Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap T 1/28
    1) Walked 3.26 mi 1:00:05 treadmill + cool down + stretched before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 13,406 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 32 floors :smiley:
    3) Prelogged meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals -40 :neutral: , sodium -935 :/ , sugar -22 (fruit, skyr, hubby's bday cake), fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    4) BC-CC research :) / reduce inbox more :) / contact G-MIS for missed records deadline :)
    5) Choose 1-2 to-do's & do them in evening :) minor stuff
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :/ / retainers :/ / bed & no tv 10:00 :mrgreen: felt exhausted & in bed asleep at 9:00!!!! (treadmill W before work)

JFT W 1/29 ~ Didn't feel like walking treadmill, still got up early and x-trained before work instead
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals (mostly) & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Email for BC-CC add'l records / draft APG for current/future ref
    5) Evening: bake salmon & veggies / wash dishes / make apple crisp for dept food day Th / prep lunch & clothes for workplace lunchtime hike / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & no tv 10:00 (treadmill Th before work)

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Get Chromebooks.
    3. Class A: Reflection - identify examples of writing techniques in stories. Notes - Poetry.
    4. Class B: Grammar practice - verb phrases. New story. Reflection - identify literary techniques in stories.
    5. Planning: Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Call parents of students with missing work. Vocab next week. Choose terms! CALL TO SCHEDULE SLEEP STUDY.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Dinner: Soup. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z. 50 pages of It.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow. Unload/reload/run dishwasher. Fold laundry if possible.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. This weekend - Laws Essays and Extended Scene.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 194.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. I got to go to both the audition and the writing group last night! It made for a very full evening, and since my husband has been sick, the dishes AND the laundry have piled up. But I have no commitments tonight other than my run, so hopefully I can at least put a dent in those.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday January 29

Log >:) I’ll try to catch up with guesses tomorrow - too tired now
    Stay in the green >:) See above but I doubt it
    5 fruit and veg >:) 3 at the most
    Water :/
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Today I need to get a move on if I’m going to finish the housework before going to stay with my parents for a few days.

Not a very good day as I wasn’t in control of the menu!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Lovely day today. Even managed an outdoor walk with DH after lunch.

Another New day! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 0.9
    08 Jan: 150.9 - 1.1
    09 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    10 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    11 Jan: 149.9 - 2.2
    12 Jan: 149.6 - 2.5
    13 Jan: 149.4 - 2.7 Upping the intensity of workouts, being mindful of healthy choices, and reigning in the snacking seems to be doing the business. Long may it continue.
    [/spoiler]
    15 Jan: 150.1 - 1.8 Water retention! Took my eye off the ball sodium wise.
    16 Jan: 149.2 - 2.9 Whoah! 😂
    24 Jan: 149.6 It’s been up and down the last week. But at least it’s staying under 150
    29 Jan: 149.0 - 3.1
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. 04 Jan: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    3. 12 Jan: finished chapter 18, so well ahead of goal.
    4. 13 Jan: finished my 1st book: Will start the 2nd tomorrow
    5. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman
    6. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    7. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    8. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    9. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    10. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Wed 29 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Grocery shopping 🌟
    • Accounts 🌟finish tomorrow
    • 7pm: Crochet Group🌟
    • read Ch 8, Northern Lights🌟

JFT Thu 30 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • 10.15am: Dancing Group