• Missy1364
    Missy1364 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for all the ideas.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Tomorrow I'll have a slice of grains & seed bread with peanut butter on top
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    So I'm definitely a fan of Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt - especially vanilla - and a banana or an apple
    But I need to learn more about this protein oatmeal many of you are making.
    Any favorite brands or tips on preparation?
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    ^^^^
    New task this weekend! Thanks @just_Tomek !!
  • PinkShamrocks
    PinkShamrocks Posts: 6 Member
    Here's a few of my favorite breakfast go to choices:
    Kashi Waffles with a smear of Walden Farms Calorie Free Jam, especially Orange Marmalade!
    Thomas Bagel Thins or Sandwich Thins with a smear of light cream cheese and mesquite turkey or apple slices with cinnamon
    Chocolate protein shake, ice, 3 drops Capella Marshmallow Flavor (0 calories) and packet of Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Diet Cocoa (25 calories) blended makes an awesome frozen hot chocolate!
    Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies https://cafedelites.com/healthy-2-ingredient-breakfast-cookies/
    Oatmeal Smoothie with blended dates for sweetness
    Quest Bars: Blueberry Muffin, Smores, Birthday Cake (has sprinkles!), Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Sprinkled Donut, Maple Waffle, and Blueberry Cobbler (calories 165-185). Pro Tip: remove from wrapper and microwave 5-10 seconds, the smores bar is melty goodness!
  • TiffanyMiffany
    TiffanyMiffany Posts: 9 Member
    -Baked quinoa, with berries, bananas and coconut, topped with Greek yogurt.
    -homemade granola bars and oat bars
    -overnight oats (favorite are making them with almond butter and chocolate chips, or peanut butter and and bananas, or apples and maple syrup).

All store for a few days sealed, so it can be eaten for several breakfasts.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    avocado toast, hard boiled eggs, and bananas are my go to's for a quick breakfast
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    My weekday breakfasts are packed and eaten at work. I do muffins (blueberry or blueberry bran) and cinnamon rolls. Nothing to big.
  • LaurieMick1531
    LaurieMick1531 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m into breakfast tacos at the moment. They keep me going all morning
    Corn tortillas
    Spinach or zucchini
    Avocado
    Eggs
    Hot sauce is a must
    Ready in about 5 minutes!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Either two eggs (somewhat soft boiled so they are more satisfying and nutritious) or protein overnight oats. I make my protein overnight oats 3-5 servings at a time.

To make 4 servings, for example, I will take 1 cup rolled or steel cut oats (so 1/4 cup per serving), 2 scoops protein powder (1/2 serving per), about 2 tsp cinnamon, and water, mix well, and soak them in individual containers. You could also use your choice of milk for a little more protein and nutrition.

Lately I'll put in 1 packet each of those little 100 calorie fruit and nut snack packs, for sweetness, extra fiber and extra protein. I don't need any additional sweetener because the protein shake powder provides that. I could also add unsweetened cocoa powder, it's only 20 calories per teaspoon. A serving of oatmeal made that way is roughly 300 calories and has lots of good stuff. It also packs well in those cute little one cup containers.

Lately I've been having my protein oats, made as above, on my walking/weight lifting days and the eggs on my walking/stretching days. It's working out well so far.
  • Taryn_Leithx
    Taryn_Leithx Posts: 1 Member
    Birch benders protein pancakes. Or a fried egg on a rice cake (qualer brand is superior) and a piece of turkey bacon. I like to get a lot of protein out of my breakfast so I stay full until lunch.
  • slappy01uk
    slappy01uk Posts: 12 Member
    I use one of these to make poached eggs in the morning and I have poached egg on toast (90 sec)

Or I have porridge made with water and just add a splash of milk in the bowl

John
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    We live with diabetes and cardiac issues, so we count carbs and I watch sodium. That said, my dh has a Clif bar almost every morning with black coffee or a diet soda, and has lost weight consistently. Clif bars have about 42 carbs on average. He may have a Luna bar or something lighter than Clif as a mid-morning snack. That's too much sugar, even if it isn't refined, for me usually.

I want breakfast I can eat as I drive on my long commute, so it's almost always a sandwich. Aldi has a Fit for Life wheat bread with 40 calories per slice, 13 carbs including 7 grams of fiber. So I will make a sandwich with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of just-fruit spread. It's very good on toast. I usually also have a small apple and a Halo/Cutie tangerine. Depending on the size of the apple that's about 54 carbs, about right for me.

To avoid the sodium in sandwich meat I have had some success roasting a pork loin or eye of round beef roast without salt and slicing them in 1.5-2 ounce portions. I freeze packets of 5-8 slices and take out as needed for a week of breakfast - or a quick dinner entree. Sargento has ultra-thin sliced Swiss cheese with only 20 mg sodium per slice. So a pork sandwich with a slice of Swiss, an apple and a tangerine this morning with a diet Pepsi came in just under 300 calories and less than 500 mg sodium, with 51 total carbs. A tablespoon or so of unsalted peanuts or almonds for a snack will get me through until lunchtime.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    plain overnight oats or old-fashioned oats (microwaved) with fresh chopped apple, wheat germ, milk or water. with or without a scoop of plain whey for an additional shot of protein.

if I'd been ambitious, I might have some refrigerated hard-boiled eggs available for a quickie protein.

i bake our bread (no-knead, "turbo" method [3hr start to done]). one type i keep on hand is whole wheat whey for the extra protein. I sometimes make a toast/nut spread in the morning, but 4-5d out of 7 is usually the oatmeal. my bread has less calories, less sodium, less glycemic index/load and more protein than commercial bread, per slice, and a lot more taste.

my leisurely, "luxury" breakfast would be an omelette.
  • diamonds1202
    diamonds1202 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm loving all the things you all eat for breakfast and am using some of them! This week is overnight oats. This morning's batch has peanut butter mixed in, with almond milk, oatmeal, maple syrup, and chia seeds.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I don't have the issue of needing to get up and out every day, so breakfast or brunch has become more enjoyable for me. The quickest thing I can think of is a low sugar grain based cereal topped with banana and lowfat milk. When you have time, here is something I do; I raid my grocery store salad bar then next morning I sautee that take mix in an egg and bam, a great egg scramble!
  • katelynntavano
    katelynntavano Posts: 22 Member
    Protein smoothie with banana and 1/2 cup of nonfat milk - approx. 275 cals
    2 eggs with a buttered english muffin - approx. 350 cals
    tim hortons maple oatmeal - 220 cals
    starbucks spinach and egg white breakfast sandwich - 290 cals.

This rotation works well for weekend breakfasts, quick weekday options and days i have no time at all :)
  • fattypattyt
    fattypattyt Posts: 8 Member
    cooked oats - 1/4 cup cooked, then on top... I put the following:
    flax seed - 1 Tbs
    banana - 1 sliced medium size
    dash of brown sugar
    Raw walnuts - 2 Tbs
    Enjoy with coffee and a splash of dairy free creamer
    :)
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    Oatmeal with whey protein and either frozen berries or canned pumpkin.
    Bran flakes with fruit and skim milk / almond milk / whatever is white and milk-like in the fridge.
    Greek yogurt with fruit and whey protein.
    And last but not least, leftovers. There's no reason that breakfast needs to be a "breakfast food".
  • ebeever115
    ebeever115 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2020
    I go to the gym at 5am but I need to eat a little something before I go, otherwise I get dizzy and lightheaded. Before I leave, I always have a little peanut butter on half of a whole wheat sandwich thin. It's enough to get me through my workout.
    Then I eat my actual breakfast once I get to my desk at work. I usually have one of these or a combination of any of them...
    Freezer breakfast sandwich
    Hard boiled eggs (I had to take a break from these, I was getting sick of them)
    Overnight oats, usually with cranberries, pecans, flax and chia seeds. Sometimes with fresh fruit.
    Banana

I used to eat Greek yogurt but it always messed with my stomach so I gave up on that.