What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    mtruitt01 wrote: »
    Cold cereal; milk; most food chains; 'Chinese' food; cookies; mayonnaise; the fad of the hour (you hear me, kale?); canned soup (it's so easy to make homemade, and much more delicious); seafood (don't like the taste or smell); huge chunks of meat not sliced or incorporated into something; sauces that are too sweet like BBQ (although the yellow Southern one is great); sweet drinks; the USA way of serving vegetables to kids--just plain on the plate: canned fruit or vegetables with rare exceptions. Food that doesn't smell good; onion; garlic; most of the middle aisles.

I have a picky 2-year old and am very very open to suggestions! What do you think is better/more appealing?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    mtruitt01 wrote: »
    Cold cereal; milk; most food chains; 'Chinese' food; cookies; mayonnaise; the fad of the hour (you hear me, kale?); canned soup (it's so easy to make homemade, and much more delicious); seafood (don't like the taste or smell); huge chunks of meat not sliced or incorporated into something; sauces that are too sweet like BBQ (although the yellow Southern one is great); sweet drinks; the USA way of serving vegetables to kids--just plain on the plate: canned fruit or vegetables with rare exceptions. Food that doesn't smell good; onion; garlic; most of the middle aisles.

I have a picky 2-year old and am very very open to suggestions! What do you think is better/more appealing?

What foods does he/she like??
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    braves3134 wrote: »
    Macaroni salad looks like it should taste good... but never does

You made me think of the Connor's episode the other night, they're watching the Bears-Packers game and the Date says something like, "Chicken Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad...your family has replaced the green in salads with mayonnaise"

One of the few things Packers and Bears fans seem to agree on, along with sausage being a health food.

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Oh, me too. I'm writing this from Chicago. ;-)

Giordano's or Lou Malnati's?

Pequods.
  • pancakerunner
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Braunschweiger is delicious (I love it)! And liver smothered in onions is also delicious!

no!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited January 2020

You made me think of the Connor's episode the other night, they're watching the Bears-Packers game and the Date says something like, "Chicken Salad, Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad...your family has replaced the green in salads with mayonnaise"

One of the few things Packers and Bears fans seem to agree on, along with sausage being a health food.

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Not to jump in between you too....but I have an unpopular opinion among Chicagoans. I think Lou Malnati's is crap. Their crust sucks, and the ratios are just all wrong. Giordano's thin crust is pretty good, but Armand's all day long.

I'm not a Chicagoan. I just visited in October. I am team Giordano's. I was not impressed with Lou Malnati's. I did not know about Armand's.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Pequods.

Gah! Another place I missed!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Avocados are gross
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member

agreed. also how prefer my salads-less green more mayo
  • pancakerunner

Hey, now!

~Bears fan

Pequods.

Gah! Another place I missed!

I love Pequods!
  • pancakerunner
    edited January 2020
    Really, mass produced chocolate (i.e. Hershey's, Reeses, Nestle, etc.) is not good in anyway
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Really, mass produced chocolate (i.e. Hershey's, Reeses, Nestle, etc.) is not good in anyway

@pancakerunner Yes thank you for saying it!
  • pinkgurl456
    pinkgurl456 Posts: 64 Member
    Matcha lattes are overrated . Avocado on its own is icky .
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Ok-

Since it was discussed in the thread. Popular or unpopular I dunno. Chicago “pizza” is not pizza! It’s a deep dish-casseroleish-thick-nonsense abomination.

Or better put- “This [Chicago deep dish] is not pizza, this is tomato soup in a bread bowl. This is an above ground marinara swimming pool for rats.” Jon Stewart, Daily Show

Yours truly from NYC 😬😚 🍕

This is true, but I still love it in all of its ratty glory. I break off crust and dip.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Can’t stand Pepsi OR Coke. The only root beer I tolerate is A&W, and even then I’d probably rather not waste calories on it. Most donuts are pretty meh to me. I usually find most cake disappointing too. I have had really good cake and donuts - they are just rare. Which is how I like my steak. Mushrooms are delicious.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Can’t stand Pepsi OR Coke. The only root beer I tolerate is A&W, and even then I’d probably rather not waste calories on it. Most donuts are pretty meh to me. I usually find most cake disappointing too. I have had really good cake and donuts - they are just rare. Which is how I like my steak. Mushrooms are delicious.

I am a huge donut lover but I am extremely particular about which donut shop and even which donuts...like there are about 4 places I'll go and only 1-2 specific donuts at each place that I will eat. People have bought me donuts before thinking I'm so into donuts I'm gonna love them...I appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but I usually give them away when that happens. I am not so picky about anything else!