What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited January 2020
    Pineapple should not be cooked. Under any circumstances, for any purpose. Raw only.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Pineapple should not be cooked. Under any circumstances, for any purpose. Raw only.

except in carrot cake ;)
  • SuzySunshine99

except in carrot cake ;)

N. O.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I think Doritos, Cheetos and velveeta all have a bizarre radioactive orange tint that should not be eaten.

And what the heck is velveeta anyway?!!?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member

except in carrot cake ;)

N. O.

and on pizza... :)

Yes in carrot cake, no on pizza
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I think Doritos, Cheetos and velveeta all have a bizarre radioactive orange tint that should not be eaten.

According to wikipedia Velveeta is defined as "a brand name for a processed cheese product that tastes like an American cheese, with a softer and smoother texture than non-processed cheese."

Ingredients: milk, water, whey, milk protein concentrate, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, and 2% or less of salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid, sodium citrate, sodium alginate, enzymes, apocarotenal, annatto, and cheese culture.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member

According to wikipedia Velveeta is defined as "a brand name for a processed cheese product that tastes like an American cheese, with a softer and smoother texture than non-processed cheese."

Ingredients: milk, water, whey, milk protein concentrate, milkfat, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, and 2% or less of salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid, sodium citrate, sodium alginate, enzymes, apocarotenal, annatto, and cheese culture.

🤔 🧐 cousin to easy cheese hmm
    Lol
  • SuzySunshine99

except in carrot cake ;)

N. O.

and on pizza... :)

:noway:
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Macaroni salad looks like it should taste good... but never does
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I don't like nuts in brownies. Or nuts on most desserts (cakes, ice cream, etc). It's weird because I like some nuts, but I like them on their own. However, almonds in chocolate is a YES.

• teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    braves3134 wrote: »

You made me think of the Connor's episode the other night, they're watching the Bears-Packers game and the Date says something like, "Chicken Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad...your family has replaced the green in salads with mayonnaise"
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Bacon cooking smells like toxic poison to me
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member

You made me think of the Connor's episode the other night, they're watching the Bears-Packers game and the Date says something like, "Chicken Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad...your family has replaced the green in salads with mayonnaise"

One of the few things Packers and Bears fans seem to agree on, along with sausage being a health food.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Wine is gross. All wine - red, white, whatever. It all tastes like gasoline with varying degrees of sugar added. And while a single small piece of artisan chocolate can be delicious, "chocolate overload" desserts like Death by Chocolate or chocolate lava cake are bitter and disgusting.

Yes, I expect my chick card to be revoked any day now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

One of the few things Packers and Bears fans seem to agree on, along with sausage being a health food.

Hey, now!

~Bears fan
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2020

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Oh, me too. I'm writing this from Chicago. ;-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Giordano's or Lou Malnati's?
  • SuzySunshine99

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Giordano's or Lou Malnati's?

Not to jump in between you too....but I have an unpopular opinion among Chicagoans. I think Lou Malnati's is crap. Their crust sucks, and the ratios are just all wrong. Giordano's thin crust is pretty good, but Armand's all day long.