No more late night snacking in 2020! - February 2020

dewit
dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
... unless you've planned it :wink: (what I am trying to say is that I'm not willing to start a debate)

Since the year has just started (what? wait, February? :wink:) and this challenge was so successfull in January (both by the number of posts and the number of members succeeding at it), we could try make this resolution a habbit, what do you think? Even if you're just starting! :smiley:

If you haven't seen this challenge before, let me brief you about it:

We started this thinking: "Looks like I'm self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner" or "Mhmm... I'm kinda doubling my in-calories at night".

What you have to do to change the way you feel about your eating at night:

- decide what late night snacking means to you (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)

- report in the thread. We post by the formula:
Me: X vs. LNS: Y,
where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number. Feel free to also post streaks of how many days (in a row) you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Have I touched a cord? Then: You are welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    I'm in again! Thanks!
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,063 Member
    I’m in again, thanks @dewit for getting us organized and ready to !
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Let's do this!

My rules: LNS is when I go to bed, wake up, eat, then go back to bed. I found last year up to 30% of my daily caloric intake was from that and it was ALWAYS junk.
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    I am ready to really work hard this month to cut eating late at night! I struggled last month but it only makes me work even harder. Good luck everyone! 😊
  • This sounds like a good idea. And yes ma'am, you did strike a nerve.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I'm in!!!
  • peacerunner18
    peacerunner18 Posts: 8 Member
    I am in! :-)
  • chialn2616
    chialn2616 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m in!
  • deanhand1963
    deanhand1963 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0

Yesterday we unexpectedly said goodbye to our senior dog. My husband, younger dog and I are still grieving. I will try to stick with this challenge on these early days of mourning even if I am not tracking. I know each day will get easier but it is really hard right now.
  • erjones11
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 9
    Longest Streak: 13

Really tried to have a snack, woke up at 1:00 AM and went for the chocolate, passed and went back to bed.

Here w go!
  • Mariang165
    edited February 2020
    caloricus wrote: »
    Me 1
    LNS 0

Yesterday we unexpectedly said goodbye to our senior dog. My husband, younger dog and I are still grieving. I will try to stick with this challenge on these early days of mourning even if I am not tracking. I know each day will get easier but it is really hard right now.

I am so sorry, he was a loved and valued member of your family, I hope soon you will be able to focus more on the joy he gave you and smile when you think of him, take care. 🤗
  • Mariang165
    Me: 1*
    Streak: 6 [ 1 + 5 Jan)

Another month, another opportunity to improve , good luck all!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Off to a goodd start, aren't we?

Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,101 Member
    Me 1
    Lns0
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0

Starting good so far. 😊
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,920 Member
    Me: 1

Streak +3
  • lelapink
    lelapink Posts: 2 Member
    Me: 2

Streak +2
  • jnikky
    jnikky Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2020
    LNS — aka, self-sabotage! — is a huge challenge for me, so I’m in. Thanks in advance for helping hold me accountable, as I need the help; so far this month:

Me: 0
    LNS: 2

@manny680 wanna join? 🙂
  • erjones11
    Me: 2
    Streak: 10
    Longest Streak: 13

Ten days in a row!!!