Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Fired Up This February!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    @BorutoTeam In order to have motivation to exercise I have to either:

1) like the exercise (I LOVE running, and I've got some running apps that help keep me entertained) or
    2) bribe myself with doing exercise while I'm doing something else (like listening to a favorite podcast while lifting weights, or hitting the stationary bike while watching Netflix, and making the entertainment involved contingent on my doing the exercise while I'm being entertained. Stop cycling? No more Netflix.)

• @BorutoTeam: I get up in the morning and go before my day starts. The only thing I have to bribe myself into is the bike, and then if I just put a book on the Kindle and read as I pedal, it's okay.
  • BorutoTeam
    BorutoTeam Posts: 3 Member

1) like the exercise (I LOVE running, and I've got some running apps that help keep me entertained) or
    2) bribe myself with doing exercise while I'm doing something else (like listening to a favorite podcast while lifting weights, or hitting the stationary bike while watching Netflix, and making the entertainment involved contingent on my doing the exercise while I'm being entertained. Stop cycling? No more Netflix.)
    @BorutoTeam: I get up in the morning and go before my day starts. The only thing I have to bribe myself into is the bike, and then if I just put a book on the Kindle and read as I pedal, it's okay.

Thank you all! I am working on it. U relaxed last night so now when I get off work at 9PM need to bribe my self and do it.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    BorutoTeam wrote: »

@BorutoTeam: I get up in the morning and go before my day starts. The only thing I have to bribe myself into is the bike, and then if I just put a book on the Kindle and read as I pedal, it's okay.

Thank you all! I am working on it. U relaxed last night so now when I get off work at 9PM need to bribe my self and do it.

Twins! I get off at 8 tonight, and I need to bribe myself with a podcast to go hit the squat rack. I'm thinking My Brother, My Brother and Me for something funny. I'll check in with you by tomorrow morning at the latest! Do eeet!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Ok, so my brain is saying I should exercise, but my body's like, nope - rather be wrapped up in my blanket, I'm so cold!! I can't push myself to exercise!! :/

I feel those days hard sometimes. So sometimes my bribery extends to the nice hot chocolate or something that I can make with half my exercise calories after I get it done. Or I get my phone and pump the jock jams until I feel that adrenaline push me out of bed and moving. Or like @mmdeveau I tell myself that it's only for 10 minutes, then I can stop, take a hot shower, and jump back in bed. And then I end up going way longer. Stuff like that.