February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    ==============================
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Tue 4 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    🌟 Staying on the straight and narrow.
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Patchwork 🌟
    • Laundry🌟
    • Read at least 1 chapter of current book 🌟

JFT Wed 5 Feb
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • 10am: Meet garden group at local Garden Centre
    • Do weekly grocery shop
    • Bake healthy cookies for Crochet Group
    • More laundry!
    • Read at least 1 chapter of current book

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

aubyshortcake:
    🌹🌹Terri: (3, 4)
    🌹cschmitz110515:
    pridesabtch:
    Anyone else up for this short fun Challenge?

You can quote and edit this post to add your roses
    OR tag me and I’ll update it once a day.
    Give name and date you were in the green. Eg:
    Terri - SVDC: Mon 3

I want to join!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Stay in the green

aubyshortcake:
    🌹cschmitz110515:
    pridesabtch:

I'm in! :smile:

Stay in the green

aubyshortcake:
    🌹cschmitz110515:
    pridesabtch:
    🌹 Tracie (4)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Today was a good day. I had the pre-assessment done for the Executive Edge 10-week wellness challenge. Was not happy to see my BMI and weight so darn high, and some of my lab levels were off, but the good news is that those things are all easily reversed by mindful eating and exercise, and that is what this challenge is all about.

I had to do a plank, a wall sit (timed) and some squats. They weighed us, did our BMI calculations, did labs for glucose and cholesterol. My BP was good. I'm pretty excited about this challenge. I will see a personal trainer on Friday mornings for 12 weeks now who will teach me the proper way to lift weights, use the machines and find a routine that will be personalized just for me. I was intimidated when I got there...I've never done a plank in my life. Was scary to do a timed one, but we had to get a baseline. I only held mine for 28 seconds, so that's not very good. But lots of room for improvement, right? :mrgreen:

Next Tuesday evening is the official kick-off meeting so we will learn more then!

@mytime6630 I am so, so sorry to hear the results were not what we had hoped! I will absolutely be praying for both of you! Those words are horrible to hear; I remember it well. Scariest day of my life.

Welcome to all our newcomers!

I didn't get on here earlier to post goals, but I had them in my head so I'll post them now.

Just for Tuesday, Feb 3:
    • Log every bite | stay green :smile:
    • No added sugar | no flour | no dairy :smile: :smile: :smile:
    • Increase water intake :smile:
    • Do my best at the pre-assessment for Executive Edge :smile:
    • Be grateful and kind :smile: | count to 10 before snapping when irritated :smile:
    • Lymphedema massage on right arm
    • Evening routine: Brush & floss | wash & moisturize | gratitude journal | read SA & JO | Calm app

WOTY: Persistence
  • PackerFanInGB
    MFP HISTORY:

4/2012: 166.4
    1/2/2013: 161.8
    1/6/2014: 163.4
    1/1/2015: 160
    1/2/2016: 164.2 (Found @mytime6630's original thread)
    1/2/2017: 153 (Work was beginning to get extremely stressful, as well as life situations at home.)
    1/1/2018: 175.4 (Trigger: Gained 22.4 lbs from emotional eating, as well as having a torn hip labrum.)
    1/1/2019: 184 (Trigger: Dad cancer x3, Stepdad passed away sepsis and cancer, Mom extremely anxious/depressed, stepdaughter's emotional issues/suicidal ideation.)
    1/1/2020: 184.6 Maintained at least... Look out 2020, I'm coming for you!
    2/4/2020: 188 weigh-in at Executive Edge Corporate Challenge

2020 GOALS
    Choose one small "bad" habit to change every month (12 new healthy lifestyle changes will be result)
    Make travel a priority. Stop waiting for "someday".
    Get Mom moved up near us
    Pay off all credit card debt
    Minimalism: declutter and downsize "wants" vs "needs"
    Weigh less on 1/1/2021 than today
    Decrease in measurements on 1/1/2021. Move in the right direction!
    Self-Care. Discover healthy hobbies or interests and schedule time to do them.
    Work on positivity vs negativity.
    Read the Bible all the way through.

February Goals
    Log every bite
    Water 80 oz per day
    Get up every weekday morning by 0600

• mytime6630
    edited February 2020

I don’t know how to get myself turned around. I still want it, but apparently not enough and what if he gets all fit and decides I’m not good enough. There I said it.

Don't even think that thought .. you know Roger loves you, your weight/fitness has nothing to do with how he feels. But ... you did it once before ... I KNOW you can do it again! We are all here rooting for you. You can do it alongside Roger ... and both of you doing it together will make it that much easier! Don't give up... you can turn your attitude around. I know you can!! You know how much better you will feel ... just maybe try it for just one day .. you know.. a day at a time. Go walking with Roger ... that is not only together time, but you will feel great about yourself.
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2020
    My weight history:
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6
    1st GW: 185.4 :) Met this goal
    2nd GW: 175 - and learn to maintain

Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day

2020 - January Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Joan
    SW: Jan 3: 185.4
    SW Feb 1st: 178

2020 - February Discard 5lb Challenge
    Current Weight today:
    Feb 1: 178.0
    Feb 3: 180.6 --- I expected this, with superbowl last nite .. to many chips, etc.
    Feb 4: 181 --- I think this is from overeating for the superbowl. Hoping it comes down!

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating -- Well, kinda. I went to the grocery store, REALLY wanting ice cream, cookies, etc. Instead, I did buy myself ONE snickers ice cream bar. But .. I do consider this a win. I could have bought a whole box of ice cream, and eat it, plus cookies, etc. So I limited myself to 250 calories.
    3. concentrate on water .. I keep forgetting water, and going back to old habits of wanting food when I am really just hungry :) Sipped a lot of water tonite. Hubby is out with his friends, so instead of eating, I cleaned house! A win win.
    4. eat slow:)
    5. nitetime snacking ... my worse time of day ... eat a apple, and sip water:) -- had a bananna, and a "planned" ice cream.

Stay in the green
    Feb 5 - No, since I had the ice cream bar.

Goals, JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. stay in the green - valentines day challenge
    3. concentrate on water
    4. positive thinking ... do not let my mind go towards the worse. Turn it over to God... no matter what, we can handle it. Do not let my own health suffer
    5. go to the gym
    6. help hubby with pc boards and shipping. We are keeping busy this week

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Hello my fellow healthy warriors!
    Today was a rough one. I just woke up in a funk and couldn't fully shake it. I was irritated by everyone and every thing, and was not very productive. That led to me getting down on myself for being behind at work. I left before finishing the day's notes and had a solid dinner. When the motivation struck, I was able to get up and do some housework and the night's dishes. I am proud I was able to end on a positive note, but feeling like I mostly wasted a day. How can I ever catch up on this mountain of paperwork? Ugh, so stressful. If anyone has advice on staying on top of paperwork or getting to work on time, I'm all ears.

@bookmeister86 I can so relate to getting derailed at work. Very annoying! Nice work not letting it take over the day.
    @aubyshortcake @TerriRichardson112 I will join your challenge!
    @clicketykeys How did your busy day go? I bet you're glad it's over!
    @azulvioleta6 Sorry to hear about your mom. Did you get more information? You're in my thoughts.
    @pridesabtch how did the daughter do?
    @PackerFanInGB I'm excited for you! And I think 28 second plank sounds like a lot! Let us know what you learn :)
    @snowflake1968 I'm so proud of you for being vulnerable and admitting what's going on! That's the first step right! I have been in your shoes and what works for me is to check the evidence. You KNOW you are worth so much to Rodger and he wants you in his life at any size. Just from what I know about you, you're a fantastic person and I think he's lucky to have you! I get that fear though, man it can be tough to break. For goals I know I had to start REALLY small. What got me started was drinking more water every day for 2 weeks. It felt like I was weak for not doing more, but I found that getting the ball rolling was more important. Love you lady, and you got this!

Just for Today-Tuesday
    Finish 1/2 January notes ❌
    do dishes ✅
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals ✅
    80 oz water ✅
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups ✅
    Try exercising or tidying for 15 minutes ✅

Just for Today-Wednesday
    Finish 1/2 January notes-third times a charm?
    do dishes
    80 oz water
    Try exercising or tidying for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories)
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals

Word of the year: PRESENT
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Stay in the green

aubyshortcake:
    🌹cschmitz110515:
    pridesabtch:
    🌹🌹Faebert: (3, 4)

You can quote and edit this post to add your roses
    OR tag me and I’ll update it once a day.
    Give name and date you were in the green. Eg:
    Terri - SVDC: Mon 3

I’m in and have added my roses! X

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Tuesday
    Daily Habit goals: track😁, exercise, 😁journal😁

Action Plan:
    1. Up by 6, walk, 😁strength, 😁2 yoga reps👿
    2. Hang up laundry😁
    3. Lay out clothes for Wednesday workout 😁
    4. Healthy breakfast, 😁no media👿
    5. Pack “tv dinner” for lunch, yogurt and KashiGo for healthy breakfast 😁
    6. Leave work by 5👿—5:45. Too nice, let my people keep coming to talk to me. 😛
    7. Dinner = salad with chicken breast 😁
    8. Finalize clothes for trip 🤨 —made good progress, settled work outfits . Still need to figure out “tourist” clothes
    9. Upstairs by 9, 😁journal, 😁lights out by 9:45👿—hopefully by 10

Good day. But kept yawning! Quite rude in some contexts. Trying to get myself to bed. Still feeling a bit overwhelmed/underprepared for my trip and all I have to do before/during/immediately after. Got to buckle down tomorrow creating presentations!

Wednesday
    Daily Habit goals: track, exercise, journal

Action Plan:
    1. Up by 6, run, 2 yoga reps
    2. Lay out clothes for Thursday workout
    3. Pack salad for lunch
    4. Healthy breakfast at work, no media
    5. Finalize work papers for trip
    6. Leave by 6
    7. Dinner = stop at store for lean protein and salad, else “tv dinner”
    8. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out by 9:45
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    . How can I ever catch up on this mountain of paperwork? Ugh, so stressful. If anyone has advice on staying on top of paperwork or getting to work on time, I'm all ears.

I find this helps:
    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Possibly not very helpful but I thought of that joke and couldn't resist making it ;)

There is probably a serious point under than joke about prioritising about working out which paperwork MUST be done and which is not actually that important and could be ignored (or burnt gleefully!)
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Back home after a couple of days away. All the family birthdays are now over, and I have no more excuses!
    I'm way behind on reading here, so have just read the last page for now.

@Snowflake1968, I so so understand the thought "I still want it, but apparently not enough"...you have no idea how many times over the years I've thought this. We can do it though, every little step helps :) You say Rodger is doing well with his diet, do you mean he is preparing his own meals? (I only ask as sometimes when a married man does well on a diet it's his wife preparing the meals. I'm sure I would find dieting easier if someone else was making me lovely calorie controlled meals :) ) If he is, could he also make your meals for you so you don't have to think about it?

JFT Wednesday 5th February

Eat under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Be positive
    Parents
    Pack more boxes

Finding it hard to get moving this morning. I need to learn how to stop family members bad moods/depression dragging me down too. How do you be happy when others are miserable?
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    @PackerFanInGB 28 seconds for your first plank sounds pretty good to me! I’ll be curious to see how long you hold when the program!

Tuesday:
    - subbing 🟢
    - Music rehearsal tonight🟢
    - Need to organize my music🔴
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Stay green🔴 -only off by a few.
    - Exercise🔴
    - Pick up one piece of trash while out🟢

JFT Wednesday:
    - get house ready for daughter’s bday this weekend
    - Organize music
    - Shop for daughter’s bday
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Exercise

Just found out my youngest was exposed to the flu over the weekend at a birthday party. Hopefully it doesn’t spread! 😷
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Hello all, still went over my calories yesterday but less than the day before, so they're at least inching back down lol.

@TerriRichardson112 I am still at 0 roses but determined to get my first one today!

Yesterday 2/4:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😔
    3. Finish work at 5:20😔
    4. Do workout😁

JFT 2/5:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Put away laundry
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Will catch up on everyones doings tonight but a quick check in after another hiatus.

Sunday my mom and stepdad came over to help with the nursery/projects. We got so much done! Sat down for late lunch and my stepdad passed out! My mom is so good under emergency response, she works in healthcare, I called 911 without even asking, DH was scared but good for manpower. Stepdad was back to pretty quickly but EMS responded anyway, and it turned out to be most likely low blood sugar, so super scary but hes okay otherwise!

I did much better with cooking this week. Managed Sunday-Weds home cooked, ate out with family Thursday and tonight my prepped meal trial arrived and that was a life saver for a night i wanted to order out/not cook. I think it will be worth it to have the first few weeks of adjusting to life with baby. I have another meal kit arriving to try on Tuesday, but I have to cook that one. I think between the two and just cutting down on grocery lists/meal planning will be helpful and we can just get snacks/small groceries delivered/pick up service.

I'm super tired, and learning that I need to learn how to rest better, so im practicing that skill too!!

DH has a work training an hour away from home (and home is 40 minutes from the hospital) two weeks before my due date! Im a little anxious about that but my neighbor friend who is a SAHM will bring me to the hospital if anything happens early.

EVERYONE is sick at work. It's a pool and spa store so you think in January they would just take the time off! But no...so I tried to take time off to avoid the germs and was called in because it was "busy" I stayed for 3 hours and it was not busy so i left, very annoying.

Things that have helped me this week food wise;
    Larabars
    Frozen/prepared meals
    Taking extra time to rest
    Pepcid!
    No dairy before bed

Things to continue improving on;
    Use water bottle, drink more water
    Less dunkins stops
    More protein powder, drink smoothie for breakfast even if not hungry

I'm excited to be an upcoming auntie with your little one on the way. Glad your stepdad is alright. Much love and hugs.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. GET BOOKS AND PUT ON SHELF.
    3. Class A: Vocab day 2. Poetry: Figurative language. Find poem from print sources. New Works Cited page.
    4. Class B: Grammar on NRI. Poetry notes. Kahoot? Example poem. Find poems you like.
    5. Planning: Write a blog post. Why won't Word print correctly? Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bus duty. Run. GRADE ESSAYS. Run progress reports. Purchase: cough drops, tissue, expectorant. REHEARSAL. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports Wednesday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website.
    3. Class A: Vocab day 3. Poetry: Mood and symbolism; image interpretation. 4 poems total; add to Poem List. Progress reports.
    4. Class B: Example poem. Poetry notes. Discuss poems you like. Present 1 to class.
    5. Planning: Review unit plans. Duolingo. Check Goodreads. Input and enter essay grades. Run progress reports. Write blog post.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bus duty. Run. Game night. Yoga with core/balance work. Check on B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Progress reports 4th Thursday. FINGERPRINTING WED FEB 26. NEED $41 AND $10 CASH.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    Today: 194.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984 auditions 27-28 6:30.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. Both yesterday and today I've been "asked" to use half of my planning period to cover another teacher's class.