Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I’m a bit of a birder.
    No Big Year or anything like that but I have my ref books, binoculars, notebook with bird breeds that I’ve seen.
    I can sit still for hours watching birds.
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    I once got on stage with Vanilla ice....true story
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I’m a bit of a birder.
    No Big Year or anything like that but I have my ref books, binoculars, notebook with bird breeds that I’ve seen.
    I can sit still for hours watching birds.

I love watching the birds. I have several feeders right outside my window. My dogs get taunted by the squirrels constantly. :)
  • rainmanbonez
    rainmanbonez Posts: 9 Member
    I love writing music but find that i write my best songs when im depressed...but i dont want to be depressed 😭😭 to make a good song😔.
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I once made George Lindsey furious. I couldn’t give him a free membership at the Costco where I was working when he came in. He told me I’d never see him in the store again and I replied that I didn’t care because I could see him on reruns of Hee Haw.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    I think I was in 8th grade -13/14
    My GF and I were in the city alone (NYC..lived about 10-15 min away in Jersey)
    I don't know if we ran out of money, but were stranded....we hitched a ride from an older man in a deLorean
    We listened to music and he dropped us off at home and we thought nothing of it....think this is more of a dumb move, than interesting
    I thank god I didn't end up chopped-up into little pieces that day :)
  • lifeovpi
    lifeovpi Posts: 121 Member
    I'm way beyond my calorie goal
  • honeybee__12
    I’ve been hooked by other people’s lure casts twice.

First trying to help my son remove a gigantic fuchsia spinner thing from a catfish and that darn fish barked at me, jumped and the hook was solidly stuck in my thumb.
    Husband pulled hard as he could,
    had to go to the ER with that stupid giant lure sticking out of my thumb.

Second time, my husband cast and sure as **** that treble hook stuck in my head.
    He got it out using the technique they used in the ER, got it right out.

That was it for me and the little
    two-man fishing boat.
    I griped until he bought a nice 16’ fish-n-ski.
    We rarely used it.
    That one was on me, I admit. Lol
  • honeybee__12
    I don’t care how good a movie is supposed to be, if I know it’s a tearjerker I will not watch it.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I don’t care how good a movie is supposed to be, if I know it’s a tearjerker I will not watch it.

What about endgame?

I'm easily moved, you'd probably hate watching movies with me 😂
  • honeybee__12

What about endgame?

I'm easily moved, you'd probably hate watching movies with me 😂

😬 I’ve never seen any of the Avenger movies....... 😬 I know, I know.

The reason I don’t watch movies that will make me cry is coz I bawl like a baby.😭😭😭😭
    Tears, snot, the whole thing.
    Especially if animals are involved. 🙄😭😭😭
  • WorkMyGoals
    WorkMyGoals Posts: 622 Member
    So no Marley & Me?

I remember when that came on Christmas Day one year and my son, grandma and parents went to go see it. It was all quiet in the theatre and the first sad part came up. My mom, sitting right next to me, let out the biggest, loudest sob. My son and I looked at each other laughed and sank down in our seats. 🤣😂

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2020
    So no Marley & Me?

I remember when that came on Christmas Day one year and my son, grandma and parents went to go see it. It was all quiet in the theatre and the first sad part came up. My mom, sitting right next to me, let out the biggest, loudest sob. My son and I looked at each other laughed and sank down in our seats. 🤣😂

I don't cry during too many movies. I mean, come on, it's all just acting, right? But oh wow, Marley and Me released the flood in me. Any movie/book about animals dying, especially dogs, hit me right in the heart. There was another movie, based on a true story, the dog waited every day for his master to arrive at the train station from work, but 1 day his master stopped coming; he'd had a fatal heart attack at work. That dog still insisted on going every single day to wait. I think the movie was Haiku, or something like that. ETA: Looked it up; it was Hachi. So Sad :(
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I can’t get enough of fun facts about people/things. Tell me some of yours! It could be a lifelong thing, something from just now. Anything!

This one is foremost on my mind...I’m just wrapping up my first 48 hr fast and I feel great.

Go!

Something people may not know about me is I drove cross country by myself. I went from MD to Los Angeles, it took me a little over a week. The scenery was amazing, and I can say I've done this in my life and did it alone.
  • Frieswithdatshake
    Frieswithdatshake Posts: 630 Member
    I've been struck by lightening
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2020
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    So no Marley & Me?

I don't cry during too many movies. I mean, come on, it's all just acting, right? But oh wow, Marley and Me released the flood in me. Any movie/book about animals dying, especially dogs, hit me right in the heart. There was another movie, based on a true story, the dog waited every day for his master to arrive at the train station from work, but 1 day his master stopped coming; he'd had a fatal heart attack at work. That dog still insisted on going every single day to wait. I think the movie was Haiku, or something like that. ETA: Looked it up; it was Hachi. So Sad :(

I bawled like a baby through this movie, such a beautiful story of the bond between man and his dog...
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale is a 2009 drama film that is a remake of the 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari, which follows the true story of the Akita dog named Hachikō.
    Honestly, if you don't cry or tear up at least once in this movie then I'm pretty sure you have no heart.. 🥺