The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Friday Eve middle agers!!!
    The diet reboot is working my mother actually mentioned yesterday it looks like I've lost weight! My mother who likes to point out every flaw, my mother who once comments I guess not everyone suits every style. So I'm taking that as a win!!!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Hoping for a quiet day today at work.. but maybe shooting for the stars here
  • AliNouveau
    Hoping for a quiet day today at work.. but maybe shooting for the stars here

It's a sky full of starts Handy!
    Might be able to catch one
  • jafacct6778
    jafacct6778 Posts: 31 Member
    morning all of you beautiful people!
  • Kilsi_Kizmit
    Kilsi_Kizmit Posts: 9 Member
    Add me too :)<3
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    The diet reboot is working my mother actually mentioned yesterday it looks like I've lost weight! My mother who likes to point out every flaw, my mother who once comments I guess not everyone suits every style. So I'm taking that as a win!!!!

Hi-5...good job!!!
    No one comments on my weight............good or bad..Ill take that
    but when I gained weight a few years ago my BF MIL told me she was happy I gained weight and I looked better-more womanly/...LOL..gee thanks!
    BUT more comfy at a lower weight

Not much going on here...waiting for a call to interview a college advisor...have 3 calls this week to decide if this is the avenue we are going to take for my 16yr old sophomore *sigh*
    wish me luck!
    kim
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »

Hi-5...good job!!!
    but when I gained weight a few years ago my BF MIL told me she was happy I gained weight and I looked better-more womanly/...LOL..gee thanks!

Not much going on here...waiting for a call to interview a college advisor...have 3 calls this week to decide if this is the avenue we are going to take for my 16yr old sophomore *sigh*
    wish me luck!
    kim

Why do these people feel the need to comment? I was surprised my mom mentioned anything of course she followed with but be careful. Hahah

Doesn't a 16 year old have like at least 2 more years of highschool???? Wow it's crazy competitive nowadays isn't it. Good luck with that. What a dose if reality
  • cteal70
    cteal70 Posts: 1 Member
    Good afternoon. Been on here for a few years, but finally trying to get things in order. Just turned 50 and want to be around as long as I can for my soon to be 5 year old grandson. Any help with accountability would be much appreciated.
  • RoniOman
    RoniOman Posts: 6 Member
    Oh please add me! 47 years old, 2 years into a commitment to be healthier. I love the idea of having a place to talk about solutions to achy knees and low back pain with people who get it!
  • kimber0607

Hi-5...good job!!!

wish me luck!
    kim

Why do these people feel the need to comment? I was surprised my mom mentioned anything of course she followed with but be careful. Hahah

Doesn't a 16 year old have like at least 2 more years of highschool???? Wow it's crazy competitive nowadays isn't it. Good luck with that. What a dose if reality

It all happens so fast....IF we decide to use this advisor.....his suggestion would be to start w SAT tutoring in May for 8-12 weeks and to take the SAT in Aug-Sept or October
    This step is to understand what is out there, and what our options are *sigh*
    Im on the fence!

My 16 yr old right now is more interested in his band and the guitar...LOL..let kids to be kids!!

Im off to go work out (YUCK) but ill feel better when im done :)

have a good one all!
    kim

• AliNouveau

Hi-5...good job!!!

wish me luck!
    kim

It all happens so fast....IF we decide to use this advisor.....his suggestion would be to start w SAT tutoring in May for 8-12 weeks and to take the SAT in Aug-Sept or October
    Im on the fence!

My 16 yr old right now is more interested in his band and the guitar...LOL..let kids to be kids!!

have a good one all!
    kim

Oh my. So he does the SAT early would get do it again? Or would he get like a pre acceptance?

We have relatives in the states and their kids are softball players. One was verbally recruited to a university in grade 8!!!!! They're still looking because that uni had some scandals. But I'm with you let the kids be kids.
  • kimber0607

Hi-5...good job!!!

wish me luck!
    kim

Im on the fence!

have a good one all!
    kim

Oh my. So he does the SAT early would get do it again? Or would he get like a pre acceptance?

We have relatives in the states and their kids are softball players. One was verbally recruited to a university in grade 8!!!!! They're still looking because that uni had some scandals. But I'm with you let the kids be kids.

He took the PSAT in Sept of this year (Sophomore year)....he is taking the PSAT again the end of Nov
    His High School really pushes to take the SAT the end of Aug (the summer before his Jr year)
    They claim it has to do w math level etc etc...
    He can always take it again and try to do better in Jr year (I think thats the plan..LOL)
    It hurts my head! LOL

Thats crazy being recruited in 8th grade...but in a weird way early acceptance..maybe not that early..takes some pressure off
    At least by Sr year they can enjoy/relax....its alot!
    how the heck do you know anything at 16/17....

I just worked out for 1.5hours....feeling good

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Greetings all, Mind if I join in? This is my first week at MFP, but 8th month into getting back in shape.
  • AliNouveau

Hi-5...good job!!!

wish me luck!
    kim

Im on the fence!

have a good one all!
    kim

He took the PSAT in Sept of this year (Sophomore year)....he is taking the PSAT again the end of Nov
    His High School really pushes to take the SAT the end of Aug (the summer before his Jr year)
    They claim it has to do w math level etc etc...
    He can always take it again and try to do better in Jr year (I think thats the plan..LOL)
    It hurts my head! LOL

Thats crazy being recruited in 8th grade...but in a weird way early acceptance..maybe not that early..takes some pressure off
    At least by Sr year they can enjoy/relax....its alot!
    how the heck do you know anything at 16/17....

I just worked out for 1.5hours....feeling good

Hope everyone has a good day!

Wow that's all just crazy.
    All we had to do was hunt for a new school for my boy. Luckily he got into the one he liked
    Nice workout btw

I did a 45 minute skating class this morning. Tonight I'm sparing as skip on my friends curling team. They're terrible so hoping for a short game but should be fun. Their lead is a new "younger" curler....she's my age....and I'm supposed to show her curling is cool and not just for the 60+ year olds. Heck Monday's I play with the 80+ guys. They're so awesome
  • sarcstk1inct
    sarcstk1inct Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, all! I am 39+5 years old (made my sons promise not to make my a grandma before I am 40... so as far as they're concerned, I'll be 39 for a long time... )
    I am the mother of twin 20-year olds, had gastric bypass back in 2010 because my weight was out of hand and I was struggling. No regrets at all. I started to regain because of stress and a sedimentary job, so I am here to use MFP to get back on track. I am Keto for just about 3 weeks now, down 12 pounds, and it's helped with blood sugar issues and I am not hungry, so win-win... and I am feeling better, which is the most important thing.

A little about me, I am sarcastic, into metal and rock, have tattoos, and love crafting. My humor is very odd, so many ppl don't take to me. I just consider it weeding out the weak :wink:

I am straight forward and an open book, and always looking to make new friends.
  • AliNouveau
    Hello, all! I am 39+5 years old (made my sons promise not to make my a grandma before I am 40... so as far as they're concerned, I'll be 39 for a long time... )
    I am the mother of twin 20-year olds, had gastric bypass back in 2010 because my weight was out of hand and I was struggling. No regrets at all. I started to regain because of stress and a sedimentary job, so I am here to use MFP to get back on track. I am Keto for just about 3 weeks now, down 12 pounds, and it's helped with blood sugar issues and I am not hungry, so win-win... and I am feeling better, which is the most important thing.

A little about me, I am sarcastic, into metal and rock, have tattoos, and love crafting. My humor is very odd, so many ppl don't take to me. I just consider it weeding out the weak :wink:

Omg I love the bold. Clever
  • kimber0607
    edited January 2020

Hi and welcome
    After doing some calculations....Ive determined we are the same age :)
    In in Northern NJ and have an almost 15 yr old girl and 16 yr old boy

I was with you on Tatts, metal and rock..but bowing out at crafting..LOL
    No artistic creative ability at all....my daughter loves drawing/painting/sculpting though (didnt get that from me)

Great job so far w your weight!!
    Kim
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hey all...41 here and totally feeling my age. My oldest just got his drivers license today...which is great because I'm tired of driving him around. Yet, not looking forward to the insurance bill!!

The older i get the more my metabolism is slooooooooow so needing to keep myself more focused so I can still fit into my clothes.

Feel free to add!!
  • Bigricky76
    Bigricky76 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m 44, I love this app been on for 10 days and I’ve lost a few kilograms but best of all .... the education of food and what’s in them!!!!
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member

I can relate to part of this. I’m 48, but I told my 21-year old he can’t give me grandkids until I’m at least 50. He told me on Christmas leave that I have two years to get ready!!

Good for you for getting on here to get back on track. It’s a pretty great group of people. Mostly!