New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    z0xcu6gf8r8k.jpeg

Dammit, built bar! And it's covered in milk chocolate which I've been hoping for in a full size bar because their milk chocolate is reeeeeeally good but I can't buy more.

I just ordered a box today! I'll report back on taste when it comes :)

To rub it in???????

😀

Lmao! Yes.
  • Coke Zero energy drinks (I've heard they taste terrible tho), Cheetos popcorn
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Coke Zero energy drinks (I've heard they taste terrible tho), Cheetos popcorn

The cheetos popcorn is nothing special

Darn, I almost chose that instead of regular popcorn when I went to the movies. I was craving regular popcorn and it's awful, nowhere near as good as I remembered, so next time I was going to try Cheetos. Used to love Doritos but don't like those anymore either.

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    BUT... for those who have tried ONE bars, what is your favorite flavor?? Ranking of flavors??

Here’s my favorites...

1. Almond Bliss
    2. Birthday Cake
    3. Blueberry Cobbler
    4. Maple Glazed Doughnut

Thanks! Actually all the ones I got. Minus Bday cake... not a fan of anything birthday cake flavored honestly..
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    edited February 2020
    Don't know how new these are, but they are really good. But so are the Field Roast vegan sausage and Chao vegan cheese they are based on... So not a surprise:

Rojo's Famous 100% Plant-Based Pancake Sandwich: Apple Maple Sausage & Creamy Chao Cheese

248 calories. 13 grams protein.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    apullum wrote: »

... What I would recommend for folks who want chocolate and can't have dairy is to try out dark chocolate, which by definition does not contain milk. Dark chocolate does not have to be super dark.

I'm not much of a fan of dark chocolate with a few exceptions: Oskri dark chocolate enrobed coconut bars, Unreal's version of the same (not super fond of the rest of the dark chocolate based Unreal line), and some peanut/nut butter cups like the 2BFree line. Justin's is apparently too dark for me. It's ok but not something I would deliberately buy.

I really prefer vegan milk chocolates such as in the Go Max Go line of homages to Snickers (Jokerz) and other related chocolate bars. There are others also based on non-dairy milks that work for me. Sjaak's has some great vegan milk chocolate options, for example.

But people who like dark chocolate have loads of non-dairy options, especially if they aren't sensitive to small amounts of dairy left in processing equipment or don't have any other objections to accidental traces.

Fortunately, I'm not a chocoholic because my older brother was, and he always ate all the chocolate before I could get to it...

Really. Mom would get Neapolitan ice cream, and he would quickly dig out all the chocolate, then all the vanilla, and then start working on the strawberry. I don't know why she kept buying it! My brother did not need the calories for sure.

• redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    sn3482mtnhgp.jpeg

Oooooh....
    I tried this brand recently as I'm trying to limit my dairy, I've only tried the Blueberry and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, but I'd like to try this flavour.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Morning Star product. New to me. Tried it because on sale and that they dont pretend to be meat anything. I was surprised how GREAT these tasted. Definite buy when on sale again.

prod_img-4970063_garden_burger_newer.png

Those are good! I like their spicy black bean burgers, too.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    i love the morning star veggie burger- those are esp. delightful
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    mwrfitboss wrote: »
    been a big consumer of fairlife milk for years now. lactose intolerance has me stuck with almond and cashew milk which I do like actually but not as much as the real thing, cows milk. I just this week came across a Kroger brand of carb master ultra filtered milk with even better macro specs than fairlife by a hair! tried it like just as much as fairlife. nice to now have 2 brands to pick from for my milk fix and nutrient needs.

Organic Valley Ultra milk is another option. I think it is only at Whole Foods at this time, and it's pretty pricey.

I'll have to look for the Kroger version.

Thanks for sharing!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    mwrfitboss wrote: »
    been a big consumer of fairlife milk for years now. lactose intolerance has me stuck with almond and cashew milk which I do like actually but not as much as the real thing, cows milk. I just this week came across a Kroger brand of carb master ultra filtered milk with even better macro specs than fairlife by a hair! tried it like just as much as fairlife. nice to now have 2 brands to pick from for my milk fix and nutrient needs.

Organic Valley Ultra milk is another option. I think it is only at Whole Foods at this time, and it's pretty pricey.

I'll have to look for the Kroger version.

Thanks for sharing!

Organic Valley products taste too milky to me if that makes sense, almost a "gone bad" taste? It's probably just me🤷
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jwoolman5 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »

... What I would recommend for folks who want chocolate and can't have dairy is to try out dark chocolate, which by definition does not contain milk. Dark chocolate does not have to be super dark.

I'm not much of a fan of dark chocolate with a few exceptions: Oskri dark chocolate enrobed coconut bars, Unreal's version of the same (not super fond of the rest of the dark chocolate based Unreal line), and some peanut/nut butter cups like the 2BFree line. Justin's is apparently too dark for me. It's ok but not something I would deliberately buy.

I really prefer vegan milk chocolates such as in the Go Max Go line of homages to Snickers (Jokerz) and other related chocolate bars. There are others also based on non-dairy milks that work for me. Sjaak's has some great vegan milk chocolate options, for example.

But people who like dark chocolate have loads of non-dairy options, especially if they aren't sensitive to small amounts of dairy left in processing equipment or don't have any other objections to accidental traces.

Fortunately, I'm not a chocoholic because my older brother was, and he always ate all the chocolate before I could get to it...

Really. Mom would get Neapolitan ice cream, and he would quickly dig out all the chocolate, then all the vanilla, and then start working on the strawberry. I don't know why she kept buying it! My brother did not need the calories for sure.

Endangered Species chocolate just came out with an oat "milk chocolate," although I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    Guys, the cookies and cream Built Bars are SUCH a disappointment :/ They taste so similar to the salted caramel ones that I'm almost sure that they just mixed that with their regular chocolate flavor. I was kinda hoping for maybe a white filling with some small cookie flakes or something. Pretty bummed I spent so much on a box, but what can ya do? I do like the salted caramel flavor, so guess it's not a complete waste.

Oh, thank god! I HATED the salted caramel bars! But, that milk chocolate's good, huh? I bought a box of the kids built bars and it's the best part of the birthday cake and cinnamon flavored ones. :)

Er....also, I'm sorry you spent so much on a flavor you don't completely love. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    j9ubsu9ov0is.png