How do you push yourself to workout?

13»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    How do you push yourself to workout? When you feel down or not motivated.

I don't.

I have to push myself to do all the other things that get in the way of exercise.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Most of the time I can stay in routine and do it, I schedule my workouts for the same time each day. I was depressed in December and stopped going to the gym for a few weeks but still did weights and cardio at home despite not wanting to at all. If I'm really dragging I put in my ear buds and put on a fast workout playlist. On gym days I put my playlist on before leaving the house and don't turn it off for the two hours of the drive, cardio, and weights. At home I only let myself read novels when I'm on my exercise bike, I've spent way more time than planned on it when reading suspense or to finish a book! I discovered part of my problem was doing the same routine for a year so even doing something like putting on disco and dancing was enough to start switching things up, I started trying new things and discovered I love the stair treadmill and can do push ups and like yoga!
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    I have to workout first thing in the morning or I'll never have the energy otherwise. After working out consistently for a couple weeks, it's a habit now and I actually look forward to doing it. I feel good all day long.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    It’s all about your “Why”! Why are you wanting to lose? It motivates me and gives me that drive to go after what I want. I’m here to better myself and to achieve my goals. After awhile it becomes a routine.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    I just get up and do it. Gym clothes are ready the night before, alarm goes off, I go to bathroom and dress and out the door. Grab a coffee on the way and by the time I get to the gym I am awake and ready to go
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    When I first got started exercise hurt and I didn't look forward to it. Getting up first thing in the morning and getting it out the way worked well. Plus the early morning workouts set my day up nicely. It gave me energy and made me want to make healthier choices at meal time.

As I got a little fitter things became easier and it wasn't so bad. I was able to try other workouts and I found things I enjoyed.

Then it became a habit. Now I love and crave my workouts/activity everyday, It didn't happen overnight however.