aubyshortcake:
    🌹🌹Terri: (3, 4)
    🌹cschmitz110515:
    pridesabtch:
    🌹 Tracie (4)
    🌹Hannah: (4)

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Yesterday was hectic - Tuesdays usually are - but I made it to the gym after my morning class. Forgot my earbuds, but made an exciting discovery: I can do simple grading while keeping up a good pace on the recumbent bike! Our college's online platform has a phone app that allows me to check email and student submissions. I found that once I got going on the bike, I could focus well enough to read the shorter assignments and mark them complete/incomplete or use the rubrics for work that I don't need to comment on. I managed to get one whole class set of assignments marked while doing 35 minutes of cardio- win win!

This is a bit of a game changer for me, as I've really been struggling to balance my personal needs with my responsibilities to others. It's only recently that I've been able to move beyond the mindset that my self-worth is totally dependent on what I do for others and that self-care is indulgent and, thus, low priority. There's a whole lot of history bound up with that thinking, and I still sometimes slip back into that self-denying mindset. I honestly don't know what's made the difference this time, but I am determined not to go back to that negative way of thinking.

Sorry if this post got a bit heavy. I'm learning so much from all of you about working toward that balance despite what life dishes out. Thank you for being here <3

Goals for Tuesday, February 4, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym and/or walk outdoors - √ - Both
    • Household chores 30+ min. – X
    • Enter monitoring data - √
    • Grading before my evening class - √ - The wonders of multitasking!
    • Journal - √

JFT Goals for Wednesday, February 5, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym and/or walk outdoors
    • Household chores 30+ min
    • Laundry
    • Bills
    • Grading
    • Journal
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

aubyshortcake:
    🌹🌹Terri: (3, 4)
    🌹🌹Carmela (cschmitz110515): (3,4)
    pridesabtch:
    🌹 Tracie (4)
    🌹Hannah: (4)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Just for Tuesday, Feb 3:
    • Log every bite | stay green :smile:
    • No added sugar | no flour | no dairy :smile: :smile: :smile:
    • Increase water intake :smile:
    • Do my best at the pre-assessment for Executive Edge :smile:
    • Be grateful and kind :smile: | count to 10 before snapping when irritated :smile:
    • Lymphedema massage on right arm :smile:
    • Evening routine: Brush & floss | wash & moisturize | gratitude journal | read SA & JO | Calm app :naughty:I was so tired, I just crashed...

Just for Wednesday, Feb 5:
    • Log every bite | stay in the green
    • No added sugar | no flour | no dairy
    • Increase water intake
    • Activity, 30 minutes
    • Be grateful and kind | think before speaking | what is reality vs the "story" I've built in my head...
    • Lymphatic massage on right arm
    • Evening routine: Brush & floss | wash & moisturize | gratitude journal | read SA & JO | Calm app

WOTY: Persistence

• PackerFanInGB

My mom got through her biopsy OK--a six-hour process. No results for a while though.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your mom!
  • PackerFanInGB
    @PackerFanInGB - that’s an awesome challenge. I could use something like that.

I have a confession to make. Rodger is doing well in his health goals. He is walking 10K a day, tomorrow he is starting weight training after being cleared by the doctor. He is eating and staying within his calorie goals. I am so proud of him. However, for everything he is doing for the positive I seem to be doing for the negative. I am struggling so bad with eating properly, getting up off the couch and even thinking about working out.

I don’t know how to get myself turned around. I still want it, but apparently not enough and what if he gets all fit and decides I’m not good enough. There I said it.

I can relate to how you are feeling. I have had similar feelings in the past about my husband not wanting me anymore also. I also have been struggling to want it bad enough to give up my comfort foods. So, I don't have good advice...just can tell you that I know my husband loves me and the life we've built together. He loves me for me. It hurts him that I even think that he could be that shallow as to not want me after my mastectomies, or after I gained weight. I'm going to be 60 in a month so I have a lot of insecurities right now. But I just keep coming back and trying to say no to at least one "junk food" a day. I wake up and tell myself that I don't have to be perfect, just make some sort of progress...take a walk during lunch break or take laps around an empty conference room during my breaks, pack healthy lunches and snacks.

Does Rodger walk at night after you get off work? can you go with him? It's hard to find the ambition after putting in an 8 - 10 hour day at work, but maybe if you could go right away before you sit down at night? Do you and he have same work schedule?

I know you're in a slump..winter doesn't help with that either. But think of ONE thing you can start with...whether it is more water, or logging food, or taking a walk. Just one goal. Forget about all the rest because it's too overwhelming and sets us up for failure. Just set one goal per day and make yourself find the time to do it.

I think you and I both would find that if we could just get one thing going in the right direction, we'd feel better and step it up. We just need to do it. (((HUGS))) xoxo

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member
    edited February 2020
    🌹 Valentine's Day Challenge 🌹
    Stay in the green
    Mon 3 Feb - Thu 13 Feb (11 days)
    Earn 🌹 for every day in the green.

aubyshortcake:
    🌹🌹🌹Terri: (3,4,5)
    🌹🌹Carmela cschmitz110515: (3,4)
    pridesabtch:
    🌹Tracie: (4)
    🌹🌹Faebert: (3,4)
    Joan: (mytime6630)
    PackerFanInGB)
    🌹Hannah HEGoddard0928: (4)

I hope I haven’t missed anyone out.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,018 Member

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2

February:
    Sat 01: 150.1
    Sun 02: 151 Self inflicted! Late night snacking
    Mon 03: 150.1 Phew!
    Tue 04: 148.6 - 3.5 😍
    Wed 05: 149.6 😂 Boing! Boing! Boing!
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Wed 5 Feb
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • 10am: Meet garden group at local Garden Centre🌟
    • Do weekly grocery shop🌟
    • Bake healthy cookies for Crochet Group Not enough time
    • More laundry! 🌟
    • Read at least 1 chapter of current book 🌟
    JFT Thu 6 Feb
    Daily Goals:

Activities: