What do you all think about this?

12346»

Replies

• JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    You think like that but well each mind a different universe. I don’t want to look with narrower hips for the rest of my life.
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    eryn0x wrote: »
    Yes yes and yes. Weight gain is a factor here. Agree with all else too.
    I was curious enough to look her up, and looking at her other insta photos, I can tell you one thing: the padding over her hips is fat, not muscle. There is no large muscle in the “hip dip” area, plus you can see cellulite in the photos of her in a bathing suit. The texture over her legs is not ripped muscle, either. She has mega muscle in her quads, but there is substantial fat on top of it. So you have substantial surface fat on the hips, buttocks, and thighs, plus a waist, back and torso with no fat layer and visible abs.

How do you get that look? Genetics, lipo, or a combination of both. It’s not possible to spot reduce fat, as many many people here have said many times.

Now, she claims that she reduced her hip dip by growing her glutes so much that they stopped “drooping” and magically filled in her hip dips. That doesn’t physically work like that. Plus, like I said, cellulite. Muscles don’t get cellulite. I’m guessing what she did was put on substantial weight, both fat and muscle, then have some of the fat moved around. Or maybe she is incredibly lucky in where her fat ends up. Regardless, if you weren’t born storing fat only on your hips and never on your stomach, no amount of working out will cause that fat distribution.

She has ample motivation to change the truth - she is selling her products and method, hard, on every photo. When something for sale appears too good to be true, it probably is.
    I was curious enough to look her up, and looking at her other insta photos, I can tell you one thing: the padding over her hips is fat, not muscle. There is no large muscle in the “hip dip” area, plus you can see cellulite in the photos of her in a bathing suit. The texture over her legs is not ripped muscle, either. She has mega muscle in her quads, but there is substantial fat on top of it. So you have substantial surface fat on the hips, buttocks, and thighs, plus a waist, back and torso with no fat layer and visible abs.

How do you get that look? Genetics, lipo, or a combination of both. It’s not possible to spot reduce fat, as many many people here have said many times.

Now, she claims that she reduced her hip dip by growing her glutes so much that they stopped “drooping” and magically filled in her hip dips. That doesn’t physically work like that. Plus, like I said, cellulite. Muscles don’t get cellulite. I’m guessing what she did was put on substantial weight, both fat and muscle, then have some of the fat moved around. Or maybe she is incredibly lucky in where her fat ends up. Regardless, if you weren’t born storing fat only on your hips and never on your stomach, no amount of working out will cause that fat distribution.

She has ample motivation to change the truth - she is selling her products and method, hard, on every photo. When something for sale appears too good to be true, it probably is.

I guess I’ll just get lipo and work hard at the gym as well, my darn genetics didn’t bless me with the hourglass figure and I really want it. Thanks everyone.

My genetics didn't bless me with big boobs, but I'm okay with that. I'd rather be admired for my intelligence and sparkling wit, anyways. :D

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    I think you should talk to someone about this obsession with your body and what you perceive as ideal. You had said you are pregnant and will have another human soon who will pay attention to everything they see or hear you say and will model your behaviors (good or bad). Think about your child or someone you care about and if they were saying these things about themselves. Would you support it or want them to love themselves the way they are?

Thank you for saying this. I was about to suggest the poster speak with a professional about her obsession with and her poor body image. It's not healthy.

We all have things we'd like to change but perhaps focus on being healthy and happy first before taking drastic measures to change your body. Having big hips just won't automatically make a person happy.
  • JanetReyna
    cathipa wrote: »
    I think you should talk to someone about this obsession with your body and what you perceive as ideal. You had said you are pregnant and will have another human soon who will pay attention to everything they see or hear you say and will model your behaviors (good or bad). Think about your child or someone you care about and if they were saying these things about themselves. Would you support it or want them to love themselves the way they are?

Girl, my baby girl will not hear me talk about this with my body. This is why I vent here and not with her or anyone else. I mean, I will teach her self love and all there is. Me being this way does not 100% guarantee I will be like this in front of my child. My child is my child and I will know what to do and how to raise her. But my “obsession” over being thick isn’t going to affect my child because I know venting here or with a counselor will be better than venting with or Infront of children. I know it might be an obsession but I’m drained of looking like an Apple body shape. I am tired of seeing my big stomach and no curves. I am truly tired. I really want to be thick 😭
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Just tuning in / so I’ve seen the instagrammer you are talking about. Dari Hananova is a fitness trainer in NY - she specializes in that big booty look.
    She focuses on lunges, squats, deadlifts and sumo squats. She advocates weight lifting for that sculpted look.

**Of course - make sure you are fit and cleared by a doctor to do any of these work out routines.

Everyone’s body is different - but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to build up the glutes with a dedicated workout routine. Have you tried doing a fitness routine with weights?
    *If cleared by your doctor - you can keep a light routine going to stay fit and work towards your goals.

Best of luck! 🍑

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    eryn0x wrote: »
    Yes yes and yes. Weight gain is a factor here. Agree with all else too.

I guess I’ll just get lipo and work hard at the gym as well, my darn genetics didn’t bless me with the hourglass figure and I really want it. Thanks everyone.

Are you still pregnant?
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    @JanetReyna just start hitting them squats and get heavier and heavier and they will grow 👌🍑🍑

Thank you boy! But I want big hips too lol 🥺

It's not that fun.

For example, yesterday I bought a bridesmaid dress... I have to buy a bigger size to accommodate my hips... therefore I will need to pay for more alterations because the top will be too big. Another example... I get horizontal lines on my pants because my hips are not proportionate to my waist. There are lots of things that don't look good. Just look at the Kardashians for evidence of that, and they have stylists, trainers and endless money.
  • JanetReyna
    Just tuning in / so I’ve seen the instagrammer you are talking about. Dari Hananova is a fitness trainer in NY - she specializes in that big booty look.
    She focuses on lunges, squats, deadlifts and sumo squats. She advocates weight lifting for that sculpted look.

**Of course - make sure you are fit and cleared by a doctor to do any of these work out routines.

Everyone’s body is different - but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to build up the glutes with a dedicated workout routine. Have you tried doing a fitness routine with weights?
    *If cleared by your doctor - you can keep a light routine going to stay fit and work towards your goals.

Best of luck! 🍑

I know I can do it but someone told me I will always stay Apple shaped and I really want to aim for that hour glass figure. Having no curves sucks. I wish more ppl would understand it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member

Best of luck! 🍑

I know I can do it but someone told me I will always stay Apple shaped and I really want to aim for that hour glass figure. Having no curves sucks. I wish more ppl would understand it.

Focus on being healthy *mentally *and* physically* for the sake of your daughter. All the rest is just #firstworldproblems
  • JanetReyna
    Thank you so so much! This means a lot to me! As you can see I do have a bum and breasts but I have weight and a lot in my waist and arms and back. So that makes my lower look smaller I guess? I guess I have to put in more work and maybe I am truly an hourglass hidden under the fat lol! I think you are right. I just don’t know how to train to keep my gluteus, lose the stomach, and get thicker legs. It’s so confusing to me on how to train!
    earlnabby wrote: »

Best of luck! 🍑

We understand it but we also see obsessing about what your genes gave you is very unhealthy for both body and mind. Each of us is stuck with a certain basic shape from the time of conception and there is very little that can be done about it. Get to a healthy weight, be as fit as possible, and just let everything else go. If you cannot do that, please, please see a therapist who has expertise in body dis-morphia disorder.

This^ Plenty of us are not thrilled with our genetic shape. There are women here who have definitely built up quite a booty with resistance training and bulk/cut cycles over YEARS. Many, many years. It can be done. To the extent of your example, not so sure without the right genetics. It would be like me starting a thread....'I really want to look like Jessica Rabbit. Has anyone been successful with growing their boobs from an A to a DD?"

Have you ever lost enough weight to be in the middle to low of the BMI scale to know what your body shape looks like then? You may have all the curves you want. You have very shapely legs, ample breasts. You look like an hourglass in the making to me. But regardless at some point we all have to accept what we have to work with unless we are willing to go under the knife which is costly and dangerous. I have nothing against it, but would you be willing to risk your child being left without a mother because of some random accident during surgery for an elective procedure?

Go through the stages of grief over the loss of your dream body if you need to. Be in denial, be angry, negotiate....in the end if you come to acceptance your life will be so much richer.

I'm sorry it it feels like everyone is attacking you, but please know we are coming from a place of concern.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Calorie deficit to lose the extra fat (NB you need to take breastfeeding into account so as not to negatively impact your milk supply), following a programme such as Strong Curves to preserve existing muscle mass as you lose weight. After that, to achieve anything remotely like the pictures you've posted in other threads will take dedicated progressive strength training and a lot of time.
  • JanetReyna
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Calorie deficit to lose the extra fat (NB you need to take breastfeeding into account so as not to negatively impact your milk supply), following a programme such as Strong Curves to preserve existing muscle mass as you lose weight. After that, to achieve anything remotely like the pictures you've posted in other threads will take dedicated progressive strength training and a lot of time.

Thank you love 💕