What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Can’t stand Pepsi OR Coke. The only root beer I tolerate is A&W, and even then I’d probably rather not waste calories on it. Most donuts are pretty meh to me. I usually find most cake disappointing too. I have had really good cake and donuts - they are just rare. Which is how I like my steak. Mushrooms are delicious.

I feel the same about doughnuts especially and cinnamon rolls aside of icing. A Christmas party I went to recently had the best doughnuts and cinnamon rolls I've ever had. Feel the same about average cake, just had Baskin Robbins ice cream cake and just ate the ice cream.

Feel like others about average chocolate, when I'm tempted in checkout lines I promise myself quality chocolate if the cravings continue. I've turned into a food snob counting calories, so many things aren't worth the calories.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I hate brussels sprouts and consider them nothing but fart bombs.
  • PinkShamrocks
    PinkShamrocks Posts: 6 Member
    I hate peanut butter! The smell, the taste, so gross! Go ahead, I know this will send some of you into hysteria :D
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Coffee is gross. Even sweetened coffee is gross. I'd rather it be chocolate-flavored.

I like nothing about beer. We have a little craft beer/brewery boom in my town and it has done nothing to change my opinion.

I also hate pecans. Butter pecan ice cream is the only flavor I'll pass on.

Butterscotch is gross.

White pizza is better than pizza with tomato sauce.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I hate bone in chicken wings. Too much bone in the way, not enough chicken. I LOVE chicken fingers, fried chicken, chicken nuggets, and boneless wings, chicken poppers, and bites. I never got the appeal of bone in chicken wings or bone in any chicken for that matter. The bone grosses me out and gets in the way. I like to just bite into my chicken instead of having to pick through it and see veins and bones. Never understood the popularity.

TOTALLY agree! Why are there entire restaurant chains devoted to chicken wings? I don't understand the appeal. They are okay, and if that was all there was to eat, I'd deal with it. I also hate buffalo sauce, so if I'm forced to eat wings, they better have a different sauce on them.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Coffee is gross. Even sweetened coffee is gross. I'd rather it be chocolate-flavored.

I like nothing about beer. We have a little craft beer/brewery boom in my town and it has done nothing to change my opinion.

I also hate pecans. Butter pecan ice cream is the only flavor I'll pass on.

Butterscotch is gross.

White pizza is better than pizza with tomato sauce.

@Noreenmarie1234 did you hear this?? butterscotch is gross? omg
  • pancakerunner
    Hot take: Oreos are only good when they are crushed and mixed into things... whole Oreos are dry, overly sweet and tasteless
  • pancakerunner
    Smoothie bowls are not satisfying.
  • pancakerunner
    edited February 2020
    I hate bone in chicken wings. Too much bone in the way, not enough chicken. I LOVE chicken fingers, fried chicken, chicken nuggets, and boneless wings, chicken poppers, and bites. I never got the appeal of bone in chicken wings or bone in any chicken for that matter. The bone grosses me out and gets in the way. I like to just bite into my chicken instead of having to pick through it and see veins and bones. Never understood the popularity.

exactly why Dino nuggets are the superior chicken app
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Salmon is disgusting and absolutely has a fishy smell/ taste.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

EXACTLY! 😅

I saw the butterscotch opinion and gasped LOL. Sorry my friend I also had to dislike your butterscotch opinion. I feel too strongly about butterscotch not too!
  • pancakerunner
    Fat free and low fat dairy products should not be a thing
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

TOTALLY agree! Why are there entire restaurant chains devoted to chicken wings? I don't understand the appeal. They are okay, and if that was all there was to eat, I'd deal with it. I also hate buffalo sauce, so if I'm forced to eat wings, they better have a different sauce on them.
    Yes! The Super Bowl reminds me of the wing obsession. Even as a kid I hated when people would order wings with pizza because I’d just get one bite of chicken and kick the sauce off. I prefer the texture of chicken in nuggets and boneless wings way more too.
  • pancakerunner

Yes! The Super Bowl reminds me of the wing obsession. Even as a kid I hated when people would order wings with pizza because I’d just get one bite of chicken and kick the sauce off. I prefer the texture of chicken in nuggets and boneless wings way more too.

Chicken wings, no. Chicken DRUMMIES, yes.
  • RelCanonical

EXACTLY! 😅

I saw the butterscotch opinion and gasped LOL. Sorry my friend I also had to dislike your butterscotch opinion. I feel too strongly about butterscotch not too!

Teehee, hence, why it is an unpopular opinion.

Apparently I also need to add popcorn flavored jelly beans to the list. I used to hate pear flavored ones as well, but that was because I didn’t know they were pear flavored. Once I identified the flavor, I liked them.
  • pancakerunner

EXACTLY! 😅

Teehee, hence, why it is an unpopular opinion.

Apparently I also need to add popcorn flavored jelly beans to the list. I used to hate pear flavored ones as well, but that was because I didn’t know they were pear flavored. Once I identified the flavor, I liked them.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758845/pick-a-flavor-any-flavor-but-you-can-only-choose-one/p1
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    there aren't that many things that taste better with bacon. Asparagus. Quiche. Couple more...but that's it...
  • RelCanonical
    I also don't like custard filled or jelly filled doughnuts. With the jelly, it's more that they usually put too much in, but I don't like the custard ones at all. White cream all the way.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I also don't like custard filled or jelly filled doughnuts. With the jelly, it's more that they usually put too much in, but I don't like the custard ones at all. White cream all the way.

Agreed!! When I get creme filled, the person in front of me is almost always getting custard filled. No!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 975 Member

there aren't that many things that taste better with bacon. Asparagus. Quiche. Couple more...but that's it...

Not quite sure how to do quotes..,

I cannot wrap my head around your thoughts on bacon, even though I only infrequently have it. Just finished our homemade shrimp and grits (with bacon) for our Super Bowl meal. Super Yum!