What are the plans for Super Bowl Sunday?

I am not a football person, more like any reason to have a party person. Does anyone have ideas on what to eat and drink for Sunday? Much appreciated! :smiley:

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Plans: cheer for the 49ers.
    Stick to the plan, raw veggies, fresh fruit, cheese and baked wings. Stay within my calorie budget.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    40 mile bike ride and stick to my nutrition plan.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    It is a beautiful thing. I have not given the Super Bowl a single food thought. My husband and I even discussed where we'd want to watch the game. Food never came up. It is simply a miracle. Ahhh true change.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I'll be at the gym and staying on my plan. It's the perfect time to go!

Such a change from my past when I just wanted to eat all of the food!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    For my household SuperBowl is a splurge day. I generally cook pretty healthy but for the SuperBowl I go all out with the Traditional “Junk Food” (I don’t thing any food is junk for real, but definitely more calorie dense) This year we indulge in Sliders, nacho dip, cheese platter, snickerdoodle cheesecake and peanut butter brownies, not to mention for the adults beer and Moscow Mules. There also will be a veggie platter with all the Ranch Dressing 🤣
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    Watch the 1st half at the gym. Watch the second half at home with my wife with our usual SB treat- shrimp cocktail.

• fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    5 gal bucket vodka martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    edited January 2020
    SuperBowl party with the friends we tailgate with at every home Chiefs game!! There will be card games before the game, weather is supposed to be nice so probably *kitten* as well. And tons of food and beer LOL. I am taking smoked mac & cheese and my hubby is smoking chicken wings. GO CHIEFS!!!

• InspectorRed
    SuperBowl party with the friends we tailgate with at every home Chiefs game!! There will be card games before the game, weather is supposed to be nice so probably *kitten* as well. And tons of food and beer LOL. I am taking smoked mac & cheese and my hubby is smoking chicken wings. GO CHIEFS!!!

Too funny! MFP bleeped "corn hole" on my previous post :D
  • InspectorRed
    z2rnt72n2euv.jpg
    You could say my SuperBowl celebration started last night when hubby brought me home a Mahomes cupcake!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Chillin' with the family. We'll have a veggie tray...my wife is making her dip she makes. We will also have chicken wings and my wife's game day meatballs. Superbowl is pretty much a holiday in our house, so we treat it as such. It's just one day of many days, so we don't get all worked up about it with the oh-noes and whatnot.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Going to my friends house an hours drive away - he's doing a brisket and his wife will have a charcuterie table laid out. He's a hobby brewer and collects crafts so I'm probably going to be drinking a ton of beer... so my plan is to eat, drink and enjoy the company of friends. I took Monday off so I can wait until I'm sober to head back. The hard part is going to be trying to hide the fact that I'm a Chiefs fan when I'm surrounded by die-hard 49'rs faithful. ;)
  • cms3613
    cms3613 Posts: 13 Member
    panda4153 wrote: »
    For my household SuperBowl is a splurge day. I generally cook pretty healthy but for the SuperBowl I go all out with the Traditional “Junk Food” (I don’t thing any food is junk for real, but definitely more calorie dense) This year we indulge in Sliders, nacho dip, cheese platter, snickerdoodle cheesecake and peanut butter brownies, not to mention for the adults beer and Moscow Mules. There also will be a veggie platter with all the Ranch Dressing 🤣

Um - can I come over??? :wink:
  • cms3613
    cms3613 Posts: 13 Member
    I was looking for possible dessert ideas during my lunch hour today and all I found was my sweet tooth :( Good luck guys what ever you all end up doing. :smiley:
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Likely, a chill day. I don't much enjoy the extensive Super Bowl pre-game coverage. I will check in periodically. I am going to record some Rugby Sevens (a game I just discovered and enjoy) matches overnight Sunday that I will watch. Shortly, I am making a hamburger BBQ (96% lean with low sodium & sugar ingredients) to make a sandwich with. No special snacks, just what I have on hand. I am rooting for KC. I was an Andy Reid fan when he was in Philly. It'd be great if finally got his win. I will cheer the Niners though if they win.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Supposed to be an incredible 70 degrees, so will probably try to get out and enjoy "Spring". Then going to a watch party with some good friends. And by "good", I mean the type that acknowledge my new very low sodium diet and will be bringing their own versions of low-sodium goodies to munch on...even though they know I will be actively cheering against the Chiefs. >:)