What We're Eating

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Breakfast-1 egg/2 white Omelet loaded with onion, spinach, mushrooms and some cheese, coffee
    Lunch-Homemade turkey vegetable soup and an open-faced sliced chicken/avocado sandwich, coffee
    Dinner-Probably roasted Brussel sprouts and carrots, plain nonfat yogurt, red grapes
    Snack-Italian bread and peanut butter
    Yep, that all sounds like a plan :)
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast: toast with cheese
    Lunch: taco salad
    Dinner: grilled chicken thigh, broccoli and carrots, brown rice
    Snack: peanut butter crackers
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2020
    Breakfast- mocha latte w/ 4 espressos

Lunch- huge açaí bowl, potato chips/crackers w/hummus

Dinner- buffalo chicken hero, margarita drink

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: toaster waffle w/ lemon curd, fried egg w/ salsa, coffee.

Lunch: split peas with carrots & onions, smoothie made from almond milk, blueberries, vanilla protein powder & banana.

Dinner: homemade thin crust pickle pizza with dill, garlic sauce & provolone. Inspired by an MFP thread! Small side salad.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2020
    Breakfast: egg white muffins x2 (egg whites, bell peppers, onion & turkey sausage)
    Lunch: Sloppy Joe (ground chicken) on a sandwich thin and a small romaine salad with aged balsamic dressing
    Afternoon snack: celery and cauliflower buffalo dip and a half serving of Clancy's poppin' chocolate mix (a sort of Chex Mix with mini chocolates, almonds, pretzels and popcorn-can't wait to try it!)
    Dinner: vegan mushroom risotto burger on a sandwich thin with veggie root fries
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast: Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap from Starbucks

Lunch: My favorite big salad with shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumber, tofu, sauteed peppers & onions, tortilla strips and tofu with carrot ginger dressing

Dinner: Tofu stir fried with whatever veggies I have in my veggie drawer, soy sauce sesame & ginger sauce, brown rice

Snacks: apples & peanut butter, probably something small for late-night snack TBD.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Two Good brand plain greek yogurt for breakfast (that means 2 grams sugar per serving.)
    Stuffed green pepper for lunch, which has lean ground beef, brown rice, and stewed tomatoes inside, with a little cheddar.
    Orange for snack.
    Dinner is whatever kind of protein and pile of vegetables my fridge has to offer. Yesterday it was an omelette with mushrooms and spinach.
  • selizabethwright
    selizabethwright Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2020
    Coffee and creamer x2
    Breakfast: lemon yogurt, one tablespoon of chia seeds and english muffin/butter
    Snack: n/a
    Lunch: two chicken thighs, 1.5 cups of steamed cauliflower, blackberries
    Snack: hot tea, fun size snickers bar
    Dinner: trader joes orange chicken, jasmine rice, sauteed zucchini, sesame seeds, red wine
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    edited January 2020
    Breakfast- almond milk latte

Lunch- smoothie, mini pitas w/hummus, orange

Snack- 4 cream chocolate cookies, coffee

Dinner- 2 english muffins w/ eggs & cheddar cheese
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Breakfast: smoothie
    Lunch: lazy mix of roasted broccoli, potatoes, turnips, and radishes, plus a couple of clementines
    Dinner: lentil stew with cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and a little leftover sausage
    Post-dinner dessert: 1/3 a bar of dark chocolate (that amount is 87 cal, decent protein and fiber, my favorite treat right now)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,379 Member
    Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled on a hot griddle with non stick spay, 5 pieces of bacon, 36oz of coffee with half and half

Dinner: Rotisserie Chicken leg (thigh and drum) with skin, breast without skin

After dinner I had a large mug of honey lemon ginger white tea and a large mug of sleepy time tea.

Meh food day. I usually eat vegetables but I was tired and feeling zero effort.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2020
    Breakfast:

cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Dinner:
    Blackened Tuscan roasted salmon, farro on bed of baby spinach leaves and tuscan roasted veggies and an extra side of asparagus, ice water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    Greek vanilla/honey yogurt, 1 large banana, 2 naval oranges, cup of beauty sleep tea

Your Food Diary For:
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020
    food for the day Calories

blackened Pan Roasted Salmon, 1 Entree~~~~~~~~~~~~~~320 39 0 17 0 970
    Farro - Farro Cooked,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~170 7 32 1 3 100
    Baby Spinach~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~20 2 3 0 2 470
    Roasted Tuscan Vegetables~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~106 2 12 6 3 390
    Oven-roasted Asparagus - Asparagus~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~123 3 5 11 2 246
    Greek God Honey Vanilla Yogurt, 1 cup~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~320 8 30 20 0 220
    Banana - Large Banana~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~121 2 31 0 4 487
    Sunkist - Naval Orange, 2 oranges~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~160 2 42 0 6 500

CALS 1,340~~~PROTEIN 65~~~CARBS 155~~~FATS 55~~~FIBER 20~~~POTASSIUM 3,383
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Breakfast: Protein bar, apple, coffee with nut milk
    Lunch: Hummus with snap peas, baby carrots and bell peppers, walnuts
    Dinner: Edamame spaghetti with avocado-spinach pesto with sauteed yellow squash and zucchini on the side
    Snack: pistachios, tangerine
    Post late night interval run treat: oatmeal cooked in nut milk with half a scoop of protein powder, peanut butter and blackberry jelly mixed in (I save my big carb load for after workouts and before bed...sweet dreams for me!)
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: avocado on toast with "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning, fried egg, coffee

Lunch: brown rice with mushroom gravy and A LOT of mushrooms, asparagus, 1/2 caramel pecan Quest Hero bar and prickly pear tea

Dinner: Chipotle barbacoa bowl with black beans, fajita veggies, corn salsa, pico, lettuce & sour cream.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2020
    Breakfast:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    Peanut butter sandwich, large banana, cosmic apple, cup of green tea to drink

Dinner:
    Trader Joe's meat lasagna w/100% cherry juice to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    cherry/lime jello, 2 naval oranges, 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese, cup of beauty sleep tea

Your Food Diary For:
    Thursday, January 30, 2020
    food for the day Calories

Peanut Butter Sandwich, 1 Sandwich~~~~~~~~~~~~~315 14 34 17 8 214
    Large Banana~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~121 2 31 0 4 487
    Cosmic - Apple~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~72 0 19 0 3 148
    Trader Joe's - Meat Lasagna 1 Cup (8.1oz)~~~~~~~~480 29 40 23 3 180
    Juicy Juice - 100% Cherry Juice, 8 fl oz~~~~~~~~~~~120 0 29 0 0 230
    Lime cherry Jello 1 Cup~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~284 0 34 0 2 340
    Sunkist - Naval Orange, 2 medium~~~~~~~~~~~~~~160 2 42 0 6 500
    Laughing Cow - Cream Cheese 2 wedges~~~~~~~~~~90 4 2 8 0 0

CALS 1,642~~~PROTEIN 51~~~CARBS 231~~~FATS 48~~~FIBER 26~~~POTASSIUM 2,099

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Breakfast: Protein bar, apple, coffee with nut milk
    Lunch: Hummus with snap peas, baby carrots and bell peppers, walnuts
    Dinner: Edamame spaghetti with avocado-spinach pesto with sauteed yellow squash and zucchini on the side
    Snack: pistachios, tangerine
    Post late night interval run treat: oatmeal cooked in nut milk with half a scoop of protein powder, peanut butter and blackberry jelly mixed in (I save my big carb load for after workouts and before bed...sweet dreams for me!)

Absolutely YUMMY meals--I especially like your post late night snack :yum:
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: blueberry Greek yogurt with unsweetened coconut mixed in, coffee

Lunch: "Natalie Portman's Chickpea Stew" (recipe found online that is now in our regular rotation), 1/2 caramel pecan Quest Hero bar, dandelion tea

Dinner: BBQ tofu with seasoned & roasted corn, peppers & potatoes (large serving of all)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast: smoothie

Lunch: homemade chipotle bowl with brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, jalapeno plus 3 clementines

Dinner: leftover lentil stew from the day before (with cauliflower, mushrooms, and a little sausage, among other ingredients) plus some cashews and pumpkin seeds
  • seltzermint555
    edited February 2020
    Breakfast: veggie chorizo, pepper & onion 1-egg omelet & a lot of good coffee

Lunch: lemon chicken at a Chinese restaurant with a couple tablespoons of steamed rice and 1 crab rangoon...oh, and a cup of really great hot & sour soup

Dinner: baked salmon, quinoa, asparagus spears and warm chocolate pudding.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Have not posted much this week. Plan went down the toilet and I ended up eating a lot of eggs and toast because I was too tired when I got home from work.

Breakfast: 2 pieces honey oat toast with strawberry preserves

Lunch: Chicken nuggets with mustard BB sauce and a bad of sea salt popcorners

Dinner: Black bean, corn, and spinach enchiladas

I will most likely have a snack at some point but no idea what yet. I do know I will have an ice cream sandwich today, just not sure when.