Drop your routine here! What do you do?

Curious about what everyone's routines are. Whats your routine look like and have you had success with your routines in the past? Focusing on strength? Mass? Both?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My routine hasn't changed much in all my 6+ years of lifting. While I am more hypertrophy based, I also aim to gain strength in my lifts overall.

I follow a full body glute focus program, 3-4x per week. I tend to do programs designed by Bret Contreras. I've tried others but I just cannot stick to them like I do with his and I find so much success and progress with them during cuts, bulks, maintenance and even during my last two pregnancies. I started with Strong Curves and now doing a program from his new book.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I do a 3-4 times a week program. Focus on the main lifts with accessories. Followed by some sort of cardio for 20-30 minutes.
  • I do a programme from Eric helms muscle and strength training pyramids. It’s an intermediate hypertrophy template with volume guidelines and you get to pick the lifts you want to do within reason. I’m doing a 5 day split: lower upper lower push pull. I’m enjoying it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited February 2020
    My powerlifting coach builds my routines for me. Currently I'm in a hypertrophy cycle doubled with a weight bulk to add some muscle. Next up is a mini-cut and a powerlifting cycle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I have one lifting session with a trainer and a full body barbell routine I do on my own on another day. I usually only lift 2x per week. I don't really care about getting bigger or pushing or pulling a lot of weight around. I lift namely because it's important to overall fitness and health...I'm also 45 and more interested in preserving mass at this time than trying to put it on. All in all, I'd rather be out on my road bike or hitting the trails on my mountain bike...but some form of resistance training is pretty important.

When I started back to the gym 7-8 years ago I first ran Starting Strength to get myself a good base of strength. From there I did a few different hypertrophy programs and ultimately started working with a trainer...I was eating maintenance then and put on a little mass and trimmed down a little fat as well. Now I'm just focused on maintaining muscle mass as I age. I'm already grey and bald...I don't need to be fat and weak on top of that.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    3 Days 60 - 75 mins lifting / 3 Days 45 - 60 mins cardio.
    Multi muscle groups worked together, 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps, core hit each lifting day 3 - 4 sets, 30 - 60 seconds rest between lifts.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited February 2020
    Right now I'm running a Bret Contreras program called Gorgeous Glutes which is lower body only. I'm pretty quad dominant, so I wanted to change pace for a bit and see if I could build up more of the posterior chain. It's 3 days/week(M/W/F) . Every other day(T/Th/Sa) I'm running a gymnastics based body weight program that is mainly upper body/core (but some full body). One rest day. I try to swim for 20-30min several times a week and get 30-60min cardio each evening playing on the VR.

Edit: Focus is on strength and mobility
  • happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    Starting Strength basically - ‘graduated’ from Stronglifts 5 x 5

3-4x a week, 3-5 movements per session
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I do something similar to stronglifts, but full body usually 2x week. I'm changing up my #s and subbing out some lifts just to see what my body responds to.
  • mwrfitboss
    mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
    main goal is powerlifting. 6 day cycle. 2x weekly LISS cardio. going for nationals qualification again this year as my goal for my weight class of 87kg. rotate through 3 max effort days and 3 dynamic effort days.
  • i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    I follow a bodypart split which means I’m lifting 5 days, at least, per week. Usually following hypertrophy style lifting of 8-12 reps.
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    I’m doing Madcow 5x5 on PersonalTrainingCoach app (3x week) after having done StrongLifts 5x5. I like the light squat Wednesdays as a 52-year old for recovery and the opportunity to focus a little more on bench than overhead press.
    I have cut my running, but still do Zumba 2-3 times per week and have started indoor rowing, mostly short intervals.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Currently running Strong Curves 3-4 times a week depending on the week. I also am doing the C25K program, with Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursday or Friday as my running days.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    PHUL (4 day upper lower split) plus 2 days of spinning
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 142 Member
    I currently lift 4x/week with an upper/lower split, and run 2x/week. I finally set up my basement gym and have a bench, pull up bar, resistance bands, barbell/plate set, and dumbbell set, so I can do full lifting workouts at home! I'm also trying to add some deep stretching/yoga work into my routine.