How often do you step on the scale?

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    @Safari_Gal_ people say that it’s supposedly easy to hit the disagree button by accident but I’ve seen so many disagrees lately, it’s way more than usual. There are always going to be people who just must disagree even when it makes no sense.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    yxba wrote: »
    I typically weigh in daily but sometimes I take breaks. In my case my weight can jump around quite a bit. Like i'll lose 10 pounds in a couple weeks and then i won't lose anything for a couple weeks. It can be very frustrating when you're doing everything right and you gotta wait for the weight to star coming down again.. I've remained positive though and now ive lost over 210 pounds. 100 pounds more to go.

That is an incredible weight loss! Good for you, very inspiring!
  • Polkadotpassport
    Polkadotpassport Posts: 8 Member
    every week, I wish I didn't have to
  • BrettNS
    BrettNS Posts: 41 Member
    Once a week.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Daily (when I actually remember to do it). Not because I'm desperate to see how much weight I've lost in a day, but because more data helps illuminate the actual trends; it makes it easier discard large spikes or dips as water weight fluctuations, etc.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    edited January 2020
    For me it’s a double edged sword because if I weigh every day the fluctuations and plateaus can upset me. But then I weigh every day because I have a bad obsession with the scale and I don’t want to miss a low weigh in. I’m using a trending app it’s currently saying that I’m gaining 1 lb a week lol!
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    I weigh-in every 4 or so days. If I eat a lot of sodium, I wait a week before weighing myself because the water weight will throw me off mentally.
  • JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    Every day, but even though I am aware of fluctuations, they still bother me. Considering going down to maybe 2-3 times a week instead.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I weigh and record first thing every morning.
    I use these daily weights to formulate my weekly weight

I do however jump on the scale anytime I find myself in the bathroom in a suitable state of undress. These other weigh ins aren't recorded and are just out of curiosity. 30 seconds after I step off the scale I'd have completely forgotten what the scales said.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Every day, but even though I am aware of fluctuations, they still bother me. Considering going down to maybe 2-3 times a week instead.

I have the same issue too 😔
  • canthony3505
    canthony3505 Posts: 35 Member
    I admit that when I know I overindulged the day before, I don't weigh the next morning. I don't want to know the damage. I just vow to do better the following day.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2020
    I don't weigh myself at all. I know in my mind what I want to look like in the mirror and I can see that I am headed in the right direction. It will take awhile to be where I want to be but I want to focus on a lifestyle change versus dieting for weight loss.
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    When I first started I only logged the days I was down weight but after a couple weeks, I started to log every day and still am. I like to see the fluctuations depending on whether I had a big salty meal, if I had an intense work out session etc. it’s also nice to see that despite fluctuations, the overall trend is down. It also helps me know I’m not losing my kind when I can see long term trends. Installed from mid November to New Years, only losing 4 lbs and you can see that on the graph with the red lines showing the trend. I feel writing is a matter of personal preference. If weighing everyday and seeing the fluctuations is going to discourage you, then once a week/once every 2 weeks/once a month works fine. It’s about finding what works for you
    klmw0r5bjc1a.jpeg
    ndqkwohjwsjf.jpeg
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    I weigh myself once a week and take my measurements once a month. Usually if my scales don't move I'll for sure see a difference in inches.
  • swazzom93
    swazzom93 Posts: 26 Member
    I weigh every morning, sometimes I forgot the odd day usually at the weekend. I find it helps me keep on track otherwise I’m sure I would slip up during the week and binge eat. I also log my weight onto the app Happy Scale as I like the visualisation of the goals.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    I used to be a every day weigher but the number bothered me then my bartires in my scale died now I'm back on it I haven't replaced those batteries and just weigh once a month at the chemist for 50p
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Once a week, every monday. I watch trends, not specific numbers.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    jbruced wrote: »
    I don't weigh myself at all.
    Having just said this I now realized that I have to weigh myself soon as that information is pertinent to power performance data for my cycling training :smiley:

• darnold87
    darnold87 Posts: 9 Member
    Every morning, before I drink anything. I need enough data points to accurately determine the trend.

U304IVW.png
  • s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm a daily weigher, but I started incorporating a lot more strength training three weeks ago. Since then the scale hasn't budged. Going to likely weigh once a month now. I was getting too frustrated/discouraged because the number was staying high (despite losing two pant size and three top sizes). Brought the measuring tape out and had lost some inches on my waist and chest (gained one on my butt) since the second week of upping the frequency of my weight training. So.... yeah.