What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I did a 14 mile walk. It rained the whole way. There were many hills. It was nearly dark when I finished - I thought about using my torch for the last decent. So it was close to perfectly timed.

After that, I swam 1km (slowly, as in was tired from the walk.)

In the UK, tax returns are due on 31 January, so the swim was a way on my part of delaying doing this (I did it afterwards.)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Mon 1/27: Full body weight training, 33 min spin bike
  • dg4464
    dg4464 Posts: 15 Member
    Finally ran 3 miles without stopping
  • _Blumenkraft_
    _Blumenkraft_ Posts: 22 Member
    Just a gentle 45min swim today.
    I'm getting back into weights after a while but trying to put some different forms of exercise in between the lifting days- swimming, cycling or yoga.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    First day trying anything higher intensity after a cold - 22 minutes of running including a beastly unplanned hill (thanks for the push, construction!)
  • Miladmknzi
    Miladmknzi Posts: 1 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Ran 19.1 miles and walked 1.1 (marathon training) + 4 minutes and 52 seconds of planks!

Hi, I'm getting ready for marathon on this sunday. Did you try the energy gel during the marathon or your training?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited January 2020
    Early morning: An hour of TrainerRoad with Zwift in the background. Zwift was on the laptop and TR was on my phone controlling my smart trainer.

Later morning (8am): 50 min of yoga
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Got back from Sedona over a 3 day for my Anniversary. Didn't plan working out at all but did around a 4 mile "in and out" trail that was listed as Moderate near Sedona. Just gorgeous, one of my favorite places. Rest of weekend was rest, eating and fun (3 hour ATV ride on Saturday after the hike).

Back in the workout groove today -- 60 minutes on the rower. Just over 12K @ 18 SPM/2:28 or 2:29 pace. Steady State work. HR mostly controlled but got a bit higher than I like at the end. Probably because I was well rested, didn't feel hard at all.
  • thatsmejb
    thatsmejb Posts: 83 Member
    Will be getting on the elliptical today after work for 45ish minutes
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    35 min elliptical

15 min arms and shoulder weight circuit

5 min jog
    15x 30 sec sprint/30 sec walk
    Cool down walk
  • megs_rose93
    megs_rose93 Posts: 4 Member
    First day hitting a 5am T/Th gym routine (also including weekend workouts).
    20 minutes on treadmill
    30 minutes arms
    Trying to squeeze things in before a long commute to work. Any bit is good right?
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    rest day - maybe 30 minute cardio but that's it
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    leg day - heavy lifts today. always fun after playing football (soccer) the night before!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Miladmknzi wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Ran 19.1 miles and walked 1.1 (marathon training) + 4 minutes and 52 seconds of planks!

Hi, I'm getting ready for marathon on this sunday. Did you try the energy gel during the marathon or your training?

I'm training. I took two energy gels and one pack of sports jelly beans. What do you typically do?
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    My new favorite interval workout again today. 5 minute W/U on the rower, then 25 power strokes, let HR drop to 140 while rowing slow (18 to 16 SPM), repeat. Ended up with 13 hard intervals and 11.8K meters for the hour.

Was well on pace to do 12K or more, but as the HR keeps drifting up, you really have to control the Stroke Rate/HR toward the end to allow it to get back to 140 again (UT 2 for me, or easy aerobic work).
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    Tue 1/28: pull ups to failure (8, 4, 4) followed immediately by 100 slow push ups in sets to failure (30, 15, 15, 15, 13, 12)...skipping spin bike today, need a rest day on cardio.
  • 08dmd
    08dmd Posts: 11 Member
    I did legs butt and back this morning 👊🏼💪🏼
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    High Rep, Low Weight Full Body Isolation training using dumbbells and cables. B)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    A little over half an hour of a pilates video (classical mat).
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Climbing. I did a 75 minute session, as I got to the gym fairly late. (I ended up getting home at 10.30 p.m., not having eaten by then.)

It was my first session for 8 days - I was alarmed that I was on the verge of injuring my finger. The finger held up well, with no pain, and it was a good session. I got quite a few harder routes.