What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2020
    The good news is I had a dermatologist appointment today and one mole on my back that my primary care physician was concerned about. The Dermatologist said "it's an old man spot, totally harmless"!

So, I didn't have any excuse not to do this month's CTC (Cross Team Challenge) workout -- my indoor rowing club's monthly challenge against other teams from all around the world. I'm a true "boat filler" right now, meaning I'm so slow I'm simply filling a spot, but it's a good benchmark of progress.

The row was 12 X 1' sprints, with one minute rest. I think I averaged 1:53.2 or so. Not putrid, but certainly not great. Did a 5K warmup and 1800m C/D to total over 10K for the day. On the bright side, the HR came down under 140 on every interval, a great sign, except that last two (where it dropped to around 143 or 144). My HR gets up to around 190 something still, so it dropping that rapidly is great. I'm getting fitter, just not much faster.

Roughly 920 calories for the hour workout.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    6.4 mile run & 8 minutes 20 seconds of planks

@MikePfirrman Old age spots are a blessing, I know.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Pop Pilates💓 30 mins
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Pilates
    Yoga
    Weights
    Elliptical
    Sounds good...but was only 1 hour (15 minutes of each...at least it was something)
  • jeepmanromero
    jeepmanromero Posts: 111 Member
    30 minutes running on the treadmill
    45 minutes lower body and abs, always working the abs
  • 1MinuteWithTina
    1MinuteWithTina Posts: 65 Member
    45 minutes of Plyometric Cardio Circuit
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Weights.
    • Ab stuff (e.g. hanging leg raises, wide bar pull ups)
    • Finger boarding, which I'm not very good at
    • Olympic ring stuff, like dips, 360 degree flip thing, and pull ups
    • Bench, 55 kgs, 3 sets of 5
    • Deadlift, 120 kgs, 1 set of 5
    • Facepulls
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg press 3x10
    Dumbbell bench press 3x6
    Seated row 3x10
    Tricep pushdown 1x14
  • MikePfirrman
    Rowing today again! What a shock. Today was 38 in my yard. We had a low of 27 last night, lowest Tucson has seen in years. We normally never get under 32 degrees. So dressed up in my old Ohio running long sleeve tech gear!

Really nice recovery row. 11.8K meters in an hour @ 18 SPM. 2:31.5 pace. Wasn't concerned at all with pace, just HR. Never got over 143 and barely over 140 for 2/3 of the row. Around 780 calories burned.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Rowing today again! What a shock. Today was 38 in my yard. We had a low of 27 last night, lowest Tucson has seen in years. We normally never get under 32 degrees. So dressed up in my old Ohio running long sleeve tech gear!

Really nice recovery row. 11.8K meters in an hour @ 18 SPM. 2:31.5 pace. Wasn't concerned at all with pace, just HR. Never got over 143 and barely over 140 for 2/3 of the row. Around 780 calories burned.

Chancing a digression here: When I was out there a few years back for the gem shows, it hit 18 degrees F overnight, at that time a record low for the date. Water mains froze, flooding some intersections, and that water then froze, under the car-wheels of people who don't expect ice, and some of whom have no idea how to drive on it. Parts of the city lacked natural gas for heating, because the pressure in the system dropped too low under the demand. It was colorful.

Since I should be back on topic:

Monday I did what I jokingly called a "micro tri-Ann-thalon": A little walk** (only 2.5 miles), a little lifting (high rep, low weight, upper body push), and a little machine rowing (only 2 x 10 minutes).

** I had to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather, mid 40s F ( <== note contrast with Mike's locale ;) ), and sunny here Sunday and Monday for what seemed like the first time in weeks (and was pretty close to being that in actuality). So much gloom this year! So, I walked outdoors both days.

Tuesday was spin class, and a massage (which is of course not exercise, but it a nice thing for the body in its own way ;) ).

Nothing yet today, planning a repeat high-rep/low-weight/push thing again later, and might machine row, dunno.
  • MikePfirrman
    @ Ann - glad you got some nice weather now! It's gem show week here now! All the locals are grumbling about the traffic! I'd like to take it in this weekend if possible. Supposed to be amazing.

Sounds like a plan going out and getting in some sun! Your weather will suck in two weeks when I have to come back home for my stepson's wedding. I'm sure it will be subzero and 3 feet of ice just in time for me.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    Wed 2/5:
    20 chin ups in sets to failure (9,5,3,3)
    105 slow push ups in sets to failure (30,20,15,15,12,13)
    36 min spin bike (vigorous)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Finally breaking in my new to me treadmill... need treadmill tips to relieve the boredom!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PHUL
    Hyper Upper

killer tattoos...
  • MikePfirrman
    Today was ITC day (intraclub, as opposed to interclub on Tuesday) challenge. 30 minute row @ 20 SPM (strokes per minute). Because the rate limit, HR didn't reach max, but was sure up there. Did 2500 Warmup, then the 30' row @ 2:15.7 (I think), then a 1500m C/D to go over 10K for the day again.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited February 2020
    1.25 hours climbing

This was a great session. I got just about everything.

I have also done a bunch of steps. I am on 23,000, and likely to get another 2,000 before the end of the day. (There was a suspect car outside work, so the office was shut all morning as the Bomb Squad did their thing . I went for a walk.)
  • JadeMC42
    JadeMC42 Posts: 25 Member
    My workouts today:
    0550-0715: Circuit including buddy Carries, sprints, towel pushes (the devil), tabata circuit with burpees, push ups, mountain climbers, squats, jumping lunges, hello dollies, flutter kicks, leg raises, frog sit ups all x3
    1005-1055: light circuit lifting including squats, pull ups, box jumps, goblet squats
    1330-1400 slow 3 mi run, push ups, stretching
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Thur 2/6:
    27 chin ups in sets to failure (8, 5, 5, 5, 4)
    followed immediately by 100 slow push ups in sets to failure (30, 16, 15, 15, 11, 13)
    36 min spin bike (vigorous)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    2/3
    6-8 am:
    Read/Write/Yoga/Meditation
    Strength: HSPU Progression
    Week 2, Day 1
    3-2-1-1-1 (8)
    *Followed by GTG Pull-ups 5 x 3 (15)

2/4
    6-8 am: