Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Coolest thing I've read in the past hour!!! Maybe longer. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I had a pet monkey when I was 14. :) Named it Judy after somebody on Lost In Space(I think?).
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    Fun facts about me is that I’m a big video gamer! And i also smoke weed! For some reason a lot of people are surprised by those two haha! Idk y! Had cancer about 5 years ago and was suggested weed then and has helped me ever since. Hmmm what else, I’m really short! 5’1-5’2! Even tho I’m so short i have several first place awards from running races in high school believe it or not! Lol I try to volunteer a lot for the homeless! I’m very sensitive to the subject! Have done a few haircuts for homeless in the last few years. So rewarding! I’m a big oldies music fan. And i have a very odd sense of humor and am actually really funny and witty People are shocked by this too haha! @bigjuicy can attest to that ha!!
  • PopRox90
    PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
    I'm 5"6, my primary language is french, I've played guitar since I'm little and also like to sing, I'm extremely shy and quiet in person but once I open up watch out 😝 I've traveled to 12 countries, more than half of my body is covered in tattoos, I love to read, I once served weed cookies at a family gathering 🙊

Omg! Ur the best!! That gathering was lit!! 😂🙌🏼
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

This is fantastic!
  • cdubks88
    edited January 2020
    I'm 5"6, my primary language is french, I've played guitar since I'm little and also like to sing, I'm extremely shy and quiet in person but once I open up watch out 😝 I've traveled to 12 countries, more than half of my body is covered in tattoos, I love to read, I once served weed cookies at a family gathering 🙊

Wow! So talented. 😊 And I agree with Roxy......that family gathering was awesome. 😆😆😆
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I haven't had a cigarette since Jan. 2nd 2019 ...A week later I ended up in the hospital for 9 days due to the flu/pneumonia

I played the piano, clarinet and flute ...and yes I went to music band camp

I also have OCD ....neat freak at its finest
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Not fun....but that’s great! ❤️
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

Well done!!!! New year’s resolution or just for dry January?
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    PopRox90 wrote: »
    Fun facts about me is that I’m a big video gamer! And i also smoke weed! For some reason a lot of people are surprised by those two haha! Idk y! Had cancer about 5 years ago and was suggested weed then and has helped me ever since. Hmmm what else, I’m really short! 5’1-5’2! Even tho I’m so short i have several first place awards from running races in high school believe it or not! Lol I try to volunteer a lot for the homeless! I’m very sensitive to the subject! Have done a few haircuts for homeless in the last few years. So rewarding! I’m a big oldies music fan. And i have a very odd sense of humor and am actually really funny and witty People are shocked by this too haha! @bigjuicy can attest to that ha!!

I ❤ you a little more every day....you're amazing my beautiful friend!!!😍🤗😘💐💜💗💜💗
  • Tinydancer106

C'mere you beautiful creature!😍🤗💗💗💗🍫....a sweet for my sweet peppa.....I personal love having to "watch out"....and now all I wanna do is hear you play and sing my gorgeous girl!🤞😍😎🤘💜
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I have met some interesting people over the years.Two US presidents, several Foreign ministers, etc, but can count as close friends Shirley Temple (Black), the eldest granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi, the Maharaja of Boroda, and an older gent who was a young boy in Tombstone, Arizona in October 1881 (and knew the Earps, Clantons, et al.)

What an interesting life you've led :)
  • Tinydancer106
    A (not so fun) fun fact:
    Today I am month sober.

More of a "Bad *kitten* fact" and probably more important ....proud of you my sweet pal!😎🤘🤗
  • Tinydancer106
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I have met some interesting people over the years.Two US presidents, several Foreign ministers, etc, but can count as close friends Shirley Temple (Black), the eldest granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi, the Maharaja of Boroda, and an older gent who was a young boy in Tombstone, Arizona in October 1881 (and knew the Earps, Clantons, et al.)

That's amazing! I'm sure they think you're a pretty interesting person too!.....I know I do now😎🤘🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Tinydancer106
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Fun fact about myself... when I was in college I dressed up as Vader and went to my French class that way. Then afterwards I went to the undergrad library and asked them if they had the plans for the rebel base. The librarian there said "ummmm... maybe try the map library." Side note: I'm 5'3" so I made a very short, round Vader.

(Congrats to Deadman on the sobriety. I'll have a tonic with lime.)

This is cracking me up!!! .....but it's good to know where to find those plans .....🤔🤷🏻‍♀️😎🤘🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    at the same time when i was 19 I could

hit a High E singing
    run a 4.3 40 yard dash
    bench press 440 pounds

Now I eat oreo cookies and
  • cdubks88
    edited January 2020
    Loved football as a kid and it truly was my first love of sports. Got hurt pretty bad and decided to venture out into hoops.

I spent exhaustive amounts of time practicing at the local college gym because dad worked there and we got access by proxy as kids anytime it wasn't being used. Also because they had the 3pt line way before high school in KS. Spent much of my middle school/high school years working out there, often times with the whole gym to myself.

My senior year was the first year in KS we had the 3pt line. That season I hit end-of-game 3s to beat our county rivals in both home and away games. I set the record for number of 3s in a game and season (which wasn't saying much being the first season). Ironically,
    I think the single game record may still stand......
    😆😆😆

We were all close friends having played sports against/with each other outside school and I got a lot of grief from them about it. 😆😆😆

Went on to be a multi-sport athlete in college.