Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Yoga / therapy exercises.
    2. Grocery shopping. Pick up medicine at CVS.
    3. Write and publish a blog post.
    4. Long run.
    5. Grade Laws essays (20).

JFT Sunday
    1. Yoga / therapy exercises.
    2. Shorter run.
    3. Write and publish a blog post.
    4. Pack lunch for Monday.
    5. Turn in Educated. Grade Laws essays (ALL).

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 194.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. I managed my long run today, but it wiped me out so bad. And I've done NO grading. *sigh*
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    When it’s dinner time and you realize you’ve only had one of your vegetable servings for the day 😬 Hidden Valley Ranch to the rescue!1g5brmecphn1.jpeg
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Hello team,

I forgot to post here last night, or rather I fell asleep watching TV very early and just ended up going to bed. I am sure my body needed it after last week. I took today as a loaf day. It's the first day I've had in two weeks where I wasn't 1. bedridden with the flu or 2. frantically trying to stay afloat at work. Is my house a disaster, yes. Is there a mountain of paperwork I could catch up on, yes. But I feel good about taking today to lay low and give myself time to recoop. I have one week left to my DietBet and I am at my goal weight for it. So now I just have to maintain. My goal will be to stick to my meal plan for the week, and then have a cheat day at the end. I am not sure where I will go from there, I am halfway to my total goal weight, with 25 lbs to go. However, my biggest goal is to develop healthy habits for life, and I have yet to find a balance between strict rules I can follow short term, and really unhealthy habits. Ugh, why is the balance so tough! Is everyone feeling better? Sounds like people were down with illness/food poisoning a lot this week! Hope you are all on the mend!

@clicketykeys that half marathon sounds amazing! I am so excited for you!
    @ajb1014 How scary! I'm glad your stepdad is ok!
    @mytime6630 I can't imagine hearing that news. You and your family are in my thoughts. I'm glad to hear they have a plan of attack, and hopefully you'll have more information soon about what to expect. Stay strong and keep the faith. *hugs* to you

Just for Today-Sunday
    Finish all January notes
    do dishes
    go grocery shopping
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals
    80 oz water
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Try exercising for 15 minutes
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Saturday
    Daily habit goals: track, 😁exercise, 😁journal😁

1. Write 2 Reviews to 95% complete👿—didn’t even crack open the laptop
    2. Run app, 2 yoga reps😁
    3. Get dad card😁
    4. Track all😁
    5. Groceries🤨
    6. Dinner with fam to celebrate dad😁
    7. Upstairs by 10, 👿journal😁

A good day, got my first post-illness exercise and felt good. Dad and family were doing well and I kept in calories by ordering a plain spinach salad with blackened salmon (while all else had pasta dishes). Good salmon, and I don’t even like fish!

Sunday
    Daily habit goals: track, exercise, journal

1. Long walk
    2. Try a protein mix baking recipe (cheesecake?)
    3. Write 1 review to 95% complete
    4. Track all
    5. Quality time with DH
    6. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:45
  • Kuhl50
    @mytime6630 I’m so sorry to hear the news and wishing the best for your husband. Hang in there!
  • Kuhl50
    @jeschepp congrats on being at your goal weight for your DietBet. What’s a DietBet? 😁
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday February 2

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

I know I’m going to struggle to meet most of my goals. I’m out riding for much of today. Lunch will be whatever snacks are offered provided the horse stands still enough for me to eat and I won’t be drinking much because of the inevitable consequences! My father is cooking a Sunday roast and I’m likely to be ravenous by then. I’m having porridge for breakfast to sustain me.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    @mytime6630 I'm so sorry to hear your news. I was really hoping it would be more positive. Here's hoping that the Feb 13 news is more positive. I'll be thinking of you both and absolutely will say some prayers for you. Xxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @mytime6630 So sorry, Joan. (((Hugs))) 🙏🏻 for you and your family. Even with this result there is much that can be done.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2

February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
    JFT Sat 1 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    😏 Late night snacking always has consequences. Did okay on other goals.
    Activities:
    • Local shopping✅
    • de clutter dining room ✅
    • Prep for Creative Writing (10.30am Monday) ✅
    • Prep for Monday Painters (2pm Monday)-->
    • Organise for Patchwork Group (Tue am)-->
    JFT Sun 2 Feb
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • Write story for tomorrow
    • Prep for Monday Painters
    • Organise own project for Patchwork Group on Tues
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
      @mytime6630 so sorry prayers headed your way from NC.

• beachwalker99
      beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
      Good morning all! It felt great to be out on the trails yesterday after a week in the gym. Lots to do today, but I'm going to try to get out there again for a bit.

Goals for Saturday, February 1, 2020
      • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
      • Walk outdoors - √
      • Clean kitchen – 25% - At least it’s a start!
      • Catch up with grading – X – I will pay for my procrastination today :/
      • Journal - √ - minimal

JFT Goals for Sunday, February 2, 2020
      • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
      • Walk outdoors 30+ minutes
      • Lunch with daughter’s family
      • Catch up with grading
      • Prep for Monday class
      • Laundry/organize clothes for the week
      • Journal
    • Kuhl50
      @HEGoddard0928 Wow I feel for you! I would be super pissed if my DH pulled a stunt like that, and messed up my own plans to boot. Thoughts and good wishes heading your way, hoping he heals fast and makes it up to you!