LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    It's ok to disagree, I was just telling you my situation. I will continue to support you even if you do carnivore. There used to be a guy on here named Jim and he does carnivore with no problems. He's also on YouTube under Beating Obesity, you should look him up. Like I said if I could do it without getting sick I would ;)

I need to start walking again too but I dont have time during the day because I'm watching a baby and a toddler and it's too cold and snowy outside anyway. My treadmill has been calling my name but I just haven't been listening to it :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Awwwwwwwwwwww Jim!!! I miss him - he cracked me up LOL

BOOOOO for AF AND being sick!!! Both kinda suck! LMAO - hopefully the lack of coffee won't back you up TOO much - you can always getcha some of those gummy bears that @volgirl1322 Donna and I love so much!!!! I think they're low carb enough that you could get away with them on carnivore and lemme tell ya - half a bag will clean you out like you didn't even know you HAD!!! :D

I'm stuck on the physical activity thing too *sigh* REALLY hard................
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I can't say anything about the Carnivore Diet as I am not a huge meat eater. I can live without meat but I can't live without carbs..lol. So sorry to hear that you are feeling sick again and about AF <3 If you really need to do #2, the gummy bears works for me. If you can't find that, bekunis tea or tablets always help me. Hope that you will be able to find something which will work for you <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yep those sugar free gummies do the trick....1/2 bag is all you need. Walmart/Target always has them :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Thanks everyone!
    @Brendalea69 I will definitely check his channel out :)

Thankfully it seems I'm not backed up... for now. BUT my body is like
    "Heeeeeeeey. Are you sleeping??? Yeah? Well tough... it's time to go poop!"
    For the last 2 nights. Hopefully this won't become a common occurrence b/c I don't need anything else messing with my sleep lol. Thankfully last night it happened a little early (11:30) so I didn't lose too much sleep b/c of it.

No coffee and dairy have been going well. Other than just wanting something warm in the morning, I haven't been craving coffee.
    It's only been a few days though so will see what happens later lol.

Had porkchops and sirloin yesterday. 3 meals total bc I was hungry early morning. But I think I'm going to start making more effort to IF. I'm really not getting hungry most days until around 10-11am and we normally eat dinner before 6am. I think I'm ready to intentionally aim for that time now though. If some days it doesn't happen, then that's fine too.
    It's been a month since starting carnivore and I think my body is already wanting to IF naturally most days now.
    Slowly working my way back to OMAD! Going slow, but it's gonna get there :)

Chugging along. Cold is just a cold thankfully. Stuffiness is a little worse, but meh. Nothing too terrible other than my excessive mouth breathing lol.

Aaand yeah. I am good today! :)
  • volgirl1322
    YAY for feeling better :) so glad :) the funk is going around for sure......our weather here sucks!!!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Good luck and have a nice day!!! <3
  • Brendalea69
    You will get there, I did low carb for 3 months before I switched to low carb OMAD. I have the cold too and I'm blaming my 2 grandsons that I babysit ;)
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, I love my kids but they are magnets for germs, especially my boys. If there is a cold floating around out there, it's going to find them. lol

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with my digestion right now, but I have been getting gassy like crazy lately and I do NOT trust them all lol. Thankfully no embarrassing accidents, but there have been a few times where I'm like.... "I should probably go sit on the toilet." and was correct to do so ;) lol And thankfully they don't smell... not that I can really smell much right now so it would just be my family suffering :P lol They would definitely tell me if I was stank though.
    I think it's b/c the food is actually being digested now instead of being flushed out. My body isn't used to it, probably don't have as much good gut bacteria as I should so it's resulting in all of this.
    That's my theory at least :)

I dunno what my weight is doing. AF still hasn't shown up. I swear it SHOULD soon but who the heck knows at this point.
    My weight hasn't changed but my ring definitely feels looser now. /shrugs
    I just need to be patient. It's difficult, but all this weight isn't going to come off overnight.

• volgirl1322
    *hugs* to you :) No, we didn't put it on overnight and it certainly won't come off that way.....I think we all know and have been impatient.....just keep it up ---you will get there :)
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Oh, jeez... the impatience, the impatience! Particularly feeling it this week. What’s really keeping me focused right now are the health benefits. I’m watching DH’s blood sugar normalising and I realise that although I’m not measuring (or indeed, at the stage he is/was at - yet) the same thing must be happening to me. My body is becoming less insulin resistant. It’s healing itself. And so is yours, so hang in there!
  • LiLee2018
    Woo.. dinner was something.
    I got lazy while making burgers. The meat was still partially frozen so really wasn't coming together in patties and I didn't want to wait for the first batch to cook THEN have to put on the 2nd one. So I made 4 burgers for DH and plopped the rest of the meat in to another pan w/ some of the breakfast sausage that I made (that isn't bad, but too salty and not the right flavors).
    Wednesdays are a bit hectic b/c I gotta make sure I help daughter with her homework before the fam goes to AWANA at church. So I come over to help her with her reading and kinda sorta forget about my little concoction.

It was at the point of almost burned. Like... a step just before it started to turn black lol. Still edible, but not very good.
    If I was still eating dairy, I would've just added some cream cheese and other cheeses to help, but since I'm dairy free right now.... WTH was I gonna do?

So I come up with a weird idea to make a weird egg drop soup meat thing. I mean.. it didn't taste bad and did kinda help the ground meat, but..... yeah... not my best dinner ever rofl.
    So much salt though. SO MUCH salt. I'm going to be guzzling down water tonight and holding on to all of it for the next day lol
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    I am struggling with salt also , especially when it comes to cheese or smoked fish, I like them a lot , but I am trying to reduce them from my meals, not eliminating because I know I can't, I love too much cheese :)
    Anyhow after a day without so much salt you feel better with all the water lost, so I guess it's good to try to reduce it
    I was having yesterday meatballs with cabbage salad and aioli sauce, they were ok, but not how I have expect them, I think I will eat some chicken wings tomorrow
    Have a better day today :) , you can do this!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Hang in there <3 Sometimes, the weighing scale will remain the same but you loose inches. And suddenly when the whoosh comes, you will see a huge loss on the scale. Keep up the good work :+1:
  • volgirl1322
    LOL it is good to be creative in the kitchen....I love to cook, and sometimes if something goes off the rails, I will invent something.....but i hear ya, not always will it work :)
  • Brendalea69
    I'm the same, I cannot cook and do something else at the same time either. Here is a tip that I have learned to do, set a timer even if it's only for a couple minutes. ;)
  • LiLee2018
    edited January 2020
    So AF came early morning finally and looking at my calender, last one started a month ago. So I guess this is my new hopefully regular cycle now. /shrugs
    I do think it was a combo of gaining some weight back and multiple cheats I was doing that screwed with my hormones and caused the couple of irregular cycles I had.

Anyway... time to just get this over with and move on! Hopefully I'll get a whoosh at the end of all this but MEH! lol
    I have been craving something sweet... like a keto friendly option. DH made himself some chocolate fat bombs (lily's chocolate, coconut oil, macadamia nuts) and MAN do I want one!
    I'll probably be drinking a little more diet soda to help with that.
    Hell..... I'd settle for some cheese right now too though. Dang you cravings!! /shakes fist in the air!!

I did end up drinking A LOT of water after dinner. Almost half a gallon in that short amount of time. A lot of bathroom trips but meh. It was expected lol.

Sleep got interrupted a lot by it and woken up at 4am this morning, but still don't feel too bad or tired right now at least.

@pessxx - I'm fixing chicken wings tonight too! Yay! /highfive ;) lol
  • LiLee2018
    Ok so I was craving some fat so thawed out some ribeyes.
    Yeah... I must say... I like sirloins better. I guess it may just be b/c the quality isn't great, but dang these ribeyes suck! These nasty gristly bits in there that you do NOT want to bite down on b/c they're chewy and gross. And these steaks are too damn expensive (even the cheap stuff) to be like this.
    I would much rather go with a cheap sirloin than a "cheap" ribeye now.
    Dang... never thought I'd be saying that.

I ate some of it though. Hopefully it doesn't upset my stomach.
  • volgirl1322
    I am not a ribeye fan at all......I can't stand the fatty bits either (puke).....Sirloins are much better.....or even a flank steak is good.....any cheaper meat like that (the flank especially) I will soak overnight in sprite (not diet) a Korean friend I used to work with told me that trick, how it breaks down the meat and tenderizes it......it works amazingly well :)

Hope your tummy is happy too :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I will have to try the sprite trick. I like ribeyes, but can't stand the fatty bits of it either. I tried to eat it for the fat when I was doing Keto, but could not stand it and always ended up throwing it away.