Yay for Menopause

12346»

Replies

• christineengel1
    christineengel1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've heard that hypnosis can help with hot flashes. Might try that the next time the guy comes to town. Mine come and go, but when they are here they are BAD. Now if I could just figure out something for improving libido ….. suggestions?
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    49 this year. I can not wait.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    46 and in peri menopause for a couple years according to my gyn. I also had an ablation a few years ago so it’s hard to track, any periods are super, super light and last one to two days. No hot flashes, thank goodness. But the moods - oh boy. And when my 14 yr old daughter is having her TOM, we are a disaster. Looking forward to being out the other side.
  • cyncm
    cyncm Posts: 33 Member
    I'm finally fully menopausal after a few years of cycling back and forth... very cool not to have periods but hot flashes are a nuisance. Like others I find whatever gets my blood sugar to rise can trigger them, plus hot drinks, but it's worse in the late afternoon to bedtime. Mostly I just live with it cause rooibos tea and chocolate after dinner is so nice. Sleeping with the heat off no matter the temperature plus window open most of the year helps alot. So would kicking the cats out from under the covers but some things are sacred. I usually remember how much less sweaty life is now compared to when I was lugging around another 80 pounds...
  • cyncm
    cyncm Posts: 33 Member
    PS I am soooooo not comfortable with the risks of HRT. My mom says she used yam cream... anyone tried that?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    cyncm wrote: »
    PS I am soooooo not comfortable with the risks of HRT. My mom says she used yam cream... anyone tried that?

Yes, I did use Emerita Pro-Gest Progesterone Cream to help regulate my cycle, which would decrease my bleeding back then. Then I finally got a GYN who would prescribe Prometrium, a bio-identical progesterone, and switched to that. This was for my fibroids/heavy bleeding, not menopause. I was very comfortable with both products, and with Emerita as a brand.