Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!! Happy Weekend!

Things are calming down a bit over here after all the health drama with my oldest. We were monitoring his heart with a little heart monitor, but it kept coming off during hockey...due to all the sweat. So, we only got about 1 week of data (was supposed to be 2) to turn in, and now we wait for the results. I'm 100% sure his heart is fine. I think we're dealing with a little bit of asthma and a lot of anxiety. So, we've set up a couple more appointments with a therapist, and we should be set then. He was able to get through the week at school, with some help from the school counselor. Overall, I'd say a good week and had an amazing hockey game (we are in a tournament this weekend) last night where he scored the winning goal in overtime to take us to the championship today. Unfortunately, when he scored it was kind of a quick shot at the goal and he was trying to make his way off the ice as his breathing was labored, but the puck went in and everyone stormed the ice. Took a little while to get his breathing back on track and his anxiety in check with all the excitement!

I've been on an every other day workout schedule since starting The Metabolism Plan. If you're into learning more about the human body and how it works, I highly suggest it. I think it's only $10 on amazon. Things I've learned...there are foods (healthy ones) that you may be eating that cause inflammation which can lead to injuries, weight gain, and all sorts of other body issues. Also, she talks about your optimal workouts and how doing the wrong workouts for your body, and/or the wrong duration, will cause your thyroid to not function optimally, which in turn affects your metabolism. So, I've been testing foods/workouts (I'm going about it a little differently than she lays out) and so far I don't think my issue is foods...it's workouts. I normally workout 6 days a week, up to 1 hour a day. When I switched to less intense workouts (bye, bye Cathe RWH series) and kept them to 30 minutes every other day, I've dropped 10 pounds in 3 weeks. That is eating more food than I have in the past as well...it's very intriguing to me. But, explains why I get comments from so many people about why I am not a tiny little thing when I workout so hard and watch what I eat so closely. I was working out too hard for my body. Who knew?!

Tami, I'm so happy to hear that the supervisory finally recognized your hard work!! That had to feel so satisfying! Also, that there is some required time off for her to cool down a bit...that is good that it was required! Great job juggling 2 jobs and getting in workouts too! I'm on the total body kick right now as well...I've found that total body metabolic (no cardio) with moderate weights is my sweet spot!

Laurel, dang on the shoulder injury! I'm nursing one too, but mine is actually a slipped rib. It's that one that feels like it's behind your shoulder blade. My chiro is able to fix it, but I often times have that happen and a pulled muscle at the same time, so he recommended a lot of icy hot! So far, that's doing the trick. Pretty sure the injury is mainly from shoveling this heavy, slushy snow we've been getting!

Laurie, have you added shoveling to your workouts for the day?!?! I'm not sure about you, but we keep getting these nuisance snow falls of a dusting to 2" of rain/sleet/snow mix. It is not fun to drive in and even worse on the driveway. My poor little car can't get up the driveway when it's full of slush, and shoveling it or plowing it is a nightmare. I think we finally are having a bit of a break this weekend from it all, so I'm hoping we melt away what's left on the driveway! I'm sure enjoying the mid 30's though this weekend...nice to have warmer weather!

Thelma, ahh, your rotation sounds so wonderful and working out great for you! Those are the best ones for sure! I hope you are staying warm there, sounds like some chilly weather for sure! I'd suggest The Metabolism Plan to anyone...I actually have 3 friends that also purchased it after I read it. If anything, it has a lot of useful information on items (ie. hair products, lotions, etc) that can affect your metabolism, how drinking water (and when and how much) can affect your metabolism and a lot of other interesting items. I learned a lot from it!

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend! I'm headed to cheer on my boy and his team today in hopes we may take the win (we've tied and lost to the team we play today). It will be rough on my blood pressure, but I so enjoy watching my boy play!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,508 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. We had a nice and quiet weekend. DH was feeling well. His sinuses are acting up.

My workouts on Friday were Restorative Healing yoga and S&S Ramped Up Upper Body. No workout on Saturday and today I did STS Meso 2 #19, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Stretching and Up to BEat Fit Walk 2000 Steps.

Laurie, nice job doing Jillian's workouts! Wet snow is so heavy!! I hope you had a break from the snow over the weekend.
    The Legs & Glutes workout is a killer but I like it. I get to try the Push & Pull this week! We do have a metal roof and that is why we hear how heavy the rain can be.

Laurel, great job with those workouts. I'm so happy that your arm continues to improve!

I am really happy to have survived the Legs and Glutes workout! What a killer workout! I can't remember what we set the AC to at night during the summer but it's definitely cool in our house at night. The sun doesn't hit the front of the house till the late afternoon in the summer, and that is when it gets super hot. We had a sunny day on Saturday and today was cloudy and tonight a little rainy. Showers tomorrow and normal temps during the day this week. 50's during the day and 30's at night.

Erika, I'm so glad your son is doing better. How scary though that the doctors think it's his heart. I hope you're right and it's nothing but asthma. Did they measure his lung capacity? Did the doctors consider the possibility of him having asthma?

Congrats on going to the championship! How exciting that your son scored the winning goal! I bet it is scary when his breathing gets labored. I hope doctors figure out the source of his problems soon.

congratulations on the 10lb weight loss! That is pretty amazing! I'm going to have to check that book out! I can't believe that gentler, shorter and less frequent workouts have helped your weight loss! Definitely intriguing!
    We are definitely staying warm here. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of my winter clothes when I moved to GA!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice weekend, even though we had to shovel our dd out of the ditch at the end of our driveway on Saturday. We got her out within 15 minutes, and she made it to work on time. ;) So I had shoveling as a workout and I also did Jillian's Lift & Shred Level 2. On Sunday was Jessica's Walk Strong 3 Pilates & Yoga. This morning I again did Lift & Shred Level 2, but this time I used heavier weights. Really good workout with the right weights.

DH and I went to see the Star Wars movie last night, and then out to eat. I hadn't seen anything news wise until we where in the restaurant. I'm still in shock about the helicopter crash. Feel for all those families.

Laurel, Great job with your workouts! LOL about your poor legs. I'm sure that your stretch felt really good. Hope that your arm continues to feel better and better as the days go along. I think the only thing that I find interesting about the Pro Bowl is the skills challenges. Hope that you where able to get some of those chores knocked off your list. LOL about the blinds, for sure you will need some of those with new neighbors.

Erika, Well congrats first off on the win and your ds going to the Championship! Please let us know if there was an ultimate win. I hope that you have positive results from your ds's test. I can't even imagine the feeling he has when he is having trouble breathing. I'm sure that the anxiety is at an all time high at that point. Glad to hear that you have him going to a therapist, that will help a lot. We sent my oldest dd to one for her anxiety, and they taught her some great coping ideas. Thanks for the information on the book. I will have to check it out, because you are right that isn't a huge price. I have been doing 30-40 min. workouts. That range seems to work really well for me. Having done Jillian's workouts for a couple of days now, I have noticed is a reduction in my stomach. I don't know why that may be, because I don't think that her workouts are that intense. Guess that my be a reason also. We had about 8 inches of snow when we woke up on Saturday morning. Otherwise it has just been like what you have been dealing with. Congrats on the weight loss!

Thelma, Sorry to hear that your DH is having sinus issues. Not fun. Great job on all your workouts, you are really going strong. Most of the snow we had this weekend was the wet variety. I felt I had a great workout just getting the end of the driveway taken care of. It was a good thing that the snow blower was able to handle the rest of the driveway. Do enjoy that Push/Pull when you finally try it out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! We had a very quiet weekend here since the weather was cloudy/chilly/rainy and DH had to work both days. So I did some chores around the house and read quite a bit which isn’t a bad way to spend some rainy days. For workouts, on Saturday I did a 20 minute walk with Jessica Smith then did Cathe’s Yoga Relax, which felt wonderful. Yesterday was STS Disc 20/Legs followed by a really tough 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride from Peloton. Today was another Cathe oldie, Maximum Intensity Cardio. I added on the core work from Body Max 1 as well as another foam roller stretch from Peloton, this one focusing on the quads. The arm is about the same as it was Friday, but that is actually not bad given that I cleaned the house on Saturday with it! :o But if I don’t see more improvement this week, I may cut back more on my activity and see if that helps. I am not sure waving my arms around doing cardio is the best thing. :D

Erika, fingers crossed you get good news on your son’s health. He is definitely at an age where anxiety issues can really start kicking in. I hope he can get some relief. But it sounds like he did great in the hockey tournament. Wow on the weight loss! I am definitely going to give that book my attention because I think it might be able to finally convince me to reduce some of my cardio. I know doing too much cardio is counter productive, but, mentally, I can’t seem to let it go. Maybe if I experienced some weight loss it would convince me to lighten it up a bit.......finally. I am sorry to hear about your rib injury. Hope you heal up soon. Hope your weather improves as well. Shoveling snow.....nope, don’t miss that. ;)

Thelma, great workouts! I am sorry to hear your DH wasn’t feeling too well this weekend, though. I imagine being on a plane every week may take its toll on his sinuses though. Hopefully he is doing okay.

Laurie, great workouts! I love that Jessica Smith workout that you did on Sunday. How did you like the Star Wars movie? I have heard such mixed things about it that I don’t know whether to see it or not. We have enjoyed the last two quite a bit. I agree about the news about Kobe Bryant. I just can’t begin to imagine what his wife and surviving daughters are going through right now. One of their daughters is just a baby. Truly heartbreaking. Anyhow, DH got our blinds up just in time because, sure enough, they are breaking ground on the house next door this morning. It is going to be an interesting year sandwiched between two construction projects. I have already seen a front loader get stuck in a ravine right behind our house and have to be pulled out by another front loader. :o This was after I had to chase them off our property as they were getting ready to take the front loader across part of our yard. :o:o Even with letting them know where our property line was, they still crossed it and now I have people coming out on Wednesday to make sure they didn’t damage the sprinkler system. So, yep, it is going to be an interesting year. :#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all again the other day. Busy bee in the afternoon. This new position sometimes creates busy spurts at weird times so lunch is quick and then I catch up a little bit. Weekend was good. I did some organizing in the laundry room (a delayed but necessary process) and worked a few hours yesterday.

Workouts: RWHiiT Circuit Upper Body, STS Total Body + Peloton Ride, Giant Sets Upper (x2) + Peloton Ride. Today I am possibly heading to BootCamp.

So another “new” item to my list is helping out our customer service person in a few weeks when she goes on vacation for a week. Which is great because some of the things she does will be helpful in my upcoming/new position with the training and learning I will be doing there. (same searches, computer programs, etc.) so kind of a crash course of what’s to come. Anyway, started with her today an will be working with her off and on this week and next few just to feel comfortable before she leaves. We joked that it is good she goes on vacation once and a while, it is how I have been training anything new really …. Funny and not funny. LOL

Our weather has turned to rain, rain and more rain. Needless to say, the snow is leaving quickly. I guess this weekend it is supposed to be up to 55 degrees! WOWSA.

Erika: Thank you for the encouragement and kudos for my job/workouts. I appreciate that. Also, thank you for the book recommendation. I always love reading/exploring different avenues that might work better for “me”/”my body” because we are all definitely not blueprints when it comes to food and fitness. I believe different programs/foods work differently for everyone. I am definitely going to order that up. If I could drop 10 lbs from her plan I would be THRILLED. OK, more than thrilled. I would take 5 lbs. I have learned through some time and effort (mentally) that I don’t necessarily HAVE to workout so hard or for an hour or whatever has always been stuck in my mind. Often I do longer workouts or 2 workouts because I simply enjoy getting on my Peloton after a weight workout. But I do feel I hit a plateau a while ago (years) and would love to find the magic “what works” for me moments. My sweet spot as you say …. ;) That is what I have been searching for. Wishing you all the best for your son and a very good outcome from his tests. Prayers for you to feel calm during this. I am sure it is stressful for all of you.

Thelma: Excellent job on your workouts! Sounds like your body is doing really well and all is going good with your strength/weight workouts plus Yoga still, which is fantastic.

Laurie: Awesome workouts for you as well including the shoveling. That is a lot of work forsure. Sounds like you all have A LOT of snow right now. Argh ..... Way to go with your workouts as well!

Laurel: Sounds like a nice weekend for you. I actually reorganized our little laundry room …. After getting our new washer it inspired me to re-organize a bit. What is it about anything new you get in your house … then you want things around it to be at par with the new item I guess. LOL anyway, didn’t do a full rehaul or anything but cleaned out a cupboard and made room for some bigger appliances that were hanging out as an eye sore. I am sorry your shoulder is still bothering you. Sounds like full rest for it might be the ticket. It’s not getting worse though, right? I hope I hope.
    I ditto what you are both saying about poor Kobe Bryant’s wife/ family. I cannot even imagine her grief right now. A husband and her daughter plus having to be a mom to the three others. So much. What a complete tragedy. DH and I were watching the news last night and just cannot believe it.
    p.s. I ordered the new series of Cathe's too before I finished the full descriptions .... definitely up my alley! No choreography. :):D

Have a great rest of your day ladies .... talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were STS Meso 2 Disc 20 Legs, stretching and Barre. I'm really liking following a Cathe leg workout with Barre. Double torture! That STS workout goes non-stop! The minute break between trisets felt like 5 seconds!

I ordered my Perfect30 DVDs tonight! Yaay!

Laurie, nice workouts! Snow shoveling DOES count as a workout! It is hard work! I'm glad you were able to shovel your dd out of the ditch!
    Did you like the movie? I'm not into that stuff but DH has seen it twice already! LOL
    Shoveling wet snow is not fun! Definitely, a good thing that your snowblower could handle the rest of the driveway.

I am really going strong with this rotation. It is awesome to be able to lift heavy weights again. I want to do as much as possible before I have to switch to the injectable med. If the symptoms come back I won't be able to lift for a while.

Laurel, great workouts!! Sounds like we're having the same type of weather. Sorry, you haven't felt any improvement with your arm since last week. I think you are on to something with the idea to reduce the usage of your arm for a few days.

DH was doing better before he left on Sunday and the plane ride didn't help at all.
    I can't believe your house is going to be sandwiched between two construction sites! Can you somehow put a rope along the property line?

Tami, great job getting workouts in with that busy job of yours!

Are you the only person there capable of filling in for others? LOL
    It's nice that you will be learning someone something new but I imagine you'll be doing 2 jobs that week.

My body is doing well and I'm so enjoying this rotation!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 2. Guess that this love fest is going to go on for a little longer. :D

Laurel, Sounds like a really nice weekend, and of course getting in some good workouts. Got to love that you got in MIC. LOL about the arm waving during cardio. A picture is forming in my brain with that image. ;) I have to say that I enjoyed the movie, but it isn't on my favorites list. For me there seemed to be missing information that left me unsatisfied. For sure it is full of the wonderful special effects that those movies are known for. Nice that your blinds are up. Oh my on the construction equipment encroaching on your property. I hope that the sprinkler system is okay.

Tami, Glad that you where able to get on line even with your busy schedule. You are really getting some quick learning on the job for sure. Glad that this one will help you in your new position. Great job on the workouts! Sounds like your area is really getting some much needed rain, so hopefully you don't have to endure any of the fire smoke this summer. Yep we have the wonderful snow. I'm just glad that we have not had the really really cold weather, but we still have February to get through. :D

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts! LOL about the torture on your legs, and I can understand why you are getting some good weight work done before your medication changes. Glad to hear that you ordered your P30. That is what I'm going to be calling it, and I'm sure that it will be adopted by a lot of people. Yes we did like the movie, it was good. Like I said to Laurel, there just seemed to be information missing that was kind of annoying. We will see what they come up with in the future with Star Wars.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute tabata Peloton ride followed by 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Both felt great. Okay, so on the arm, I really think it is a forearm/hand issue instead of shoulder issue. And I think it is from typing too much on my iPad with my thumbs. :# I just think I feel it in the front of my shoulder because the tendons up my forearm are so tight. And I have increased my typing in the last couple of months (long story.....but I decided to learn Italian and the app I am using requires quite a bit of typing). So the good news is.....I am not as worried about a serious shoulder issue. The bad news is.....well, it is still an issue. :) But I have started doing more forearm stretches, paying attention to how I grip things (like the handle bar in spin and the vacuum and such) and it is definitely getting better. I am going to continue to stay away from weights for a little while until I get full mobility back and a little less twinge, but the really good news is I don’t feel this is workout related nor do I think that it is something that will cause any long term issues with my workouts. When I thought it was my shoulder, I was concerned. Now I just feel my enthusiasm for learning a new language (something I do from time to time) needs to be taken down a notch or two. :D

Tami, boy it sure sounds like your work situation is going full throttle with another job to learn! But it also sounds like you are enjoying the challenge, which is fantastic. Congratulations on the new washer!! I am with you.....every time I introduce something new into the house, I want everything else to be spruced up a bit. It is like when I got the table/hutch from my in-laws.....and rearranged my kitchen as a result. :o At least you organized the room where your new item was in......unlike me. B) Anyhow, as I said above, my arm is definitely not getting worse. I only have myself to blame for bad posture. And looking back on it, I have felt it for awhile.....but ignored it until it moved into the shoulder. And after all my shoulder issues, I am kind of shoulder paranoid! Great workouts!! I hope to be back with you in a few weeks! And yay for the new workouts!

Thelma, I had to read the sentence twice when you said you loved following STS Legs with Barre. :o Yowza!! But great job! Wish I had that kind of endurance in my legs, but my legs were screaming Sunday after that workout....and I still feel it! When they build in the community, they are pretty good at putting black sheeting down between the properties so that mud and such doesn’t run off the building areas onto a green lawn. They haven’t done that yet on either side of us, and if they don’t do it soon, we will ask them to do it. Despite what will be a mess for awhile, I am glad they are doing both houses on the sides of us at once because that means we only have to deal with the construction mess one time instead of two. But it will be a mess for sure! Yay on the new workouts!

Laurie, great workout! I am sure the picture of me flaying about doing cardio is amusing. :D And probably very accurate. :D:D Thank you for your impression of Star Wars. I may try to get DH to go see it soon because it is probably one that needs to be seen in the theatre. But I am not a die hard Star Wars fan, so if it doesn’t happen, it sounds like I will be okay. I still marvel that a franchise that started when I was 12 is still going on 42 years later. So seeing Star Wars does take me back to my childhood, which is kind of nice. :)

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi Ladies ~ Today was Giant Sets Legs and may get in a Peloton ride after work tonight! Which will feel great.

Thelma: Another excellent workout day for you~ way to go! I am so happy your body is doing so well, such great news! It sounds like I am the only one that fills in doesn’t it? :D I since I am the one so eager to learn and waiting, waiting, waiting these last couple years the door finally opened so they are letting me “help” wherever I can. So eventhough it seems a little full on right now, I am embracing the opportunities forsure. Yes, I will probably be doing 3 jobs the week she is gone. The girl I trained still “needs help” when she gets behind so that is me. :#

Laurie: I am glad you are enjoying your JM 30 Day Shred workouts. Funny how we always talk about how workouts come into our lives an out of our lives and we enjoy them over and over. Definitely a fast track learning right now and I am also glad it will help me in my new permanent position. Nothing like throwing you in and then pulling you back out of the fire a little bit. As I said to Thelma, I am embracing it since I have spent so much time “waiting & wondering” when it would happen. Are you also going to be on the “P30” train? ;)

Laurel: Awesome job today! I just love your Tuesday Tabata + Yoga that you have stuck with. Perfect combo. I know it is a huge challenge for you to stay away from the weight work right now but I would imagine your forearm/shoulder will be thanking you. You will be back at it before you know it. Thank you for the kudos and encouragement as well on my new challenges. Yesterday was a little rough in the start. Sometimes people are good at there job but it is hard to train someone (aka: all over the map/causing confusion for the student). But today is going much better. :)

I will check in again tomorrow ladies! Have a great rest of your day ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I had a terrible night last night. I hardly slept so I was really tired today. My workout today was STS Disc #21 Back and Biceps. I didn't have the energy to do cardio so I decided to pamper myself. I colored my hair and gave myself a much-needed pedicure. My lower back was bothering me today so I did a lot of stretching throughout the day.

Laurie, great job with Jillian's workout!
    I have glute DOMS from the leg workouts! I think that is why my lower back is tight. I am looking forward to theP30 workouts.
    I'm glad you liked the movie. DH said it was OK but he still went with a friend to watch it a second time!

Laurel, great workouts! Wow! I can't believe you managed to figure out that your injury is a forearm/hand issue. I wonder if you have thumb tendonitis. Would you be able to benefit from wearing a splint? When I had thumb tendonitis I was given a splint that covered the thumb. How about getting an external keyboard for your iPad? Definitely continue resting, stretching and massage the forearms too. How exciting that you're learning Italian! I hope you don't have to give it up.

I think you would love following an STS Leg workout with these Barre classes. It's a full-body workout. You have serious leg endurance. You follow your leg workouts with hard cardio work!
    I hope the builder installs that black sheeting between the properties soon! Did they check your sprinkler system yet?

Tami, great workout! I'm glad your workout time seems to be getting back to normal. Thanks for the kudos on my workouts.
    It sure sounds like you're the only only one who fills for everyone else. Of course, you were bored to tears for a long time so anything new is exciting. It's your motivation to learn new things that have opened the doors to this new job. The more you learn, the better the opportunities to move up! Good luck doing those 3 jobs!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian's Lift & Shred Level 1. This one I can lift fairly heavy, and it does get the hr up.

Laurel, Nice job working out with Kristin and your Peloton workout. Interesting on the arm instead of shoulder issue. I'm glad to hear that you will still be watching it, but am glad that you don't have shoulder issues. Those are tough to heal for sure. For sure see that one in the theater, because the special effects are very good. I still remember the first time I saw one of the movies, it was so mind blowing impressive. I do hope that they are able to improve them a bit more, for me it is the acting. I'm seriously not impressed with some of them.

Tami, Great job on your workouts! Nice that you are embracing the added responsibilities. I have had some more things added onto my list of things to do also. We had an admin retire, they did hire a new person, but she doesn't want to handle these items. So guess who they come to for these things. I thought I would be able to hand these basic things like paying the rental on our mailbox to this person. Well I guess not. :D I'm for sure on the P30 train. Those are right in my time frame for working out, and I'm sure they will be good workouts.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you didn't sleep all that well, but great job on doing your workout. Nice that you where able to pamper yourself. I think I have my hair appointment on Sunday, I should probably ask my dd about that. :D Hope that your back feels better today, you are probably right that the leg workout was the cause. I to would probably watch the movie again, but the next time will be in the comfort of my home. Even though they have the nice dream loungers at the theater, I don't want to pay the hefty price. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Quick update because I have all kinds of people in the house today doing warranty work. Anyhow, the workout this morning was IMAX Extreme from Cathe’s Terminator DVD followed by the core work from Power Hour.

Tami, great workouts! My Tuesday spin/yoga workout day has become my favorite day of the week. Makes me think I should do it more often. :) I am glad the training is getting better. I know when I have done something for so long, it is really hard for me to describe what I do! I am not having as hard a time staying away from the weight work as I thought I would, to be honest. I still feel like I am getting some good workouts in with my lower body and cardio. So it isn’t like last year with my calf tear when all I could do was some upper body and even then nothing like plank work or pushups. Oddly, my biggest concern with this injury is wondering when I can get back to playing golf! :D DH wants to know too!

Thelma, great workout despite a bad night. I am glad you spoiled yourself afterwards. I am going to spend some more time today on home remedies for this tendonitis. I am not anxious to go see my doctor after last year’s experience with their complete and total indifference to my torn calf...when they didn’t even contact me to let me know that is what the MRI showed! And I couldn’t put any weight on that. This one is just soreness. They would probably hand me a Tylenol and send me on my way. So I am going to do some more reading and see what I think might help. It is a sad state when medical care has gotten so bad you think you are better off on the internet. :o I am still waiting for the sprinkler guy to show up to see if we had any damage to our system. Last time I had the sprinkler guy here, I almost hit him with a brick because he made me so angry. And I don’t get angry very often. So.....I am hoping this is a little different today.

Laurie, another great workout! I so remember the first time I saw Star Wars! It was so exciting. That is interesting about the acting, though. That’s unfortunate. But if DH doesn’t have to work this weekend, I may try to get him to the theater. Of course, last time I suggested a movie, we ended up going to a hardware store instead. :p But I can at least try. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! My workouts today were Beginner Gentle and Sculpted-Movement Fusion. I had another terrible night and my lower back is still hurting. I hope I can sleep better tonight that DH is back home.

Laurie, good job with that JM workout! You better ask your dd if you have a hair appointment on Sunday soon! LOL
    I hope my back is better tomorrow because I have to do legs again! I'm sure you'll be able to watch that movie from home soon.

Laurel, sounds like a killer workout! Great job!
    It really is sad when we have to diagnose yourself via the internet instead of going to a doctor. I hope you're able to find some help online. Sorry, the sprinkler guy hasn't shown up yet. I hope he does it soon and that he is a better person to deal with!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Another Jillian workout this morning. I did Yoga Meltdown Level 1. This one is always a good one.

Laurel, Some awesome workouts you had yesterday. Hope all that warranty work was taken care of and you don't have to have contractors in your house again. ;) We hadn't been to the theater in quite a while, and have to say that I really enjoyed the popcorn. :D I don't know what it is about theater popcorn, but it is something that I love to eat. LOL about the hardware store. Those are like craft stores for me.

Thelma, Nice workout! So sorry to hear that your back is still causing problems for you. I to hope that having your DH home will give your back some relief. Since they had the movie in one of the smaller theaters I'm sure that the movie will be out soon also. It had taken us a long time to actually think about going, and we where wondering if it was still showing. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Legs and Glutes followed by Cathe’s live class today which was called Cardio Core Challenge. This was a pretty short workout, which was perfect for me today. It was about 25 minutes of moderately intense cardio followed by about 10 minutes of doable abs. It was just what I needed after the tough leg workout.

Thelma, sorry to hear about your back still being sore and another bad night. Hopefully you feel better when your DH gets home today. No, the sprinkler guy did not show up yesterday. :s DH, knowing about my last experience with the guy, decided to handle it and, after yelling at somebody on the phone yesterday afternoon who wanted to charge us $175 for a warranty visit (!) finally got them to agree to come out for free early this morning so he could be here for it. My DH is the sweetest guy but, boy, he also doesn’t mind confrontation (unlike me :) ). So it is all taken care of, thanks to DH. And, hopefully, we will never have to deal with that company again.

Laurie, yay for yoga! Unfortunately, we had two contractors not show up yesterday....the sprinkler guy and the floor guy. So I still have one more day of contractors in the house next week. The floor guys are the same ones who had to rip up the floor in our bathroom last spring, so I am not anxious to see them again either. But we are having some issues with ‘bubbles’ in our wood flooring we want them to look at. I am not quite sure what I will say if they suggest they need to rip it up though! But after the shower situation where they ripped it up and then didn’t have the tile to replace it (and didn’t order it for almost two weeks) if they do need to replace part of our floor, I will make sure they have the replacement floor first! Anyhow, it has been forever since I have had movie popcorn! Now my mouth is watering. :D:p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Happy Friday!

This morning I had a change of pace and put Jillian on the back burner for a little while. I popped in FitSplit Legs & Glutes, such a good metabolic lower body workout.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Cathe sure is a superior lower body instructor. Even that short 30 min. workout this morning was tough. Dang on those contractors, and I sure do hope that your floors don't need to be ripped up. I'm sure that you will make sure that your needs are met before they start taking the floor up. Sorry to make you mouth water, that will just be a reason to go to the movie and get some. Doing that Jillian yoga workout yesterday sure made me realize that I need to get more of that in. I need to work my triceps with some more vinyasa's. The triceps are sore this morning. :D

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 60 minutes of spin with Peloton followed by Cathe’s Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core. That latter workout felt pretty brutal after the spin. :o Looking forward to yoga tomorrow for sure.

Laurie, I love that workout! When I first did it, I wasn’t really impressed, but the more I do it, the more I realize how much she was able to pack into 30 minutes. So good. I agree about the yoga and vinyasas. Nothing helps me improve my tricep pushups like yoga does, for sure. If I could stick with P90x once a week (which I can’t, but it is nice to think about), I think my triceps and shoulders would probably be much stronger than they are when I am lifting weights. But, no, that’s not going to happen. :D I love the workout, but 90 minutes is :o . :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, Happy Friday!

Workouts this week have been a mish-mosh...some KCM, some Cathe, but trying to stick to around 30 minutes and holding off on the super intense workouts. So far, my weight loss is continuing, so I'm doing something right!

No results back on the DS's heart test, but I'm not worried. He's been able to play sports (aside from last Saturday's episode) without issue. They took 2nd last weekend, which is the first trophy in history at our school for his hockey level. Pretty exciting!

Thelma, sounds like you are doing an awesome job with the workouts despite the cruddy nights of sleep. Kudos to you on still getting the workouts in. This week has been a very busy and stressful week, so I've been sleeping terribly. The first thing I cut when I'm tired is my workout...bad, I know! We've had DS tested for asthma, but they said he doesn't have it. We have an inhaler just in case (it never helps if he's feeling short of breath, so it has to be anxiety) as he had one "asthma-like" episode 4 years ago.

Laurie, isn't it interesting how the teenage anxiety just creeps right up? The therapy appointment Wednesday was so good for him. He felt great after, and thinks only 1 more session and he should be good with coping skills. So good to hear! The book is super interesting for sure. I love learning little tidbits of info. Especially, how the body can change over time and at one time heavy weights and cardio may be best for your body, but over time as hormones change and everything else, maybe something else is better. She talks in the book about how 1 hour intense workouts are the sweet spot for some people, and 15-20 min low intensity are it for others. I love learning what is best for me!

Tami, how are you liking the customer service piece so far? That's the area I'm in, and although I love it I also hate it some days. People can get really "bossy" when they know your job is to help them! I've been doing this long enough to know to let the mean comments just roll right off, because I get a lot of them (I work in insurance)! You'll love the book...it's full of great information and I love how she keeps saying everyone is different and she realizes that. I keep the book handy and did a lot of highlighting of the good tips.

Laurel, I'm glad you've pinpointed what is causing you the pain your arm. Sometimes that is so hard to figure out, and makes one crazy trying to figure it out. My chiropractor has been awesome with helping me understand how a pain in one area isn't necessarily an injury to that area, but rather something connected to it. I went through this with my knee a couple years ago and thought I had damaged something in my knee. Turns out, I have muscles in my quads that get really tight really easily and if I don't do extra stretching or foam rolling they tighten and pull which resorts to knee pain. I always said if I had to re-do schooling all over again I'd be a chiropractor or homeopathic doctor...both are so interesting!

Have a wonderful weekend! We've got lots of time at the rink this weekend, so I'll be trying to stay warm. It will be colder inside than outside this weekend (not typical for this time of year in MN), but hopefully I can get out to enjoy it!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. We had a wonderful weekend. It looks like I didn't hit the Post button on Thursday night! Bummer!
    We are going to have a warm week. Today's high was 60 and tomorrow we're supposed to hit 70! Wow! It will be rainy from Tuesday on.

My workouts on Thursday were Yin, Barre, Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes. I did the entire Boxing and Legs workout. It was fun.
    Friday's workouts: Restorative Healing yoga and BodyBlast Push & Pull Upper Body.
    Sunday's workout: STS Me so 2, Disc 24 Chest. Shoulders & Triceps + Stretch.

My back is still acting up but it's better. Things were pretty tight so I've been stretching and give myself traction every chance I get.

Laurie, great job with Jillian's workouts! FitSplit Legs & Glutes is a great workout!
    This back issue is not fun. I definitely get tight after I workout. I've been applying heat, massaging, stretching. I've not taken Aleve but may have to start doing that.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't imagine spinning first and then doing a leg workout! No wonder it felt brutal!
    Sorry, the sprinkler and floor guys didn't show up last week. I'm glad your DH took care of the warranty visit guy!
    How is your forearm doing?

Erika, great workouts and congrats on the weight loss! Good job!
    Thank God your DS is doing very well and has been able to play sports. Congrats on the very special and historic second place win!
    I wonder if this DVD with yoga breathing techniques would help your son? Before you buy it, check on YouTube to see if they have this video.
    https://tinyurl.com/wespdak

When I used to work and didn't sleep well, I also cut workouts. You can only do so much!
    Are you also following the food plan from that metabolism book? I read the reviews and they said the food was complicated?

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Busy start to my day this morning. :o My workout on Saturday was sorting items in the basement. Have another load of items to go to a charity. On Sunday I did Kristin McGee's MTV Power Yoga, kind of strange background, but good workout. This morning I did LITE Cardio Party. :)

Laurel, I love when we torture our legs on the same day. I hope that you yoga session was a good one, and helped your legs. I love that Leg & Glute workout really gets into the glutes. I felt those muscles the next day for sure. I agree with you on P90X, just to bad that it is so long. I have to pull out the one from P90X2, that one was shorter wasn't it? It has been a while since I did that one.

Erika, I actually enjoy doing mish-mosh of instructors. I think it helps me not to get bored. The combo of Kelly and Cathe is a good one. I'm glad to hear that the therapy session for you ds was a good one, and that he is able to use the skills to help himself. It probably helps them to also hear from someone, other than a family member, that what they are dealing with is normal. I think the talking helped my dd a lot. I'm very glad to hear that you are still dropping the pounds, it appears that you are doing the right thing for your body. It still amazes me how our bodies go through so many changes and we need to adapt. LOL about the weather outside vs inside. DH was able to get the outside Christmas decorations down and he was sweating. :D

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Funny how we all did lower body work on or about the same day. :D We had some high temperatures this weekend, it was really nice to see the sun after 14 days of clouds. Dang on your back. Hope that with your ministrations, it starts to improve.

Have a great day!
    Laurie