Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,505Member Member Posts: 8,505Member Member
    I posted about their wild shrimp burgers before, and now found they have wild tuna burgers as well. Delish. Just had two patties for dinner last night in a proper burger form with bun and all the trimmings. They grill beautifully on the bbq and dont fall apart.

9249880277022.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 5,782Member Member Posts: 5,782Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I posted about their wild shrimp burgers before, and now found they have wild tuna burgers as well. Delish. Just had two patties for dinner last night in a proper burger form with bun and all the trimmings. They grill beautifully on the bbq and dont fall apart.
    9249880277022.jpg

these look very yummy - saw your posting of your 'creation' of this too...delicious I'm sure (where did you purchase? Not at my Superstore/Safeway)

vparu7vbslf5.jpg

Bought my 'first' pumpkin flavor today...along with my other favorites...sorry - It's almost that time of year :o

PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    9249880277022.jpg

these look very yummy - saw your posting of your 'creation' of this too...delicious I'm sure (where did you purchase? Not at my Superstore/Safeway)

Metro is where I got it. Look up on Marina del Rey website for locations near you. Well worth it.
  • cheryldumaischeryldumais Posts: 1,928Member Member Posts: 1,928Member Member
    Found these for bagel substitution. They have a bit tougher texture untoasted but toasted with cream cheese are pretty good. Bought them at Walmart and have 100 calories each. They are kind of like the thin bagels I love in the US and are also gluten free if you have issues with gluten.

baw2sdugli3z.jpeg
    I buy these often when on sale. They are nothing special. They are just a shaved bagel, but I like this taste / texture better. Pumpernickel is my fav followed by everything.
    Surprisingly they are the cheapest at WholeFoods around here and often go on sale. They also have all of the flavours there.
    edited September 2019
    I buy these often when on sale. They are nothing special. They are just a shaved bagel, but I like this taste / texture better. Pumpernickel is my fav followed by everything.
    Surprisingly they are the cheapest at WholeFoods around here and often go on sale. They also have all of the flavours there.

I live in Alberta so we have much less variety than you do in the East. But glad to hear you have tried and enjoyed them. I like that they are only 100 calories. I've had better bagels but not for this calorie count.
    Also been looking for a bagel that I could cut thinner that would work out the same and found none. Most bagels weigh in at 280 or more and sliced in four would still not give me two pieces for 100 calories. Do you have suggestions for something I might find here in the west?
  • april1779april1779 Posts: 37Member Member Posts: 37Member Member
    wgrb2s1vr95u.png
    These are yummy, even my eight year old likes them. We've only tried the sea salt and salt and vinegar flavors so far, but for 100g it's only 40cals for 10g, which is a good amount in a little sandwich baggy. I love salt, so these are great :) Found them at Sobeys, but can get them at other places. I think they are out of Ontario.
    edited October 2019
    Also been looking for a bagel that I could cut thinner that would work out the same and found none. Most bagels weigh in at 280 or more and sliced in four would still not give me two pieces for 100 calories. Do you have suggestions for something I might find here in the west?

See my post above. You can find them at WholeFoods, RCSS, Metro, Sobeys etc. at $3.99 usually.
    april1779 wrote: »
    wgrb2s1vr95u.png
    These are yummy, even my eight year old likes them. We've only tried the sea salt and salt and vinegar flavors so far, but for 100g it's only 40cals for 10g, which is a good amount in a little sandwich baggy. I love salt, so these are great :) Found them at Sobeys, but can get them at other places. I think they are out of Ontario.

Mango habanero is my fav. I get them at Metro and this week $4/2 bags.
    Simply outstanding.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • redcaseredcase Posts: 68Member Member Posts: 68Member Member
    Simply outstanding.

Oooh needing a dessert idea for Xmas dinner, I may give this a shot! Thanks!

• SpadesheartSpadesheart Posts: 427Member Member Posts: 427Member Member
    This actually surprised me, in a good way. The crust was delicious and crisped up just fine. I just added sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni. Whole thing and a salad really filled me up. And I was fully not expecting it to. But never mind that, it was the taste that won me over. Find yours at www.naturamarket.ca

0867741000290_CF_hyvee_default_large.jpeg
    FYI.......... Built bar now ships for free and from Canada. No minimum. EXCELLENT!!!
    FYI.......... Built bar now ships for free and from Canada.

Hooray, now I can see what the hype is about!

FYI.......... Built bar now ships for free and from Canada. No minimum. EXCELLENT!!!

you beat me to this...saw today too
    redcase wrote: »
    FYI.......... Built bar now ships for free and from Canada.

Hooray, now I can see what the hype is about!

If you like the texture, the hype will be real. Otherwise, major disappointment haha :)
    If you like the texture, the hype will be real. Otherwise, major disappointment haha :)

Well hopefully it works out, cuz I just spent $50.

TBH tho, I've eaten some pretty terrible bars, so I'm not that worried.