Made any good desserts lately?

gallicinvasion
gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
Share your homemade desserts! Link or post recipes if you want. I’ll start!

x3sfdc7npg6p.jpeg

These are Ugly-But-Good cookies, recipe from Smitten Kitchen. It’s basically meringue with toasted hazelnuts, espresso, and bittersweet chocolate chunks folded in.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Meringue made with just about any nut tastes amazing. I like the espresso in this though.
  • gallicinvasion
    acpgee wrote: »
    Winter pavlova. Used pear slices instead of berries because it is winter. Replaced half of the sugar with Splenda in the meringue. Stretched the whipped cream with no fat yoghurt to add tartness that would normally be supplied by summer berries.

Wow this is gorgeous! The arrangement of pears is beautiful.
  • gallicinvasion
    Not pretty to look at but banana, cranberry and chocolate chip muffins. Low sugar

I think they’re super pretty! I love the red pop of the cranberries 😍
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Not pretty to look at but banana, cranberry and chocolate chip muffins. Low sugar

I think they’re super pretty! I love the red pop of the cranberries 😍

These look super yummy
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Haven't dared to make any dessert since Christmas. :/ I choose to live vicariously through all of your lovely creations.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Making apple pie on the smoker in a bit. 😁
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited February 2020
    All 3 look so good! Recipe for muffins, please.
  • gallicinvasion
    lx1x wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds interesting!
  • gallicinvasion
    sarabushby wrote: »
    My cheat dessert for when I want something sweet and warming without too many calories is...
    Microwaved Banana!

Just nuke it in a bowl for 1-1.5mins in its skin. I usually slit it down the middle length ways first and sometimes put 1 broken up square of dark choc down the slit. It melts just like you’d have doing Bananas on a BBQ. I tend to eat with a dollop of 0% fat Greek yoghurt for extra protein and sometimes some berries too and I just eat it by scooping it out of the skin.

Mmm I would add some crushed graham crackers and a few mini marshmallows. Sounds yummy!
  • Sugar-free fudge!

I use this recipe. Not low calorie due to the butter and the evaporated milk, but it's a treat my boyfriend who's had WLS can have, and I can handle it too, despite my fructose intolerance. Also works as a medicinal edible if appropriate butter is used.

thesugarfreediva.com/fabulous-sugar-free-fudge/
  • gallicinvasion
    Sugar-free fudge!

I use this recipe. Not low calorie due to the butter and the evaporated milk, but it's a treat my boyfriend who's had WLS can have, and I can handle it too, despite my fructose intolerance. Also works as a medicinal edible if appropriate butter is used.

thesugarfreediva.com/fabulous-sugar-free-fudge/

Didn’t realize that fudge was so easy! I made fudge the other week (salted caramel) and it was awesome.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    No pictures, sorry.

Cook's Illustrated - Made a chocolate roulade two weeks ago. Chocolate cake, mascarpone cream, and cherry preserves, topped with chocolate buttercream.

Last week was peanut butter chip chocolate cookies. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15469/peanut-butter-chip-chocolate-cookies/
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited February 2020
    lx1x wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds interesting!

It's a wood pellet heated outdoor oven is all..
    lgt0fjg89ra3.jpg

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    I'm finding the Better Homes and Gardens website has some good ones. Like these at 69 calories per (admittedly tiny!) square (20 to an 8x8 pan): https://www.bhg.com/recipe/strawberry-lemon-bars/
  • munkeehaven
    munkeehaven Posts: 10 Member
    Baked donuts made with flour, egg, coconut oil and banana. Topped with a Greek yoghurt chocolate frosting. No refined sugar! Gives me a nice carb fix in the evening with a cup of tea.
    ol0bmhmrxfb0.jpg

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Baked donuts made with flour, egg, coconut oil and banana. Topped with a Greek yoghurt chocolate frosting. No refined sugar! Gives me a nice carb fix in the evening with a cup of tea.
    ol0bmhmrxfb0.jpg

Oooh do you have a recipe for those that you wouldn't mind sharing? I am a donut freak and it's been awhile since I've had one. Those look yummy!!
  • munkeehaven
    munkeehaven Posts: 10 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ol0bmhmrxfb0.jpg

Oooh do you have a recipe for those that you wouldn't mind sharing? I am a donut freak and it's been awhile since I've had one. Those look yummy!!

Same for me! Doughnuts are one of my top can't-live-without-them treats.

Here are two recipes I have used:

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2017/10/29/healthy-banana-donuts-with-chocolate-glaze/

https://thebigmansworld.com/vegan-gluten-free-baked-donuts/

Also going to try make these, as I have made cookies from chickpeas and they were delicious:
    https://skinnyfitalicious.com/blueberry-chickpea-donuts/