bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    That sounds like a recipe for chaos
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    The weather channel predicts our next sunny day will be ... none. 🤪☹️
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2020
    Bwahaha! It was gorgeous here yesterday. Working security at the University college campus (affiliated)
    Great view as it's built on a hillside overlooking a beautiful lake. It was 7C and we were watching the two ospreys teach their 2 chicks that look almost full grown how to use the thermals. Really the only way you could tell they were chicks was because they were a bit clumsy landing on the rocks and snowy slope. They were all screeching away at each other (encouragement?). The parents flew close overhead for a better look at us and landed in the apple tree 30 feet away and then took off unconcerned. Everyone here is friendly and welcoming and the students are serious about their studies. No dicking around like on some campuses.

I actually went to bed at 9:30 pm last night because I have to be up at 4:45 am to get to work on time. Roads are a bit scary at 5:30 since it's been melting all day then it's 0 or -1C. Black ice and idiot commuters do not mix.
  • sufferlandrian
    Maybe the little birds were complaining and daddy osprey was saying “quit complaining and ride the thermal or so help me I’ll pull this air current over and you’ll all walk home!”
  • bethanie0825
    :):) Get it together children!
  • sufferlandrian
    What madness is this? 50 degrees F in January in Kalispell? The snow is melting and turning the trails to impassable mush. 😡😡
  • bethanie0825
    It's suppose to be warmer around my part too. I'm excited lol
  • sufferlandrian
    I’m going to have to get seat covers. My dogs are turning my seats to mud baths. I’m getting tired of cleaning them every day. 😉🤪
  • canadjineh
    Freakish +12C here yesterday and a humdinger of a storm, pouring rain & very high winds. So bad it blew a full grocery bag off the top of my cart. Of course it wasn't filled with cans or spaghetti squash, lol, still, that kind of thing doesn't happen all that often here. Several large trees were knocked down, some over power lines, and our power was out for 6 hours all afternoon. We actually saw a large fir fall on the edge of the park downtown on our way to the hospital. Hubby is on an IV Vancomycin drip for a MRSA infection for 1 1/2 hrs at a time every 18 hours for a week. So we get to be hanging out at the hospital at 4 this morning then again at 10 pm, then 4 pm Mon, 10 am Tues, 4 am Wed etc. The drug causes some nasty irritation at the intake site, but we are sure glad it's available. They have to switch arm veins every couple doses.

We've got a trip planned at the end of this month/beginning of March for our anniversary so it would be perfect if his health was back on track again. We have free airmiles flights to San Diego, but not sure where we are going from there yet. Maybe a hop over the border to Baja California Norte, or maybe a cheap last minute cruise deal to Cabo, PV, and Mazatlan. Also considering a drive trip from San Diego to the Anza Borrego Desert. We loved that area when we stayed there a few years ago.
  • bethanie0825
    My mom use to get staph in her hip and on her abdomen and they'd treat with Vancomycin. They would make her stay thru the course of treatment but more than once, she was almost septic before to went to the ER. Nasty stuff. I hope your hubby feels better soon!
  • canadjineh
    The Vancomycin is helping...he is starting to feel better, although pretty tired since our schedule is being flipped around so much. Extra emergency cases earlier meant that he didn't get started at 10 last night, more like midnight, bumping today's drip forward to 6 pm. He'll just get finished this course and he will have to run off to work all night 9pm-5am on patrol. At least he'll be able to sleep for 6 hours or so before heading in to the hospital for tomorrow's drip.
  • sufferlandrian
    MRSA? Where did he pick up a MRSA? That's usually a nosocomial infection you pick up from the hospitals. At least he hasn't had to resort to IV Iodine. Hope he gets better soon.

It was 7 degrees F this morning when I biked home. Thank heavens for warm gloves. Should only be 14 this morning. It's like a heat wave! :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Yeah! It’s snowing again. 😁. I’m not sure why but we get busier when the weather is worse.
  • canadjineh
    MRSA? Where did he pick up a MRSA? That's usually a nosocomial infection you pick up from the hospitals. At least he hasn't had to resort to IV Iodine. Hope he gets better soon.
    Yeah, it's not something he got in the hospital. (WARNING * TMI*) He has diverticuli in his bladder, they are almost the same size as his bladder, and of course he cannot fully empty, hence the 2x/day self-catheterization. Some urine stays in and despite being VERY careful to be as sterile as possible introducing a tube into yourself will always carry bacteria in. He generally has trouble with the Klebsiella's and E. coli, but once in a while it's Staph A. We all carry those in & on our bodies but because of his situation and the almost constant need for antibiotics for UTI's they tend to run amok in him.

Good news is, the Vancomycin worked and drip & drugs paid for by Medical. MRSA is gone. Bad news is he now has Kleb. o. Good news is, he's got a regular oral antibiotic that is working for that. :|
  • canadjineh
    Trotting off to the college now. TTYL.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    TIL that there is a lizard that, when threatened, shoots a stream of toxic blood out of its EYEBALLS. I never cease to be amazed how freakin' weird the world is.
  • canadjineh
    TIL that there is a lizard that, when threatened, shoots a stream of toxic blood out of its EYEBALLS. I never cease to be amazed how freakin' weird the world is.

Horned lizards, lol. They live in the province next to us (and further south through the grasslands and deserts of US to Central America. They have little icky-tasting blood filled sinuses to use as defense when attacked by a predator. Haven't seen one squirt, but have handled them. They are pretty mellow (at least toward humans B) )
  • canadjineh
    As you can tell, I've always been a fan of reptiles. And amphibians - but they're harder to find.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    They are pretty cool! I never cease to be amazed at what a weird and wonderful world we live in.

In other news, I finally went and lifted weights today for the first in like...two years? It was awesome, but also...ow.
  • bethanie0825
    Nature is cool af. So is weight lifting lol