February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    I won't be of any help in the car talk. DH works for a Chevy dealer. I have a silverado so we can get to places you can't in a car. DH has a trax because his cruze was totaled recently and the trax was the best deal at the time.

Although I would have gotten a used Jeep had a better deal/color come along when my last lease was up. I was not going to drive a BRIGHT *kitten* yellow and black jeep. LOL

I'm not gonna lie - I'd be more interested in the Jeep if I found a bright yellow one.
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I can highly recommend a hyundai. I have an I30 and its definitely peppy. We have a Mazda axela (Mazda 3) and the hyundai is way better at up and go than the Mazda.

Though no idea about braks though, it brakes really well...

My husband had a Hyundai back when, too. He also said they put out a good product.
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @Camaramandy648 I'm excited and anxious and ready! I second Avidkeo on Hyundai. I had an Accent, drove it back and forth to work every day for nine years and never put one penny into it above routine maintenance. Not a cent, and it a reliable car. Someone smashed into me and totalled it but if it hadn't happened, I'd still be driving it! Good car!

The Accent is exactly the Hyundai I'm eyeing. I'm hoping to go look at a grey 2009 model, tomorrow.

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    @autumnblade75 - I love Honda's so my vote is for the Fit. My friend has a Fit with over 250,000 miles on it that's still going strong. My Civic had over 160,000 on it when I sold it to a friend 4 years ago and it's still running fantastic. My Accord has 120,000 miles on it now and I am planning to drive it until it dies. I have never done anything beyond basic maintenance.
    Good luck with the car shopping, it's my least favorite thing to do too.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Happy Birthday @marisap2010! And congrats on enjoying your 21 mile run. I can safely say that I have never uttered those words after a 20+ miler.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    edited February 2020
    @PastorVincent I wouldn't say you were a bad client. You got everything done, just on different days. I rarely get to do what my plan calls for on the correct days. But I try to sort of follow it. Of course, I'm not trying to qualify for Boston either.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Happy birthday, @marisap2010!!!
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    @shanaber 39k/wk. I am here because I want to lose weight, but having a scale no. as a goal is no good for me. So my first goal was to run 5k without stopping.

2nd goal once I'd done 5k was to go 10k, then 16k. So I got to 39k, because I dont want to run more than 4 times a week but I want to do a 5k a 10k a 16k and one other. 8k seemed a good compromise. So thats how I decided to go for 39k a week.

Anyway things were better today. So maybe its a blip, I usually have one after I hit a goal.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @marisap2010! And congrats on enjoying your 21 mile run. I can safely say that I have never uttered those words after a 20+ miler.

I'm going to agree with all this. The birthday wishes and the thoughts about 20+ mile runs.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    adawn09 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just signed up for a half marathon at the beginning of May so this is perfect timing to find this challenge group! I’ve been feeling like I need a little extra accountability to stick with my weekly workouts that my Garmin has been setting for me. I’m going to aim for 75 miles for February! Good luck meeting your goals, everybody!

Welcome!