• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited January 2020
    Are you a fan? - Oh so very much so
    Do you have any? - yes I do
    Are you preparing for any? - yes I am
    Pain tolerance? - Eh... that's what smelling salts is for
    Price? - Affordable
    Colour or black and grey? - Black and grey is my preference but I do have a color tat planned soon
    Favourite style? - All of what I have are of different styles. The right artist makes the right tat.

I got my first tat at 30. My daughter got her first tat (a sleeve in my honor) at 26.

I also had my tongue pierce for many years. Working up the courage for a couple of more piercings ( @George_of_the_Jungle inspiration).
    IDGAF what anyone has to say or thinks about them. Its not anyone's business but mine.
    16uieedt12a2.gif

This is why I love you.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Price? - Affordable
    Colour or black and grey? - Black and grey is my preference but I do have a color tat planned soon
    Favourite style? - All of what I have are of different styles. The right artist makes the right tat.

I got my first tat at 30. My daughter got her first tat (a sleeve in my honor) at 26.

I also had my tongue pierce for many years. Working up the courage for a couple of more piercings ( @George_of_the_Jungle inspiration).

IDGAF what anyone has to say or thinks about them. Its not anyone's business but mine.

16uieedt12a2.gif

a1p64mcu1cvi.gif
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Are you a fan? Of tattoos? Yes, on others. Of piercings? Not especially.
    Do you have any? No, none of either.
    Are you preparing for any? Half-heartedly.
    Pain tolerance? Generally pretty high.
    Price? n/a
    Colour or black and grey? monochrome
    Favourite style? monochrome
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Price? - Affordable

16uieedt12a2.gif

I haven't quite decided how I feel about this yet.

There's some excitement. Definitely some curiosity. A dash of shame, and…. what's this other one? Is it respect? Envy? Admiration? A meatball sub from lunch?

We'll never know for sure.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    edited January 2020
    saintor1 wrote: »
    So glad I stepped up when my teens wanted a tatoo and forbade them. Ten years later, now in their adulthood, none has one. Good.

This makes me so sad. My dad made me wait until I moved out of his house before I got any, and I did. I started at 24 and haven't stopped. My tattoos mean so much to me, they truly are a part of who I am spiritually and physically. I love the process of deciding and committing to my next piece, I love getting it done, I love seeing it at the end. I love the entire process.

But my dad, who is also my best friend, refuses to share any moment of it with me. He says he likes tattoos, but not on me because it gives people "the wrong impression" and if he took part in it (like joining me while I get one, or getting one together, or even talking about what they mean to me) he would be supporting it and he refuses to do that.

It is just really sad when parents take this stance. To each their own, I just wish people weren't so close-minded about things.

When I got my first one (reminder, age 40) and showed my parents, my mum almost fainted. Like had to go lie down on the sofa, that close to fainting.

Within half an hour she perked up and was asking me if I'd ever get another, what would I get, etc. So I told her an idea I had for a future tattoo, and she promptly started redesigning it. :D

I actually wanted to get her revised version done in her memory when she passed but lack the graphics skills to plan it out.

Eta to add: my dad on my latest tattoo, which is on my wrist --
    Dad: Does that wash off? (I've never worn a temporary tattoo, don't know where he got this idea)
    Me: No
    Dad: So it's permanent then?
    Me: Yes
    Dad: Oh. I see.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Are you a fan? Yep
    Do you have any? yep
    Are you preparing for any? always
    Pain tolerance? pretty high
    Price? good art costs money
    Colour or black and grey? depends on the piece, but I lean toward color
    Favourite style? I like a lot about various styles. I don’t know that I have a favorite
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Are you a fan? oh heck yeah!
    Do you have any? one - rather small and monochrome.
    Are you preparing for any? Yeah, an upper arm sleeve of autumn leaves.
    Pain tolerance? probably higher than it used to be.
    Price? I have an artist lined up who runs his studio out of his house so he charges less because of lower overhead. But he's really good.
    Colour: I like pure blue, pure black, or full color.
    Favourite style? Either realistic or line art, not really into tribal for myself.

If/when I finally succeed in my fitness/weight loss journey, I would like to get a ferocious tiger on my back and shoulder.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member

But my dad, who is also my best friend, refuses to share any moment of it with me. He says he likes tattoos, but not on me because it gives people "the wrong impression" and if he took part in it (like joining me while I get one, or getting one together, or even talking about what they mean to me) he would be supporting it and he refuses to do that.

I like your dad. Smart man. Listen to him.

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    saintor1 wrote: »

I like your dad. Smart man. Listen to him.

I listen to him unless he is partaking in active discrimination and pointless judgement. Anyways, too late!
  • backalley970
    backalley970 Posts: 6 Member
    Don't care for either.
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm smothered covered chunked and diced
  • Flame_Grilled
    Flame_Grilled Posts: 30 Member
    odpz67kqc1c9.jpeg

Are you a fan? Yes
    Do you have any? Yes (Tattoos)
    Are you preparing for any? Yes (military based theme)
    Pain tolerance? Fairly high (the above took 6hrs one sitting)
    Price? £350
    Colour or black and grey? Black and Grey
    Favourite style? Realism