WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Rebecca ~ Your rose and your Athena are beautiful.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    https://voice.baidu.com/act/newpneumonia/newpneumonia/?from=osari_aladin_top1

The young man gave us the link to the Chinese site that updates their cases of Coronovirus.

Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,793 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    M in OZ: Chinese travelers will be having a hard time in many places. Nobody wants the disease to spread throughout their own populations. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I'm not concerned about who can travel where ... I'm concerned about my degree.

With only half the student body turning up to the courses, will they run the courses?
    Are they going to offer online options to the students who can't come in person, who are stuck in China?
    Are they going to offer online options to all the students?
    And in general, nevermind the coronavirus, what are they going to do about people getting sick for long periods of time each winter when we attend the university? This virus has just brought to light how unhealthy the university buildings are.

These are the things the university is being vague about ...

Machka in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Lisa - That was some honest guy! :o

Hair trim tomorrow. It needs it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Rode the recumbent bike today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the extremepump class.

Then bowling, then pack the car. Yea!!! Probably won’t exercise Tuesday since I’m hoping we get an early start

Rebecca – awwww Athenia

Kim – how wonderful your nephew came to see you

Viv – how terrible for your sister-in-law. I do hope she has a long time with you

SuziQ – I admit, I don’t always stay away from the baked goods. Raw cookie/brownie/cake dough is one of my downfalls. But once I’ve had my fill, I’m fine.

Got my dinner ready to be microwaved. I think I’m doing a pretty good job of either freezing what I can or finishing up things. Like tonight I’m going to finish up the tomatoes so I’m having them with dinner

Karen – happy Birthday

Shelley – welcome back

Katla – how I envy you being able to take the yoga! Wish there was a class around here that worked into my schedule. There is a nice one on Mondays, only that’s bowling and there’s no way I can do both

Lanette – we may not dance at barbie’s class, but we would exercise our jaws…..lol Hey, exercise is exercise!

Cathy TX – you’re awesome!

Lisa AR – so sorry about the “bump” but how heartwarming that the guy came and found you. What a guy!

Michele NC
    who just now thought to hard boil some eggs to take. They peel so much better when you cook them in the IP.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Machka- some are going to online but not all email your teachers to ask.

Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Karen VA- I am sorry you have had to go through the things that you have gone through in terms of bffs, family, church, etc., distancing themselves because of their feelings about you/your life choices. I have confessed in earlier posts, that I did the same when I was much younger (and still under the belief that my parents instilled in regards to homosexuality and alternative lifestyles). I am so glad I grew older, learned more, met and became friends with people from all walks of life. My thoughts on this have done a complete 180*. I have attempted to contact my friend, and have sent apologies, but have never heard back from her. I don't blame her for not wanting contact. It was a horrible thing I did to my best friend. BUT, I do take solace in the fact that she knows that I regret it and have changed. OH well, sorry so long and rambling. Sending big hugs to you and your partner. <3

love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

If I got a letter of reconciliation from Jeanette, first I would have to pick myself up from the floor. Then I would have to force myself to wait a few days before responding just to keep from appearing overly eager when I said "yes I believe I would like to renew our friendship & let bygones be bygones". I mean, people make mistakes, sometimes terrible mistakes, but Forgiveness Lifts Us Up. Coincidentally, Jeanette runs a home daycare similar to yours, and like you, she is The Bomb at taking care of children. I don't actually remember your story from earlier posts about the falling out between the young Kelly and her best friend. I may have missed those posts.

>>>

Barbara AHMOD I literally cannot do taxes when my partner is awake and in the house. I have to wait until she is sound asleep to do them. I totally understand. Feel sorry for you & Joe both. (((Hugs)))

Cathy, TX Wowza!

Barbie Wouldn't it be fun if all of us could come to one of your line dance classes? That would be epic.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    edited February 2020
    Machka- some are going to online but not all email your teachers to ask.

Amber Tx

I've been in contact with the unit coordinator several times and have exchange an email with the vice chancellor, and so far they haven't decided 100% on anything. They've been meeting every day to discuss it and have told me they will likely have to go to online courses, but they really don't want to do that if they can help it because it will mean that the instructors will have to rethink their courses.

Instead of doing the same old thing they've been doing forever and giving the same old lectures that have been around for 20+ years, they'll actually have to put in some work.

I think they're hoping this will all blow over before the Feb 24 Semester 1 start date and they'll be able to continue as normal.

But as for emailing the instructors, it's entirely possible they may not have settled on the instructors, lecturers, and tutors for my courses yet. It's still 3 weeks away! They don't send out course information until sometime during the week we start. Other departments send out information in advance, but not mine. :neutral:

If I am going to have in-person lectures, I don't know what day they are yet. I do know they'll be one of two days ... that was a pleasant surprise! They've made some updates to the system and were actually able to narrow it down this far out!! Usually we find out a day or two before the lecture in an email. "Oh, incidentally, you'll all have your first lecture at 9 am tomorrow ... tell your friends in case they don't have access to the email system yet."

If I am going to have in-person workshops, I've selected my top 5 time periods in order of when I would like them, but they probably won't decide that until the first week of the course.

But it's possible I might not have any in-person lectures or workshops which would be great! But we won't likely find out for sure for a while yet.

Update: We (students) have just received another email telling us that they understand the concerns and we will be supported ... whatever that means. Then the email goes on to ask us to send our list of courses to the Department Head!!

Other universities I've attended know who is enrolled in the classes .... :neutral:

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    Tttttt
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Kylia: Happy birthday! 🎈🎁👓 How fun that you got to see a cool car-oriented movie in the theatre with your DH. ☺

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kylia t3324.gif
  • Machka9
    kymarai wrote: »
    Hi! February 2nd equals birthday weekend 3rd is actual birthday. I went MIA on Friday evening because my husband surprised me with my brother and sister in law coming into town for weekend!!! BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT!! We went to dinner and i had a monster patron margarita. Apparently i am a happy drunk. I dont drink often. This was a fish bowl! I honestly remember my husband telling me to eat, that is the end of my memory of the night. The next thing i knew it was Saturday morning. Oops! I was a little slow getting motivated Saturday. We went and saw Ford vs Ferrari. It was the first time my husband and I have ever gone to the movie theater! It was a great movie. Afterwards we met up with both my girls and grands for dinner. What a great time! I only had one glass of wine. Youngest daughter came back to our house to hang and chat. Brother and sister in law leaving shortly to head home. We are going to visit a few with grands from Kentucky. This evening heading to a super bowl party. Won't be staying long there, maybe half time. What fabulous weekend!

I am catching up slowly. Just finished reading January!

Sue- Happy belated birthday!
    Karen-((HUGS))

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where the sun is shining right now!

Happy Birthday and I'm glad you had a good time! :)