January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

1596061626365»

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    5.4 miles tonight puts me at 161.4 running miles for January! Good luck to all of us in February...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,944 Member
    Great job @rheddmobile ! Hope you feel better. I love seeing deer, but they can be intimidating. My mom and I were once snorted and pawed at by a doe with a baby. It was scary. We didn't stick around to see what she was going to do.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    For any that missed it, the FEBRUARY THREAD is here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10782619/february-2020-monthly-running-challenge

Come join us! :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,481 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    If you have time on your hands and don't want travel you end up setting up and running an event like my brother has, which started opposite his house! peatlingchallenge.co.uk/
    guch7drc6z3w.jpg
    59rgshrdg4fo.jpg
    hk2yzgraiocc.jpg
    This looks like a perfect race for @7lenny7! Not sure he would be willing to fly to the UK to run in it though! 😁

@shanaber and @TheMrWobbly that mud looks absolutely lovely!
  • 7lenny7
    shanaber wrote: »
    If you have time on your hands and don't want travel you end up setting up and running an event like my brother has, which started opposite his house! peatlingchallenge.co.uk/
    guch7drc6z3w.jpg
    59rgshrdg4fo.jpg
    hk2yzgraiocc.jpg
    This looks like a perfect race for @7lenny7! Not sure he would be willing to fly to the UK to run in it though! 😁

Where is @7lenny7 ? I haven't seen any posts from him lately. I hope he is okay.

Thanks for the mention, @quilteryoyo . I'm doing fine and will soon be back. Life just gets in the way some times.
  • 7lenny7
    A rather paltry January for me. It was my lowest mileage every for January, finishing at 63 miles. Reason for the lower total include continued recovery from my ultras last fall (at least that's the excuse I came up with), deciding not to run when my college son was home because it took time away from being with him, and a crazy work schedule that finally seems to be easing up.

I did run one race, the Securian Winter Half Marathon in St. Paul, MN. My intent when signing up was to actually train for it and get a PR, but that didn't happen and though I did beat my revised goal (based on my lame training) it was my slowest of the three HMs I've run, but I'm happy with it. My time was about 1:56:27. My PR is nearly 5 minutes faster than that.

February is going much better and I'm up to 112 miles already, including my first 50K of the year. I'll post about that in February's thread.