Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Vegans, what did you eat today?

1235»

Replies

• lalalacroixlalalacroix Member Posts: 872 Member Member Posts: 872 Member
    I'm vegan and currently doing the Happy Shape course which is a calorie controlled eating plan with lots of recipes from The Happy Pear (who are twin brother chefs from Ireland - you can check their YouTube channel).
    I'm less than 2 weeks in and have already lost 3kg (6.6lbs).
    They do have some very tasty recipes including soups, curries, lasagne with more recipes released as you continue the course.

I love getting meal ideas from The Happy Pear. (plus they aren't harsh on the eyes)
  • _Blumenkraft__Blumenkraft_ Member Posts: 29 Member Member Posts: 29 Member
    ^^ The Happy Pear are great!

Today I've had homemade hummus on toast for breakfast (not what I usually have but the cupboards were almost bare!)
    Lunch was a slice of harrissa roasted cauliflower tart with green salad, capers and chia seeds.
  • lalalacroixlalalacroix Member Posts: 872 Member Member Posts: 872 Member
    Only a banana so far.

But I'm gonna make a panini with hummus (or chickpea mash), mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and whatever else sounds good.
  • Hey_SkippyHey_Skippy Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    My go to salad has been shredded Brussels sprouts with green apple, brown rice or quinoa, and a super simple Dijon apple cider vinaigrette.

I love a good hearty soup in the winter. I throw in a ton of root vegetables (the humble turnip is my favorite) and otherwise whatever I have hanging around.

I’ll eat seafood or fish, and the rest of my family likes their meaty proteins, so I just cook those separately and add them to their portions at the end!
  • SaibasuSaibasu Member Posts: 114 Member Member Posts: 114 Member
    Today I had fruit for breakfast. A veggie sub topped with sweet onion dressing for lunch, two rice cakes topped with almond butter for a snack, homemade vegetable soup with chickpeas for supper,and an apple early evening. Add in some tea in there too lol.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,192 Member Member Posts: 9,192 Member
    Not vegan but vegetarian last night, pierogi.
  • happysquidmuffinhappysquidmuffin Member Posts: 480 Member Member Posts: 480 Member
    Not strictly vegan.
    The bulk of my dinner last night was a toasted naan round, topped with roasted pine nut hummus, a thin slice of provolone, and fresh spinach. Could’ve done without the cheese, as I couldn’t even taste it.
    My lunch was the last leftover bit of mushroom pasta: sauté garlic, shallot and onion in avocado oil until translucent, add a huge amount of sliced brown mushrooms, cook for a bit, deglaze with 2 cups water, add roasted garlic better than boullion and vegetable better than boullion for flavor, as well as sage & thyme, then dumped in maybe a half cup of orzo pasta. It formed its own brown gravy-like sauce and was delicious.