Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Stop Using Your Devices in the Sauna

124»

Replies

• allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2020
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    allother94 wrote: »
    I’ll stop using my headphones when other stop drying their swimsuits by the heater and/or carrying on a conversation. Bottom line is that if there is no rule posted against a behavior, it’s ok. And a rule like “be considerate of others” is too vague.

There's no rule posted about not doing curls in the squat rack...but it's a dick move.

I don't care if people wear headphones so long as I can't hear the music blasting out of them.

Dick Move is a relative term. One person’s dick move is another person’s safe curl exercise

They should make that a rule...the squat rack thing. I wonder if you went to the front desk to complain they would make them move. Like sleeping on one of the benches.
  • allother94
    edited February 2020
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I’ll stop using my headphones when other stop drying their swimsuits by the heater and/or carrying on a conversation. Bottom line is that if there is no rule posted against a behavior, it’s ok. And a rule like “be considerate of others” is too vague.

There's no rule posted about not doing curls in the squat rack...but it's a dick move.

I don't care if people wear headphones so long as I can't hear the music blasting out of them.

Dick Move is a relative term. One person’s dick move is another person’s safe curl exercise

They should make that a rule...the squat rack thing. I wonder if you went to the front desk to complain they would make them move. Like sleeping on one of the benches.

Curl in squat rack safe curl exercise. Have truly heard everything.

If one cannot clean a bar or dumbbells from the floor for curls they are using too much weight and a rack won't help them.

Why else would you curl in the squat rack? Forgive my ignorance, but I’ve never seen anyone do this. The way people complain about it, you would think it happens all the time...

My point it that whoever does this probably can justify it in their minds and it is an acceptable thing to do in their opinion...
  • allother94

I don’t understand the disagree button. 3 people disagreed with my post. Does this mean someone disagrees with the fact that I will continue to wear my headphones or disagrees with the fact that if there is no gym rule against headphones, you are allowed to wear them?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited February 2020
    I totally thought about this thread when I was in the sauna and one person was stretching/doing ab exercises, one person was on their phone scrolling social media and listening to music where you could hear it outside the headphones and another was listening to music on earphones lower where you couldn't hear, but was singing along out loud :lol:

Here's my confession. I sometimes use the sauna to take work calls because it's one of the few places with no background music blaring. But ONLY if A) no one is in there or B ) the only people in there are my chatty regulars and I get their permission first.
  • allother94
    edited February 2020

I don’t understand the disagree button. 3 people disagreed with my post. Does this mean someone disagrees with the fact that I will continue to wear my headphones or disagrees with the fact that if there is no gym rule against headphones, you are allowed to wear them?

Presumably they disagree with "if there is no rule posted against behaviour, it's OK" which is different to the bolded.

I see. Would have been nice of them to point that out instead of just hitting disagree. But that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member

Presumably they disagree with "if there is no rule posted against behaviour, it's OK" which is different to the bolded.

I see. Would have been nice of them to point that out instead of just hitting disagree. But that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Someone disagreed with my post saying I had produce rotting in my compost bin - you can't take disagrees seriously ;)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    As my glasses get too hot to wear in the sauna, I question the wisdom of bringing devices into them. Sure, the heat may not kill them immediately, but what is the high temperature doing to the device's lifespan?

When I used to sauna, I'd bring a book.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Would it be okay if I use someone else's devices in the sauna?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    It would not occur to me to take one in 😂