Shoulders got too wide what can I do

Options
netastone
netastone Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone
I’m a 22 years old woman

And currently trying to get fit and to lose weight.

I noticed my shoulders got wider, kind of board shoulders which I do not like.

I have a “full body” training schedule which I do 2-3 times a week.
I usually do between 12-15 sets.
I also do aerobics 3 times a week for about an hour.

Any suggestions on how to get my shoulders back to they way the looked like before?

Thanks

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It's way to easy to pick on yourself for some such feature. I suggest focussing on something else in your life. And, I think being in shape beats trying to atrophy your shoulders! Stay strong! 💪💪💪
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I agree with J at focusing on what you have. I have a C curvature in my spine from birth and it showed up in my teens. It's not pleasant and has caused issues with lower back for my whole life. I work around it and build other muscles to compensate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    netastone wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I’m a 22 years old woman

Any suggestions on how to get my shoulders back to they way the looked like before?

Thanks

I don't think I've ever seen anyone's shoulders become more broad from lifting...shoulder breadth is mostly skeletal. I would think this is more like other areas are shrinking (like the waist) which gives the illusion that your shoulders are broadening.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    And, does anyone think that Charlize Theron's shoulders are too broad?

Nah! Pump it up!
  • retgarr
    retgarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I won't be so arrogant to tell you what you should and shouldn't like but I've never looked at a woman and thought "her shoulders are too wide" In fact I've never seen a woman I would consider broad shouldered that wasn't a bodybuilder type who was training for size.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Do you take measurements? What was the starting shoulder measurement and now?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Shoulder width is 99% bone structure, and there's nothing you can do about that. Is it possible that other parts of you changed/got smaller, which changed your visual proportions?

Beat me to it.

OP it takes a lot of work/heavy lifting to put on a noticeable amount of muscle on your shoulders,
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,044 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    netastone wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I’m a 22 years old woman

Thanks

I don't think I've ever seen anyone's shoulders become more broad from lifting...shoulder breadth is mostly skeletal. I would think this is more like other areas are shrinking (like the waist) which gives the illusion that your shoulders are broadening.

As long as OP means the upper dimension of shoulders, I agree. If she's looking at that underarm muscular triangularity thing, IMO that can be noticeably increased via exercise, and some might still describe that as "shoulders". (Personally, I like it. ;) ).