Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome on board Tessita and Hotdawgn, you are welcomed with open arms. Thank you for putting your hopes and dreams on our board, Like they say "It takes teamwork to make the dream work".
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi, everyone! So happy to find this group thread and not feel so alone.

I'm 53 yrs old, 5'2", and have been over 200 lbs since I had my children (18 & 14). Max weight 225 but at 215 this week.

Started with MFP February 2nd, after a week on Noom. Trying to find something I can stick with!!

Angeloup50
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Hi, I'm Dani. 47 years old and I have been over 200lbs for years. I would love to be a part of this group. I have so many reasons for wanting to get down to my goal weight!

I want to be healthy and strong. Right now I get winded walking up the stairs sometimes and I know that my BP is high and I'd like to avoid having to go on meds for it. Diabetes and high BP run in my family, so as I get older I know that I am at risk for so many health issues that could be solved if I just lose the weight!

On the more vain side of things, I want to look better naked, plain and simple. I've also gotten a "save the date" card for a friend's 20's theme Gatsby wedding in October, so I want to look fabulous for that! Plus, I don't want to keep buying "fat" clothes--I'm going broke!

I know what I need to do to get healthy--in a nutshell, eat healthier, eat less, and move my @SS more--It's the follow through and the motivation that gets me every time. So I'm starting over, AGAIN! Feel free to add me--I clearly need all the help I can get.
  • KJR865
    KJR865 Posts: 31 Member
    January Starting Weight: 261.0
    Jan. 2: 261.0
    Jan. 9: 258.2
    Jan. 16: 256.2
    Jan. 23: 253.0
    Jan. 30: 252.2
    Total January loss: 8.8

February Starting Weight: 252.2
    Feb. 6: 252.6
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:
    Total February loss: TBD

Hit a plateau this week - sooner than I expected/hoped but my hunger level came on strong this past week or two. I didn't get out of control or give up but it was harder to manage this week compared to prior weeks. So I'm re-strategizing my meal planning and prepping for next week. I think I need to identify some meal options that have more "volume" but aren't high calorie. I'm always happy for an opportunity to justify more time searching recipes on Pinterest!
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Yesterdays food did not go well. I went over my calories by about 300. Not too bad I guess if you consider the day before I barely hit 800 calories. So overall probably evened off. But I feel blahh after yesterday. I was tired and having a bad day. Getting back on track. Not beating myself up or anything just writing it down more so I see it and understand what happened.
    Hope everyone has a nice Friday and a nice weekend.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Happy Friday! Anyone have any fun plans this weekend?
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    SaraMWong15 - I hope you are doing ok. We miss you & care about you. Trust me we all get disappointed and
    depressed. That's why we're here. To help each other through the hard times.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    @ladycopnh1 I was just scrolling through here to check up on everyone while I wait to leave work. And thank you for that. I really needed that reassurement and encouragement. I'm getting better. Feeling better. My weigh in at the end of January helped a bit. So hopefully my weigh in tomorrow goes well too. I'm slowly getting back in to the swing of being up here. Hopefully I'll be joining in more soon!
  • takera16
    takera16 Posts: 23 Member
    Is it too late to join? I have been over 200 since I was very young. I've been down in the 250s but snuck up closer to 300 after a back injury. I'm in the 270s today and need something to motivate me. I had a group at my old job that was for accountability that helped, but my new job I'm all alone and it seems there is always a reason to go over calories. I did Noom last year which also helped but some life/medical things have been getting in my way. Some days things feel so impossible.
  • JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    Weighed in this morning.
    Jan 30: 228.5
    Feb 6: 226.6
    I didn't log my Super Bowl meal/snacks, but I was in charge of the menu, so I think it went ok. I'm getting to the point where I'm less and less excited about keeping my food diary, but it's working, and I know I need to keep at it. If I don't write it down, it's too easy to forget what I've eaten and too easy to let the serving sizes creep back up. So here's to another week!

Good job! We are basically identical in weight AND bad habits lol ;)
  • JennDoingTheThing
    JennDoingTheThing Posts: 24 Member
    KJR865 wrote: »
    January Starting Weight: 261.0
    Jan. 2: 261.0
    Jan. 9: 258.2
    Jan. 16: 256.2
    Jan. 23: 253.0
    Jan. 30: 252.2
    Total January loss: 8.8

February Starting Weight: 252.2
    Feb. 6: 252.6
    Feb. 13:
    Feb. 20:
    Feb. 27:
    Total February loss: TBD

Hit a plateau this week - sooner than I expected/hoped but my hunger level came on strong this past week or two. I didn't get out of control or give up but it was harder to manage this week compared to prior weeks. So I'm re-strategizing my meal planning and prepping for next week. I think I need to identify some meal options that have more "volume" but aren't high calorie. I'm always happy for an opportunity to justify more time searching recipes on Pinterest!

You're doing great! Plateaus happen for all sorts of reason, and I think I read it's not really a "plateau" unless it lasts a month or longer. I know after a few days, I start freaking out, and have to remind myself especially for women, our hormones and cycles can really mess things up.

I know for myself, I have 1-2 weeks a month even while on track, where my weight doesn't move at all, then one day it will be like 2-3 lbs drop at once. Super annoying, but it's still the same average lost over a month.
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks for the welcome, @ladycopnh1 ! I also found your comments today inspiring.