• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sunday -- did my Zwift FTP* test! Apparently my FTP has increased from 100 to 109. Before you get too excited ... that's pretty poor but better than nothing. :)

Distance: 16.60km
    Elevation: 134m
    Moving Time: 45:14
    Elapsed Time: 45:14

Speed:.......... Avg: 22.0km/h | Max: 63.4km/h
    Heart Rate: .. Avg: 140bpm | Max: 170bpm
    Cadence: ..... Avg: 80 | Max: 119
    Power: ......... Avg: 105W | Max: 217W
    Calories: ...... 271

And then I did a cooldown row ...

Distance: 1,622m
    Time: 10:26
    ...............Avg .......... Max
    Speed: 3:12/500m | 2:36/500m
    Cadence: 28 | 30
    Power: 49W | 72W
    Calories: 80
    Perceived Exertion: Easy

* FTP

What is Functional Threshold Power?
    Functional Threshold Power (FTP) represents your ability to sustain the highest possible power output over 45 to 60 minutes, depending on whether you’re a trained athlete or not. As a result 95% of the 20 minute average power is used to determine FTP.
    https://support.wattbike.com/hc/en-au/articles/115001848349-Functional-Threshold-Power-FTP-Training-Zones

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Stat Update
    08/24/19 SW 195.0
    12/31/19 EW 163.0
    01/31/20 EW 161.2

WL in January = 1.8 pounds

I was very sloppy with my food choices and exercise plan in January. February is a re-start month and I am looking forward to hitting my goal of 40 pounds lost!
    SuziQ - SFL
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Viv - Glad you liked the quote. It spoke to me. I do occasionally google happiness quotes if I'm feeling a bit out of kilter. I always find some that help! If I'm doing something difficult I try to pre-arm myself with a few. Put them in my backpack, as Margaret would say. :D

Kim - That sounds like a great workout! :laugh: Cash and a workout, win win! :D I'm sure they all love you. It did make me laugh to think of Lasagne as an American dish. :p

The chicken curry was fantastic yesterday. We're having it again today and I'm going to make some kind of spicy cabbage stir fry to go with it. Vegtastic!

England playing in the Six Nations rugby match this afternoon. It's against France, in Paris. DH will be watching on TV in his study. I will do some rowing.

In my memoir I'm writing about the first time I had dressed salad in France and it tasted like angel's nectar. A seminal moment in my food journey. :o When I can be bothered to make my dressing for a green salad now, I always am transported back to that evening and wonder why I don't make it more often. :bigsmile: I remember waxing lyrical at the time (I was 12) and my dad saying, "It's the garlic." B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Yesterday was quite a busy one. I attended a flower arranging class, did a little clothes shopping, had a haircut and also hit the grocery store. Also got some laundry done and a nice, long nap. I certainly miss my power naps during the workweek.

Today will be a meal planning day. I do need to return some of the items I purchased yesterday. One shirt was just a little too see-through for me and the rest were too big. I am still getting used to being a smaller me. The return may wait until one day after work. I will see how the day goes.

Amber – Congratulations on the weight loss. WTG.
    Luci – Down to a 10 from an 18. Great work!
    Machka – Yeah the Christmas decorations are down! I almost miss mine – especially the lights. I am thinking of buying seasonal ones for my courtyard. I have a 6-foot high privacy fence and I can place them on the inside. I do have some solar ones, but it’s not the same. Your roses and garden area are beautiful.
    Lisa – Congratulations on the January weight loss.
    Allie – You must be getting very excited for your trip. Cannot wait to hear about it and seeing some pictures.
    Ginny – At first many of our coupled friends stayed in touch after Charlie died. We all slowly drifted and I think the main reason is both sides are reminded of our loss and grief. I know I isolated myself for quite some time because I did not want to keep talking about it and “faking” happiness. I am working upon putting myself out there.
    Heather – I love the happiness quote.
    Karen – Hugs to you. Oh, no dog poop! I cannot imagine (or I can and do not want to).
    Sue – Happy belated birthday to you. I hope your new year is a great one for you.
    RvRita – Wow, what an impressive January you had hitting your goals.
    Lanette – I have read The Stand a few times. It’s one of those once every decade reads for me.
    Terri – Sorry to hear about your SIL and how her controlling ways have effected your family. Yet, I do think DB has some responsibility in not getting in touch with his family. I know men are not wired like we are, but……
    Michele – I still do not know how you bake so much and stay away from it. I simply have not self-control when it comes to homemade baked goods. Yeah! Christmas decorations are put away and you do not have to think about them when you return from your FL trip.
    Annie – So very sorry to hear about the loss of Mickey.
    Kim – Although you will miss most of the game you being a party angle sounds like fun. 101! I cannot imagine. I hope I never get to a point in my life where black pepper is too spicy – LOL.
    Rebecca – Athena continues to bring a smile to my face – she is a cutie. Love the water tracker. It’s a great way to recycle/reuse.
    Viv – Praying for your DSIL.

Welcome all who are new. We are all in different places in our journeys yet have many things in common. Visit frequently and jump in when you are comfortable.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy Groundhog Day and Super Sunday! Guess we'll be routing for the Chiefs since DH is from Kansas. We will snack a bit during the game and I'll drink a beer, but otherwise, calorie counting won't be much different today. I'll still log it and we will have a smaller dinner to make up for game time.

My Favorite part of Superbowl:
    https://nypost.com/video/the-puppy-bowls-irresistible-starting-lineup-is-ready-to-embark/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&amp;utm_medium=site buttons&amp;utm_campaign=site buttons

Viv Prayers for your SIL! Hope the cancer responds well to the pills!

SuzyQ Beautiful flowers!

I like the start of the month...feels like a new opportunity on our journeys to weight loss or management! I am hoping for a more active month this month. I'm still not going to struggle on the numbers, just keep improving my health and keeping downward movement on the scale. Not going to stress out over these last 10 pounds!

Hugs to All! <3 Luci in WNC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Machka- probably the government was vague with them too.

Amber Tx

The government is very clear ... the university isn't happy about it. It means they have to take a good look at how they teach and instead of doing what they've always done, they'll have to make changes. About time, I say!! But it's not easy to get a bunch of instructors out of their ruts.

M in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    today is a me day..
    yes trip is coming up quickly..nervous and excited....I finally gave in and left my patio door open a crack and turned off the heat so Alfie can go run after the squirrels .. The constant barking drives me batty..
    Trudy has a samsonite backpack and has more than enough room to bring stuff home.. she showed me what she packed and I came home took more stuff and repacked it, and still to much..we get to Lima, its going to be 80... then we get up into the high country and it will be around 65 with 80% humidity... yikes very hard to know what to pack in a backpack.. but i will get it done before I go lol..laundry to do today too..
    Superbowl... ugh No...
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    [quote It will be Jake's prep for the colonoscopy day so he won't be having snacks and he probably won't be sitting and watching for long periods.

<3:) Barbie from NW WA[/quote]

LOL

Michele NC

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Dr .Campbell explains Coronovirus Newest Data to how it’s spread updates
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching

Machka- Lol they’ll change but your talking about folks used to getting their own way even with their parents! They’ll snap back to their methods after for sure I bet maybe only a few things will stick after the pandemic is over.

Gained 1.2lbs from the donuts 🍩 y no exercise yesterday. Hubby struggles to loose weight like us Gals think it’s more an age thing.Older we get harder everything is even putting on our shoes 👟 . Especially a wiggly toddlers shoes lol for me.

Amber Tx

https://youtu.be/l-d_fMMZ8Xw
    Live update at the moment on the disease. The young man (with very tiny baby Daughter saw the baby items all pink ) has it on the Chinese Governments National update board it refreshes every 5minutes. He’s streaming that today as long as he can. It’s the numbers for China 🇨🇳 only.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Karen: It is what it is. it’s their loss. He was never that communicative once he left home. We still exchange Christmas cards each year.
    Sue: Hope you had a a great birthday.

☘️ Terri
    #bouncinginandoutifmaintenance
    #ownworstenemy #willineverlearn 😂