Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Another night of no sleep, it may be the first meds I was taking..... will have to see.

Dr visit then have lunch with friend who no longer works for company. Will see about getting her hooked up with my hairdresser and find some pink yarn to knit her a blanket for her new granddaughter.

Dawn - never underestimate stress...... keep fighting the good fight.

I have to get up in 4 hours so I hope to get some sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Hi All~~

Sara - thank you for the wise words last night. They helped me a lot.
    I am so sorry that you are having sleep problems.

Dawn - hang in there. Our bodies don't always cooperate, do they? I hope that things turn around for you.

I'm "taking today off". I'm in bed reading my book.....

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Sara you are very smart!
    Lana - take care of yourself...
    Dawn- I can gain 5 pounds in one week depending on my hormones and salt. And as I get older those 5lbs seem to leave me slower than they find me. Don’t get discouraged and take steps backwards. Keep tracking and cutting down - I believe you will see progress. You got this!
    Was in a training all day today. Did well as I brought fruit for breaks and ate a modest lunch salad. My unplanned was some cheese curds (it is a Wisconsin thing) - but I shared them with my daughter so I did not eat the entire amount, which in the past would’ve happened.
    Have a good rest of the day
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thank you ladies. I just got so discouraged when I stepped on scale...I coulda seen it last week, when it was TOM... but, that's been over almost a week...

Sara- you are right about stress... winter is the worst... less money coming in, more going out...

We just had a blow to finances, that's definitely NOT helping...DH has to see Dr and get meds once a month... up until today, he's been on a grant that covered cost of meds... today, we were informed, the funding has been cut... thankfully, we are able to use GoodRX and get them for a little bit cheaper.. but, it's still $85 we will now have to pay out monthly...$85 that we don't really have... bring on the stress... blah

Hugs and waves to everyone... thank you all for listening and helping me... some days, I feel like I just can't keep going..
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Friday!

And the end of January to boot. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy beginning to February!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Happy February to you as well Tracy. We all need a good February!
    CW 191.4
    HW 207
    GW 189 - that was my GW for 1/31. I will give myself credit as I started January at 197.2.
    Making shorter realistic goals - by 2/14 goal is 187.
    Missing Lana and Sara this am. Hope all is well.
    Will read through my cards today - didn't do that yet. I did have an unplanned cookie today already. dunked in my coffee - pretty darn good. I did stop at 1.
    Have a great Friday - waves to all!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Thank you ladies for starting the day for me. Third day in a row with almost no sleep, the meds I am no longer taking will eventually stop this side effect. SDI called me at 8am (no sleeping in for those of us on FMLA) and dog needed out. Gardeners outside making big scary noises so short walk for dog.

Will go and watch friend get her hair done. She has had chemo and her hair did not grow in evenly, so I connected her to my colorist who also had chemo and her hair grew in unevenly. Will take knitting. My Dr says to take Melatonin so I also need to pick that up. Update - friend's new grandbaby is on its way so no hairdresser apt, but still need to get Melatonin.

Food choices have gotten dull again. Have grocery list to make mushroom/potato/carrot soup and if I get smart I will put chicken in it.

February and all the Valentines stuff in the store. I just roll right by.
  • LanaCabana537

Good afternoon everyone -

I went out walking with the Meetup group, and then they decided to go get coffee afterwards, and I did not do my shrinking violet routine.... I went! It was nice~

I read everybody's posts.....
    Sara - Jeez I hope that you can recover your "balance", get the offending med out of your system, and sleep better soon. Maybe on the weekend it will happen for you because the annoying calls and thoughts will be on hold for two days.
    Add that chicken! Protein is our friend, big time.

Lynn - you did very well, even with having the Wisconsin cheese curds!!!

Tracy - we are indeed 1/3 of the way through winter already. We've all been busy, so hopefully it will fly.

Dawn - You might have said at an earlier time - but what is the $85 med for for your DH? Is there any other option?

Sometimes if one "works with" one's doctor, there can be a creative way of cutting costs. For example, if the med comes in pill form, a greater dose can be prescribed, with the understanding that one cuts the pill in half, and takes only one half per day. Also I have had doctors prescribe something for me where the Rx says take 3 per day (at a certain price per month) but the reality was that the doctor needed me to take only one per day.
    I do not wish to advocate any dishonesty. However, with some medications, it is typical of the drug to be flexible in its dosage, so it is not (arguably) unethical to prescribe more than what is needed.

When my father was living, he was taking a medication on a regular basis, but his blood would be tested monthly? and the recommended dosage would fluctuate. So the doctor prescribed it in such a way that one flat prescription could be cut in half or singled out or doubled-up on, depending on the needs of the moment.

Goodness Dawn, this came out longer that anticipated. Big hugs~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana -Good information about prescriptions we can all benefit from.

I spent the day curled up and watched dvd all day long and slept when needed. I have a blanket to sew in the ends so I can gift it tomorrow.

• arniedog74
    Lana- I have never said what his meds are or what they're for. It's not life or death. But, without it, we would never have got to this point in our relationship. I'm hesitant to say, as I know, a lot of people do not agree with helping certain people. I get it. I really do. But, just like most medications they make them soo incredibly expensive, we had no choice but to ask for help. He was headed down a very dark path. It was the only/ best choice.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Got dog up and out earlier, went back to sleep. A couple errands early today and then soccer/knitting and napping.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Dawn - Yes indeed, the cost of some prescriptions is through the roof. It's a shame.

Sara - I'm with you on the napping today. It is really gloomy here, and I am not at all inspired.

I will jump back into the Beck Book tomorrow, for sure.

Lana

256.8 today--the result of way too much salt and sugar yesterday. Soy sauce is not my friend, and neither is buttercream frosting.
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana I am trying to fool myself by thinking if I drink more water then I can flush this medicine out of my system. How can you bribe yourself to drink more water today?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    17w68ao6irvc.png

htxyc4xyey3h.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    buying what is in season lowers the grocery bill.....so info for me as well.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up to take care of dog. Melatonin is helping to get better sleep and that is a relief.

Looking for a rotisserie chicken to make soup with this morning. Super Bowl gathering and I am taking Bananas/Tangerines and Apples. Oh yeah, one bag of potato chips.

Back for more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara -
    Thank you for the helpful photos. Have fun at your gathering today - I hope that your team wins!

I am grateful for the sun today. It makes such a difference in how I feel. I am sitting in my living room, and the sun is rising, but low, so it is streaming through my window and shining right on me as I type this.

*tossing sunglasses and beach bag onto favorite Cabana Club lounge chair for later*

Lana

255.2 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

🔵 Beck Day 18 - Change Your Definition of Full

Beck says "If you can't easily take a moderate to brisk walk after a meal, it means you've eaten too much and you might have an unrealistic definition of fullness."

Beck says "If you finish what's on your plate and feel disappointed that you can't eat more, remind yourself that you'll be able to eat again soon. You might say, It's okay, I'm going to have a snack in three hours--an apple and a cheese stick...I can wait. Then immediately read your Advantages Response Card to remind yourself why it's work putting up with this momentary disappointment."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lana says-- How each of us works this may be affected by whether we eat alone or with family and whether we are in a planned-food situation or out "on the loose" at a friends home or a restaurant or have simply fallen off program.

If I am sticking to program, there's no way I'm going to ever feel over-full.
    Personally, I often feel emotionally needy and how much I eat has nothing to do with whether or not I feel full. So I guess the first lesson for me of Day 18 is to pay attention to how I feel physically and learn about that.

Let's chew on this topic for at least another day.....😊

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Chiefs WON the Superbowl! Probably, only time I ever watched an entire game...hehe..so awesome! Woo hoo!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, Scale up after Super Bowl party amazing how calories hide in things. It was a great game and I am glad a new team won.

Up for dog, back to sleep for me.

Soup and chicken salad on menu for week. Back to walking in the morning.....

Wave to all who follow.