Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not comfortable around clutter. I'm an extreme neat freak and can't lay down at night (peacefully) if there's a dish in my sink.

😅 I'm the same way.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    I must have the voice of a child, when people ring up I get ask so many times if there’s an adult home they can speak to 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄
  • Craw0176
    Craw0176 Posts: 17 Member
    I count the lines in passing zones, pee in squares and everything has to be an even number js were special in some way shape or form!!!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I was a child model & filmed a commercial with Bill Cosby, with a bunch of other kids. He was enormously unsettling. Fortunately, I've always been fairly intuitive & strong willed, so just stayed away from him, cuz his awkward & inappropriate over-attention & lack of personal boundaries creeped me out.

He seemed to sense my ducking & dodging to avoid being near him... I kept repositioning myself away from him, which annoyed the director, so was therefore deemed difficult... & he kept an eye on me (no pun intended), but finally left me alone. Eventually, they phased me out of the commercial, so I didn't appear in the final edit.

Stranger still, months later, I was asked back for a 2nd commercial with him, which I turned down... everyone chastised me cuz I was passing up $$ & I never said why (cuz the adults around me dismissed kids & their opinions, anyway, so I knew my words would fall on deaf ears), but I just didn't feel good about it.

Trust your instincts.

That’s amazing. And alarming. You had that gut feeling as a child and the adults around didn’t? Or ignored it? Good for you. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

You can replace the extras. The main talent is the $$$, especially a huge brand name. Plus, he was like that with all the kids. For some reason, I seemed to be the only one uncomfortable with it. If others were, too... they didn't let on, cuz they knew they'd be let go, like me. And, we're all there for the paycheck.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Wow, I wasn't thinking that, but I am now. That's pretty cool!
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I found my mom's brother, after they'd been split up when he was 1 1/2 and my mom was around 5. When I got them reunited my mom was 78 by then. My grandmother had died in childbirth so my grandfather put his dds into an orphanage and I guess back then the boys became wards of the state. Come to find out my uncle had lived less than 10 miles from us for much of his childhood but my mom, her sister and brother never really knew about each other. They were able to reconnect for a couple of years before they all passed away.

It's too bad they spent so much time apart, but nice that they were finally able to connect through your efforts.
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    I have two left feet 😂🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I used to hate going to the dentist so much that over 30 yrs. went by before I went for anything other than emergency visits. :blush: But then I went to a different dentist, and actually love it now. :)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    One of my most favorite foods,,,

7c9u6jb3wn74.jpeg
  • jeepmanromero
    jeepmanromero Posts: 111 Member

7c9u6jb3wn74.jpeg

Yummy
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Congratulations! 🤗
  • _Miss_chievous_
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Awesome!! ❤
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Awesome!! ❤

I should celebrate.... first round on me!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Fun fact about myself... when I was in college I dressed up as Vader and went to my French class that way. Then afterwards I went to the undergrad library and asked them if they had the plans for the rebel base. The librarian there said "ummmm... maybe try the map library." Side note: I'm 5'3" so I made a very short, round Vader.

(Congrats to Deadman on the sobriety. I'll have a tonic with lime.)
  • _Miss_chievous_
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Awesome!! ❤

I should celebrate.... first round on me!

oxigxyc477c6.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

7c9u6jb3wn74.jpeg

I want this
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

This is fantastic! Congratulations!