HOW DO YOU NOTE SAUNA TIME

1235»

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk a few "disagrees" to recommend the Sugar Busters eating style. You can get the book used cheap on Amazon. It was written by three doctors. One's an endocrinologist and I forget the other two because I'm at work and the book is at home. This basically involves avoiding sugars, simple carbs and foods that are considerably refined/processed. The basic idea of creating this diet was to help people lose weight and deal with high blood sugar at the same time. You would be eating fruits and vegetables with lots of fiber (no need for them all to be raw or anything like that), lean meats/other proteins, healthy fats in moderation, and whole grains. You would not be eating/drinking anything with added sugars, made with processed white flour, TV dinners, meals from a box, fast food, and stuff like that. Some people might find it too drastic of a change, but if your health or your job (or both) are on the line, then this might be the ticket for you. I do this because I'm diabetic and I don't run around feeling starving or skipping meals or anything like that. It has not made me sluggish and all nutritional requirements are being satisfied.

So, don't eat sugar while in the sauna??

In a really hot sauna the sugar will melt and you'll be covered in syrup and draw ants. So, no, don't eat sugar while in the sauna. :smile:

But if you stay in there long enough you could smell like caramel.
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    I put it under sexual activity ;)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    If you sit in a sauna, eating celery and drinking Cider Vinegar you’ll eventually disappear....right?

Only if you're on Keto.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and risk a few "disagrees" to recommend the Sugar Busters eating style. You can get the book used cheap on Amazon. It was written by three doctors. One's an endocrinologist and I forget the other two because I'm at work and the book is at home. This basically involves avoiding sugars, simple carbs and foods that are considerably refined/processed. The basic idea of creating this diet was to help people lose weight and deal with high blood sugar at the same time. You would be eating fruits and vegetables with lots of fiber (no need for them all to be raw or anything like that), lean meats/other proteins, healthy fats in moderation, and whole grains. You would not be eating/drinking anything with added sugars, made with processed white flour, TV dinners, meals from a box, fast food, and stuff like that. Some people might find it too drastic of a change, but if your health or your job (or both) are on the line, then this might be the ticket for you. I do this because I'm diabetic and I don't run around feeling starving or skipping meals or anything like that. It has not made me sluggish and all nutritional requirements are being satisfied.

In a really hot sauna the sugar will melt and you'll be covered in syrup and draw ants. So, no, don't eat sugar while in the sauna. :smile:

That only happens if you break your metabolism.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    apullum wrote: »

But what if you detox first?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member

The new sugar toxinz buzz will kill you. Instantly. <nods>
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

You also need to make sure you buy the right protein powder for weight loss.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member

Yup, totally important, because that's whole foods clean eating.
  • AnnPT77

Yup, totally important, because that's whole foods clean eating.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited January 2020
    Not so sure that so much whole food clean eating is inspiring enough to double down on, Ann!
  • AnnPT77
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Not so sure that so much whole food clean eating is inspiring enough to double down on, Ann!

Darned network interruptions = double down. More eating, more cleaner, more whole. FTW? ;)
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    kneeki wrote: »
    Nowhere in that article did they cite a source of information or study. If you're really curious about how much you might be burning in a Sauna, the experiment is simple.

Wear a HRM for 30 minutes, sitting, doing nothing. Perhaps lying down? At room temperature.
    Now do the same thing for the Sauna.

Make a note of increased calories burnt by heart rate. I have done this already, and for me, the increase of HR is negligible.
    there is no definite way to measure how many calories are burnt in sauna.
    Is a lie.

edit: your original post I clicked reply to didn't have that first link. Reading it now...

This is countering misinformation with misinformation.
    An increased heart rate isn't an increased calorie burn. That would mean watching scary movies would help with weight loss if you kept the popcorn in check.
    HRM to calories relies on using a relationship that generally holds between heart rate and calorie burn for steady state cardio only.

I can see it now...

In a revolutionary new approach to weight loss we help you develop crippling anxiety and panic attacks to raise your heart rate and trim that waistline!