New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• jgronski12
    jgronski12 Posts: 5 Member
    Dark chocolate mint Kit Kats lol. And those dark chocolate raspberry Hostess cupcakes for Valentine's Day. I swear I'm constantly spotting new variations of snacks that look amazing when I'm trying so hard not to eat them this month. :(
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    jgronski12 wrote: »
    Dark chocolate mint Kit Kats lol. And those dark chocolate raspberry Hostess cupcakes for Valentine's Day. I swear I'm constantly spotting new variations of snacks that look amazing when I'm trying so hard not to eat them this month. :(

The raspberry cupcakes are bomb.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    jgronski12 wrote: »

The raspberry cupcakes are bomb.

Yep, so good! Glad they don’t have them all the time.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    5nga2kdkleis.jpg
    oz09l35toe7b.jpg
    6o5v05wfqsz1.jpg
    beq2kg7sk5lv.jpg

Since HT got bought by Wells (which also owns Chilly Cow) I'm guessing these are EXACTLY the same as Chilly Cows bars - see below... same calorie count and everything

zgz2uy6ra6ti.png
    ctky6b7j61ap.png

WHAT.

I LOVE Chilly Cow and I can’t get it where I live. If this means I can now get my beloved brown butter salted caramel bars, you have just made my day.

Winco has brown butter caramel, it's my first choice of brand and flavor. They have mint chip too but only those two flavors, then Halo Top pints. I've had bad luck with Halo Top, I'll let you all try first!

Yeah, but I we have no Winco down here...I only get the brown butter caramel bars if we happen to be in a place where they are :(. I love Winco and I wish we had it.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    0rlyrrcbdjc7.jpg
    A couple of new So Delicious oatmilk ice cream flavors - chocolate hazelnut brownie and chocolate salted caramel. I tried both of them and they're pretty good. I like the brownie pieces and the hazelnut flavor in the chocolate hazelnut brownie flavor, and the salted caramel is pretty tasty.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    zn8deu2dw2nv.jpg
    2ackjsjs4x4c.jpg

Would 100% eat both together haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    New b and j has sunflower seed butter. y3pt5liimrkn.png
    These might be better than other ones I wasn’t crazy about the other vegan flavors
  • pancakerunner
    Filed under "not new but new to me," I thought that our most recent chocolate taste test may be of interest to folks here.

cqmpc9w5nbzq.png

To make this short...I thought this bar was bad. It tastes like "diet" chocolate, which is what it is: it's a chocolate bar with various zero calorie sweeteners instead of sugar. The texture is all wrong, and the flavor is inconsistent at best. It certainly does not hold a candle to the many, many delicious bars that sell for a similar price. If you're concerned about fitting chocolate into your calorie goals, my advice would be to have a smaller piece of higher quality chocolate rather than eating this.

What are your thoughts on Lily's chocolate and other "low suagr" chocolate products? @apullum genuinely curious because you are the resident chocolate aficionado ! :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Filed under "not new but new to me," I thought that our most recent chocolate taste test may be of interest to folks here.

cqmpc9w5nbzq.png

To make this short...I thought this bar was bad. It tastes like "diet" chocolate, which is what it is: it's a chocolate bar with various zero calorie sweeteners instead of sugar. The texture is all wrong, and the flavor is inconsistent at best. It certainly does not hold a candle to the many, many delicious bars that sell for a similar price. If you're concerned about fitting chocolate into your calorie goals, my advice would be to have a smaller piece of higher quality chocolate rather than eating this.

What are your thoughts on Lily's chocolate and other "low suagr" chocolate products? @apullum genuinely curious because you are the resident chocolate aficionado ! :)

I haven’t tried Lily’s because I don’t usually like stevia, so I’m very hesitant on that brand specifically. But I do like Jojo’s!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Interesting but they sound gross highmrz870u5.jpeg
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

I'm in agreement there. Anyone ever try popcorn flavored jelly beans? One of the most disgusting "normal" jelly beans I've ever had.
  • pancakerunner

Hard pass... if it was Kettle Corn flavored then I'd be down
  • pancakerunner
    kali31337 wrote: »

I'm in agreement there. Anyone ever try popcorn flavored jelly beans? One of the most disgusting "normal" jelly beans I've ever had.

the popcorn flavored jelly beans are my FAVORITE...that means I might need to try this pop tart!

the popcorn flavored jelly beans are my FAVORITE...that means I might need to try this pop tart!

I do like the popcorn jelly beans...
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

It sounds like I have another entry for the unpopular opinions about food thread lol.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member

It sounds like I have another entry for the unpopular opinions about food thread lol.

I hate them too 🤢
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Why is there no lemon cream pie poptart?! Or key lime?!

Ooo, now THAT would be amazing! Tart lemon filling with maybe a meringue flavored frosting?! But, yeah, that popcorn one sounds gross, tbh. And I love me some popcorn.