@cardio_enthusiast
    @nbbaby
    @gelatinouscube

5cltxcaajxru.png

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 700 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in
    02Feb2020 steps - 4,741 so SAD about the Fitbit dying out on the walk yesterday, I'm sure I had over 10,000 - my usual walking and a 3 miler always gets me there!!

Have had a good day - two walks outside in 75 degrees and full sunshine!! WOW, it makes a big difference in my mood and overall sense of well-being! Eating was fine all day - kept to my plan and habits! Yay!!

Love seeing all of the steps posts happening - it's a great way to have a little fun competition and also to compete with myself to improve!

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3!
    Times? B 930a, L 130p, D 730p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts? I had a few almonds before dinner - fridge reasons are delaying dinner but it was a reasonable snack
    Hunger? Hunger has been fine all day, appropriate. Hungry for dinner and waiting to plug the fridge back in so we're not opening it (long story)
    Exercise? 2 walks in the hood today, a 2.65 and a 1.75
    Sleep? 1045p-7a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? Yesterday went well but I did eat more dinner than planned. The sheet pan quesadillas are very tasty, maybe more like sheet pan burritos. So tasty that I went back for another half. Having that again tonight but it's in the fridge and has to be warmed so way less temptation to slink in after "just a bit more"

@TeresaW1020
    Thoughts for the day-I’m feeling good about this month and my determination to stay on track even though I have several big events this month that will mean eating out and probably off plan at times. But that is OK! It’s not the celebrations or weekend getaways that derail me. It’s the every day when I don’t stay on track that do the most harm. I’m really going to work on my inner dialog and focus on purposing in my heart and mind NOT to fail myself.
    You are so speaking to me with this!! I look at the end of Jan habit tracker and I can see how I got derailed, where I went wrong and what I can do to get back on track. And learning to live through the events and unplanned times are key for me. And - it's awesome to read about what you're thinking of your day and habits, so glad you posted it. => and this is genius!! --> S
    o, I opened that bag of cookies, smelled their deliciousness and then sprayed furniture polish into the bag and tossed them into the garbage. How many times have I been determined to stay on plan only to be confronted with temptation and giving in to it? NOT today!! I was so proud of myself that I called hubby and told him, who was also so proud of me
    @Canzone777 congrats on a great weigh-in, way to go! =>
    @prowell57 wow, great goals! A quantifiable 1/2 pack a day is HUGE and I am so proud of you! => You can space them out...it may be a good idea to be sure you plan for smoking when you most enjoy it, for the 1/2 pack you'll have. Might be the with-coffee or the after lunch or dinner. If you have some times/circumstances that are a hard-wire (for now), keep those and ditch the mindless ones, first. A tip for meal planning (I plan and pre-prep) is to make plans for things that lead to other meals and if you like leftovers...plan those, too! I find it helpful.
    @Katmary71 I totally get the party food being a derailer - especially when there are so many nibbles to be had! They come in deceivingly small packages, like brownies. But this is something you don't do often so I hope you also enjoyed it all!! Hey, I might trade some meat that I like less for a brownie that I like way more and call that a good trade! I also love me some cold brew....
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - WOW, that's an incredible loss for the week, congrats!! I love food prep - well, I really love the results so it's worth doing for me!
    @wrknonmedaily wooohooo, so close to the new numbahs, way to go, great loss!
    @TeraBbreakingFree Nice loss - and great to meet you!!
    @Cornanda and @mrmcgrath one of the best things about getting to empty nest is when you discover your 'kids' are really neat adults. We have been enjoying the kids wanting to spend time with us by dropping over or visiting on a plan, discussing world events - just getting to know these people. And, wonder of wonders, we think they have liked discovering that their parents are pretty neat, too! We, hubby and I, love walking and biking, kayaking, visiting friends and family - spontaneous date night at the jazz club. All things we couldn't do when they were young or in sports or had band competitions. It's different and can be better in so many ways. From Maria's Empty Nest, thought you might like a glimpse into the future. =>
    @mrmcgrath I love your idea of laying out a spread so you get what you want!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    r755xhpwbqtx.jpg
    ql2y8i9ku6te.png
    n13aslmifsuk.png
    3218c0kvt0ui.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 2.60%
    2nd Trimstones 1.72%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 1.61%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 97.1 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 83.2 Lbs
    3rd WaistAways 79.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @gharvey2753 8.87%
    2nd @hope002 6.79%
    3rd @deniners2 6.75%
    3rd @MaegyS 6.75%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @gharvey2753 16.4 Lbs
    2nd @MaegyS 15.6 Lbs
    3rd @hope002 13.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @rosieposiesrl
    @kayla7303
    @kguin0323
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @monaraehill2
    @gelatinouscube
    @mynacha73
    @ElleBellesTheoBear
    @corporatelawmom

6xz4qez0vwfu.png
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Monday check-in
    02/03/2020

Calories- under
    Water- didn't meet my goal
    Exercise- none

Goals/Habits
    Drink 64oz water
    Walk on treadmill 30 min
    Work on stopping smoking
    Work on organizing house

Didn't drink my water today. I did get my treadmill set up though but didn't use it. I went grocery shopping and by the time I got home and put everything away I was feeling it in my low back so decided to take it easy the rest of the day. I had to buy dog and cat food and lifting on those heavy 30 lb bags is rough on my back and shoulder!
    I went over on my goal to limit myself on smoking. I smoked a little over 1/2 pack. But, that's better than a full pack so I'll take it ☺️.
    I did go through recipes and got my menu's made out for the week so I'm ready to go.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 700 Member
    prowell57 wrote: »
    Monday check-in
    02/03/2020

Calories- under
    Water- didn't meet my goal
    Exercise- none

Goals/Habits
    Drink 64oz water
    Walk on treadmill 30 min
    Work on stopping smoking
    Work on organizing house

Didn't drink my water today. I did get my treadmill set up though but didn't use it. I went grocery shopping and by the time I got home and put everything away I was feeling it in my low back so decided to take it easy the rest of the day. I had to buy dog and cat food and lifting on those heavy 30 lb bags is rough on my back and shoulder!
    I went over on my goal to limit myself on smoking. I smoked a little over 1/2 pack. But, that's better than a full pack so I'll take it ☺️.
    I did go through recipes and got my menu's made out for the week so I'm ready to go.

@prowell57 - you did so well. => Every day is a baby step in one direction or the other. You smoked less - not more. You have menus made - and are setting yourself up for a productive week instead of guessing in the moment when your chips are down. Planning ahead and doing as much up front for future YOU is the best gift you can give yourself. Make tiny goals ahead of the bigger goals, it's all good and will see you there, right? One cigarette, one planned menu - they are the steps that lead to two and ten and 12. =>
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: resistance training (weights date with my husband!); martial arts class (80 min)
    Grateful for: my clean desk

Goals and Improvements for Tomorrow (Tuesday)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) - platform stepping
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Work on the To Do List, starting with replacing the battery in my nonfunctional phone (eek!)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @wrknonmedaily That sounds amazing, I love that they're helping with programs and screenings! I'd love to have a personal workout program, that's such a cool thing to receive. Will you be working out at the YMCA? When I went on vacation I went to one every morning with my uncle, it was an amazing gym and classes were a lot of fun. I wish there was a YMCA here! You'll have to add goals to your posts so we know what you're striving for, I hope you win!

@TeraBbreakingFree Welcome to the group! Elliptical machines are great workouts! Nice loss!

@rachelleahsmom Some weeks are up and it makes no sense, hang in there!

@Cornanda I'd love to throw away the Superbowl food but it wasn't at my house so it would be rude! I was over there again today and it was driving me nuts, if it was in my house it would be down the drain. I've lost long responses so many times, my WiFi seems to only crash if it's a long post or if I'm working out streaming music.

@bethanie0825 Love your attitude about the stall, I stalled for a month and wasn't nearly as calm!

@TeresaW1020 LOVE that you sprayed furniture polish on the cookies! I've dumped cat litter on food before, glad I'm not the only one who does that stuff.

• Katmary71
    @Motiv8tedMom @nbbaby @kayla7303 Way to go, great losses!

@prowell57 I second @raleighgirl09 that you're taking steps to achieve your goals. Frankly, picking up cat and dog food/litter counts as a workout, especially getting it in and out of the trunk and into the house! One of my non scale victories is that I can actually LIFT 40lbs of Costco cat litter, nevermind that I used to carry 2 and a half of those on my body. Having your food situated and your treadmill set up are great steps. Congratulations on smoking less than a pack!

@AustinRuadhain good luck with that battery!

• Katmary71
    Monday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- babysat instead, going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga 2xs this week- haven't done yet
    Core- on hold
    Decluttering/cleaning- none today. Garbage cans are filled and I can't lift boxes so it may wait.
    Recipe- undecided but need to use the cassava still.

I was asked to watch my nephew so I ended up eating while over there and I don't know if it's because I'm used to bigger low cal servings or just tempted too much by yesterday's food but I was super-cravy and one serving of small items like a tiny brownie weren't very filling when I'm used to a huge salad for a meal though I was feeling good about sticking to one serving of things. I told myself after stopping at the store I'd have a low cal wrap with vegetables before my workout. @raleighgirl09 I think you once posted about this, after sticking with one serving and being "good" I came home and pigged out! Ate a few wraps then I ate my dinner, had a few pieces of fruit, and ended up feeling like I was going to explode. I figured I'd feel just as lousy sitting on the couch as I would on my bike so I worked out very uncomfortably. Haven't done this in awhile so I'm disappointed. I don't know how people who do OMAD do it, especially those who eat a lot of produce like I do!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Jactop
    Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 207
    Current Weight: 206
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2020
    nbbaby
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 211.0
    CW: 212.2

Sorry I'm an hour late posting.
  • TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    Steps
    02/03: 14,735
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    @Katmary71 We have a small, free gym in the building. Even with the work discount, YMCA can be pricey. I hope to win or be in the top 5.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @Cornanda, Lisa :) I lived in Florida for 15 years. I’m going down there at the end of the month to move my 77-year-old mother in with me. So, my empty nest is getting filled again. Just in a much different way. Fortunately, I didn’t have any Super Bowl food to tempt me! If it is tempting, you then just throw it away! I’m so glad you are here and working on your health. <3
    So, I opened that bag of cookies, smelled their deliciousness and then sprayed furniture polish into the bag and tossed them into the garbage. How many times have I been determined to stay on plan only to be confronted with temptation and giving in to it? NOT today!! I was so proud of myself that I called hubby and told him, who was also so proud of me. o:)

Wow- that will be a big change for you- Mom moving in. Will pray for you both.

Loooooovvvvee the furniture polish!

• Cornanda
    raleighgirl09

[
    @Cornanda and @mrmcgrath one of the best things about getting to empty nest is when you discover your 'kids' are really neat adults. We have been enjoying the kids wanting to spend time with us by dropping over or visiting on a plan, discussing world events - just getting to know these people. And, wonder of wonders, we think they have liked discovering that their parents are pretty neat, too! We, hubby and I, love walking and biking, kayaking, visiting friends and family - spontaneous date night at the jazz club. All things we couldn't do when they were young or in sports or had band competitions. It's different and can be better in so many ways. From Maria's Empty Nest, thought you might like a glimpse into the future. =>
    ]quote

Love this, thank you!
  • Cornanda
    2/3 steps: 12,007
  • Katmary71
    @mrmcgrath I was so intimidated by the stair treadmill but noticed the people doing it had awesome legs! I finally got mad that I was scared of it and my first time I did a slow 4 minutes too, my goal was to stay on for one song. It's now my favorite gym cardio, I was able to increase time and speed pretty fast. Now I'm fighting the urge to beat my flights of stairs until Saturday as I'm already soaked and need two water bottles when done!

@Cornanda great steps!

@Jactop nice loss!

@wwood008 and @nbbaby you got this!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    @Cornanda , @TeraBbreakingFree - Zowie! You had a great steps days yesterday! 👣 👍🏽

@TeresaW1020 - Wow! Like @Cornanda , I think that spraying the tempting cookies with furniture polish was brilliant! 🤣

@mrmcgrath - A huge HURRAY for not being stopped by how you looked on the stair climber! Is this the super challenging version that has actual steps that rotate? I have not tried that in a while, but last time I did, only got to 3 or 4 minutes, just like you!

@Wwood008 - 👐 Sending you a hug. Sorry the number is more than what you expected, but super glad to see you checking in rather than getting stopped! That says to me that you are still in the game, and that you'll be looking for how to make this week a little better than last week! Hang in there! 👐

@nbbaby - No worries about the hour! We are just glad to see you checking in. Hang in there, and keep up all the work you have been doing! The scale may tick up some weeks, but with your steady efforts, we know you'll get there! 👍🏽

@Jactop - 🎈 Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@Katmary71 - 👐 Big hugs on the off eating day while watching your nephew. Knowing you, I bet you are back on plan today!
    Oh, and I am looking forward to hearing what you do with cassava! All I know is that you are supposed to eat it cooked but NOT raw.
    I'll let you know if the new battery works. 🤞🏽 Crossing my fingers, as I don't feel like phone shopping, but do feel stuck and irritated at not being reachable in the usual ways!

@prowell57 - What @raleighgirl09 said! 👣 Every day is a baby step. Keep making small improvements, and you WILL get there. You are tackling some huge changes.
    I hope your meal planning is continuing to go well -- that's definitely a great strategy!

🎈 Hurray to the Slimpossibles team for being down 1.61% as a group last week! Awesome work!
    🎉 Hurray for the Slimpossibles team mebbers on yesterday's leaderboard -- @MaegyS , @kayla7303 , @Motiv8tedMom ! Great work everyone!
This discussion has been closed.