Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Anyone have any fun plans this weekend?

I have a 435-page book to read by Tuesday, so I guess I'll be reading! I hope the weather is bad so I won't mind curling up with my book!
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    Down one bra size! I really wanted to lose some breast volume in this, and it's a relief to do so; I started as a 40 F.

Woo! Awesome! I'm sure that must feel better on your back. I'm DREADING the weight loss in my breasts. I have small boobies, big body. Lol. So I'm keeping up with chest exercises to try and combat that loss.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome catindowning - Thank you for serving our country. All you need to do is register in your starting weight ( which you did ), and then weigh in once a week. You can choose your own day to weigh in, and then when ever you want to check in and give advise, encouragements, happy moments, vent, whatever you need to help you get through this. We are all here for each other, through good times and bad.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm back to work so not posting as often but I read everything you all write! Good job and welcome to everyone who joined recently. Glad you are all here!

How are the meals/ snacks at work going?
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    [quote="How are the meals/ snacks at work going? [/quote]
    Going well, thanks for asking!
  • @tawtyping Great job! Isn't it cool when you feel your shape changing?

@VeggieMeg71 Hope the process of chewing your way through that volume isn't too awful! I wind up reading the weirdest stuff to research my novel.

@SarahMWong15 You're doing great! Keep it up! The thing that really felt better was dropping just enough to properly fit in the new bra. What a relief! The old bras did not fit at all.
  • @Deborahrobison1969 I just weighed in this morning at 282, down from 296 this year. We can all do it if we support each other!

@CathyRocky Good to hear you got that worked out.

@JennDoingTheThing That's exactly the sort of change that gives us not just weight loss but maintenance at a lower weight. I am so proud of you!

@stella7x7 Nice loss!

@eppen5: Good work getting down into the 220's! I had to grin when you described your "food tantrum". Yeah, been there done that. "What are you getting out of this? is an EXCELLENT question to ask in those moments. And I'm so glad you were just able to log and move on. You handled that really well!

I should work out today but I'm having a lot of fibro pain and the weather is nasty. The two are probably not unconnected. So I'm staying home. Tried a new breakfast of an egg bite (turkey sausage, eggs, herbs, and onion) with an English muffin, and I'm not sure whether or not I like it. Eggs have been uncertain first thing in the morning for me since I was pregnant with my kids. (Yes, that was 20-some years ago, but my gut has not forgotten.) We'll see how the duration is. And if I work out, I don't eat til after the workout, so the "no egg first thing" won't apply.

If I can do it, I should bake today, and do laundry. We'll see. On a high pain day like this, I do what I can and call it good.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome Deborah - I'm glad you've joined us. Can't wait to get to know you.

Jenn - I know your feeling. we just got a DNKN in our little two horse town of Tooky. I yelled with joy when my husband and I drove passed the new sign, and yes I was there for the grand opening. It's just 3 doors down from where I pick up our daily groceries. When I walk in there I look at the donuts and wish I could buy one of each. The butternut is my favorite, but I have not bought one donut....yet. I will give up everything on this diet but I will NOT give up my DD coffee.

BEWARE - Before you know it those dreaded Girl Scout cookies will be out in numbers. One sleeve of thin mints does not count for one serving. Just because their called THIN mints, it doesn't mean they have less calories.
  • SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    @theleadmare oh man, I couldn't imagine not being able to eat eggs. they're one of my favorite foods!!! Hopefully your pain subsides enough for you to be comfortable! It's probably best to not work out today. Sometimes doing just what you can is plenty enough!

@ladycopnh1 oh yeah. I dont give up my DD coffee either! But i HAVE modified it on times or days when i need yo be good. I get a small iced coffee with just almond milk. Then i pour it in my protein shaker with a scoop if delicious chocolate protein powder and its sooooooo good! I call it my perky protein!!!
  • @SarahMWong15: It's not so much that I can't eat them; I just can't wake up and immediately either cook them or eat them. This is entirely residue from being pregnant, vaguely nauseated all the time, and having a two year old who wanted eggs for breakfast every morning.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    Great job everyone in your weight loss. @eppen5 great job catching your self and being accountable. Also great loss.
    @theleadmare thank you,great job yourself.
    @JennDoingTheThing awesome NSV.
    Everyone is doing such a great job. Have a great week.