a binge-like overfeed. I am concerned for you.

I declared it a success because by now I would have quit, I've not so therefore it's an improvement. I've logged pretty accurate. I had the bad day Wednesday, and the compensated for it. My meals will be around the 1200 calories.
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

Pop over and say hi

I think you are jumping the gun and the gun manufacturer by declaring omad a success with only doing it a week. I am not sure how long you think a honeymoon phase should last but you are definitely still in one.

Are you logging all your food? I took a quick peek to see if you were meeting your basic nutrition doing omad because that can one of the trickier parts. Over several days I see you eating well below 1500 calories which is the minimum nutrition for a sedentary male.

If your log is accurate this is likely going to end in an energy crash or a binge-like overfeed. I am concerned for you.

Seconding this^^

You are basically starving yourself.

That energised feeling? That's how anorexics feel (until they don't). It's actually a survival mechanism, your body releasing hormones etc to give you an energy boost to go find some damn food.

I'm not starving myself? I don't feel hungry.
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 12,772Member Member Posts: 12,772Member Member
    I wish you would be more kinder to yourself OP! 16 stone isn't actually all THAT heavy for a guy, unless you aren't that tall. You want to lose a few stone, its not a huge amount. 1-1.5lbs a week max is a healthy loss to aim for.
    OMAD works for many, but it has to be something you can see yourself doing long term. Everyone has to find a way that works for them.

Wishing you all the best.
    So just to clear up things here. I don't intentionally starve myself. I physically find it impossible to eat anymore.

I fill my plate with what I want to eat. I'm not neglecting food. I'm not starving myself to extreme. I'm comfortable doing this. If there was any danger I would stop, my job is very sedentary, and I don't excercise. I'm not very tall. Hence the beer belly. (check my photos)
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 1,248Member Member Posts: 1,248Member Member
    First off Grumpy, your FB and way of telling stories, it's all hilarious. :) And who doesn't need a good laugh?
    Second off, you are way too down on yourself! As someone mentioned, you're not as big as you must think you are!!
    Personally, I think doing it publicly, on FB, is a great way of keeping it going, up close and personal and might very well hold you more accountable.
    I won't even get into the whole healthy vs. not healthy way of doing it. People do tend to have strong opinions, AND much more intelligence on that spectrum of things, than I do. I just wish you the very best of luck and hope it gets you to where you want to be, in a healthy way.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    First off Grumpy, your FB and way of telling stories, it's all hilarious. :) And who doesn't need a good laugh?
    Second off, you are way too down on yourself! As someone mentioned, you're not as big as you must think you are!!
    Personally, I think doing it publicly, on FB, is a great way of keeping it going, up close and personal and might very well hold you more accountable.
    I won't even get into the whole healthy vs. not healthy way of doing it. People do tend to have strong opinions, AND much more intelligence on that spectrum of things, than I do. I just wish you the very best of luck and hope it gets you to where you want to be, in a healthy way.

Than you for your kind words. Pop over my page and say hi.