I’m a picky eater on a budget

Look guys I’m seriously overweight don’t want surgery just looking to eat healthier and be more active but I’m picky when it come to veggies and my protein of choice is chicken if anyone has any decent recipes please let me know

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    start by logging everything you eat

then look at areas you can reduce certain calories

rinse and repeat
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Eat whatever you want, just much much less.

And stay at a calorie deficit.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Check out skinnytaste.com. Her honey siracha chicken is really good (just don't freeze it) and maple soy salmon is great. I DO eat a lot of vegetables but use a lot of different seasonings, pick up some spice blends if you don't know much about herbs and spices. Trader Joe's has 21 Seasoning Salute and Everything but the Bagel, the latter you can get versions on Amazon. Penzey's has a lot of excellent blends, my favorites are Fox Point, Mural of Flavor, and Arizona Dreaming. Roasting is my favorite for vegetables, you can do sheet pan meals with chicken then vegetables, like fajitas with peppers and onions. Bean/legume soups and chili are great, you can add vegetables which basically don't have a lot of flavor when cooked. I make 3 bean sweet potato turkey chili often, you could switch ground turkey for ground chicken.