Subway

Hello,

How many people here like to eat healthy Subway subs? If you do which ones are you ordering?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Not typically. When I do order Subway, I wind up getting a fat sandwich with extra chipotle sauce.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I have no idea what you consider "healthy," but it's not really my focus when I'm ordering at Subway (typically I'm there because there are no good options for food in the area).

I get a Veggie Delite on Italian, no cheese, most of the vegetables, and mustard. Pretty reasonable for calories, cheap, and is palatable.
  • DollyWolf99
    DollyWolf99 Posts: 13 Member
    I just load up the veggies, light sauces, and no cheese!
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    6inch veggie delight with marinara sauce. I have all the veggies, no cheese 2 scoops of giardiniera heavy hit of the parmesan cheese and oregano. I have it on herb and cheese bread toasted.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I like to have one once in a while. I get a 6-inch ham, wheat bread, cheese, easy spinach, tomatoes, pickles, extra olives, and mayo or light mayo.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    They were a regular lunch for me when I was first starting out. I stopped because I found frozen foods more interesting and convenient for lunch. I would get the veggie delite on flatbread with pepperjack cheese, spinach, green peppers, banana peppers, onion, tomato, cucumber, light mayo, and salt and pepper.
  • weeksie9907
    weeksie9907 Posts: 1 Member
    https://www.subway.com/en-US/MenuNutrition/Nutrition/NutritionGrid#NutritionFacts

9 grain whole wheat, foot long.

Oven roasted chicken (if you want to avoid nitrates), black forest ham or turkey are all almost the same.

Mostly any veggies (not olives & avocado), mustard, vinegar for approximately 600 calories, 7g fat, 80 carbs and 46 protein. Go crazy and add fat free Italian or sweet onion teriyaki for like some amount more carbs?

They used to have a calculator.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I get a 6 inch roasted chicken, double meat, on Honey Oat bread. Add all the veggies, vinegar and mustard.

With chips and a drink, it's a filling meal for 560 calories.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    I get either a footlong veggie, no cheese, on wheat with spinach, lettuce, cucumber, pickles a touch of oil and a lot of vinegar or an oven roasted chicken on wheat with marinara, lettuce, olives, banana pepper, onions and green peppers toasted.
    We have a Subway at work so it's the only healthy option if I don't bring my lunch.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Had half bmt for lunch today.. 😁
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    Oops quoted the wrong one. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    6inch veggie delight with marinara sauce. I have all the veggies, no cheese 2 scoops of giardiniera heavy hit of the parmesan cheese and oregano. I have it on herb and cheese bread toasted.

This sounds SO good but how do you account for the marinara sauce caloriewise (if you do)? It's not listed under sauces on the nutrition calculator.

Edited to add: Um. Nevermind. I'm on a calorie counting website with a database.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I get one Monday nights on my way to skate. I get the wheat bread and usually veggies and a cheese, sometimes I do egg or egg whites. All the veggies they can fit and pepperoncinis and whatever dressing I'm feeling like. The Caesar weirdly goes well with most thing.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't eat there often but when I used to go it was a footlong chicken bacon ranch with cheese, veggies plus chipotle. That used to keep me fueled up for my all nighters back in Uni. :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    I like Subway and I eat it quite often.

Usually chicken teriyaki, Italian herbs and cheese bread, cheese, lettuce, tomato, carrot, beetroot, dash of mayo or sweet chilli sauce.

Not difficult to fit a 6 in into my calorie allowance - and a 6 in is big enough for me.

Ps I even fit in a subway cookie sometimes too . B)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited February 2020
    I eat Subway pretty often because it’s so near my house. Any time I don’t want to cook, it’s an option.
    I usually cut a foot long into thirds, so I can fit almost any sandwich into my day. I like ham, roast beef, steak, and subway club.
    The cookies used to be hard to resist, but I’m getting better at it.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    I just get a subway Salad I'm in the UK and work at subway so I get my meal free when I'm on shift but we are only aloud a 6" sub so I make a salad up in a nacho box so the salad box numbers aren't screwed at the end of the night 🤷‍♀️
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Foot long veggie, on wheat, no cheese, red wine vinegar. I make two meals from it. I use my own red wine vinegar so it doesn’t get soggy. Very reasonable calories.