Eating same meal everyday?

Replies

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    I eat basically the same 2 things for breakfast. If I have to go into the office I have potatoes and 2 slices of bacon. If I am working from home I scramble 1 egg and 2 egg whites, top with queso and bake 10 tater tots.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    I'm on a strict budget of $30/week for groceries, so being able to buy one thing and making it last for a while is important to me. =) Breakfast is a protein shake, lunch is a salad with some kind of protein on top (usually a hardboiled egg or some beans - those are cheap!). Dinner gets switched up, but almost always features brown rice (one giganto bag from Costco will last me a year), whatever veggies are cheap and in season, and a cheap protein. =)

The variety mostly comes from my well-stocked spice drawer. Same basic ingredients can make so many different dishes depending on how you cook and 'spice 'em!
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    I meal prep five breakfasts, lunches and dinners for M-F. I put a measured quantity of nuts and pretzels in a mini bag for each day, have my fruit ready and have pots of cashew yoghurt in case I feel I need a little something extra. I measure out protein powder into lidded containers ready for my daily shake. I freestyle on the weekend.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    I make the same things for breakfast- currently oatmeal with yogurt apple and seeds, lunch-large salad with protein, plus a protein drink with coffee when I first get up. I'm cooking for one, usually what I make last a few days and I'll eat it until it's gone based on what vegetables are on sale and in season. If it's soup or chili I'll make a bunch and freeze half but still eat the rest for about four nights. Night snack has been air popped popcorn with coconut aminos, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Sadly I order the same select things at restaurants too, have my favorites and don't eat out often so I look forward to my usual.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, because i only eat one meal a day. I would go crazy if i had to eat the same thing every day.

Also, I dont snack throughout the day either. Unless you consider black coffee with zero calorie sweeter a snack.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    I have black coffee for breakfast everyday and an egg and cheese burrito for lunch almost everyday. That combination (IF and protein/carb) really helps keep my appetite in check for the rest of the day, and I’m able to eat within my goal calories. My afternoon snack is usually the same thing, too—a Greek yogurt and a square of dark chocolate, maybe an apple or carrots. Dinner is where I change it up, and get my vegetables in. Then I have an after dinner snack which varies some.

There are of course the off days when we eat out, or go on a trip or something. Then I just do what I can to log and not go too crazy. And sometimes I go too crazy 😜
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yep. I eat the same thing every day except for dinner. Makes my life easier. Packing my lunch is easier and I don't have to spend time wondering what to eat. Plus I can just hit "copy yesterday" on my food diary.

ETA I guess I should say I eat the same thing every day for a period of time, until I get bored of it and then start eating something else. I just like routine I guess.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I really thrive weight-loss wise when I do this. M-F - same thing breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. All pre-planned and measured.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    I live alone and I don't love cooking. So I make two meals on Sunday, and one is lunches for the week and the other is dinners for the week. In that sense, yes, I eat the same thing every day. But I rarely repeat the same thing the next week, and I try to always keep trying new recipes so I have variety. It works for me.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    serindipte wrote: »
    I read that people who are naturally thin tend to do this.. not sure how true that is, but it makes sense.

I am thin but I don't do that. It would be boring for me and my husband.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2020
    sdavis484 wrote: »
    Does anyone else eat the same meal (lunch) everyday (m-f) to cut down on decisions and to make tracking so so easy? Also, do you skip snacking or a nibble here and there bc then you don't have to track it? I do!

I eat something similar every day. Lunch is a sandwich made from 1 slice bread and 2 oz meat, yogurt, and a fruit. I vary the meat, yogurt flavor, and fruit. Dinner is more often than not a stew and I will eat it a few days in a row. I vary the stew by using different proteins and flavor profiles. My bedtime snack is 2 hard cooked eggs, 2 oz cheese, and more yogurt. I vary the flavor of yogurt and the cheese. Using different proteins, fruits, and veggies in the stews (although there seems to be onions in everything) helps me get well rounded nutrition.

I snack but I buy single serve packages of things like nuts so I can track easily.

I do best if I don't have to think too hard about what to eat. I also freeze some of my stews and buy a few frozen dinners to keep just in case.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Not for extended periods of time. In a given week I might every day eat the same perishable foods I bought on the weekend or keep eating a perishable dish that I cooked until they're all gone, but then I usually would buy or cook something different the next time (unless it's a fruit or veggie in season that I really love).
  • Sophi_allheart
    Sophi_allheart Posts: 45 Member
    I make a big pot of soup on Sunday/Monday, and eat it for dinner everyday. It cuts down on cooking time, and soups are generally pretty low calorie. Plus I hate cooking, so I don't have to cook more than once a week. Then I can also try a different soup every week so it's not too similar... It's been going pretty well!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I have my go to foods that I eat everyday, like veggies, fruits, nuts, salads, and rotate my meat proteins around during the week. I make it as easy as possible on myself and don't get bored with it. It works for me but I'm single and don't have to please anyone else :)
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    My weekly breakfast and lunch are pretty standard when I am at my office. Makes life easier in prep and as you say less decision needed. That said if you look at my breakfast and munch over al longer period of time you'll see subtle shifts as well. So pretty standard does not mean written in stone
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Yes and no. I tend to eat the same things each week, but I do make sure to have a large variety of protein sources, fruits and veggies within those parameters. I don't think you get enough variety of micronutrients otherwise.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    No. The chef in me cringes at the lack of variety.
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    Somewhat. Very often, I'll repeat one meal 2-4 days in a row. I'm cool with it, but I don't think I could go longer than that.

I do tend to eat the same 6 or 7 meals for about a month at a time, though. Then I switch the combo up. This happens to me naturally. I don't plan for it; it's just a pattern.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    No. The chef in me cringes at the lack of variety.

Same here.