LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    get well and recover and sooner you will have better results <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Howdy all!
    Nothing much to report on. Still sick! I swear.. everyone else recovers from a cold.. week, 2 weeks at the most? This is my 3rd week!
    I mean... for the most part I'm not coughing up mucus anymore (most of the time I should say), it's that annoying tickle in your throat that only gets worse if you try to gently cough. You gotta do one of those "I'm gonna try my best not to spray the room with my germs" while you cough in to your elbow, tissue, whatever, aggressive coughs to get rid of it temporarily.

Diet has been fine. I THINK I may have discovered that my monk fruit/ erythritol sweetener might have been causing some gut issues. I'm not entirely sure about it though.
    I made a keto fluffy cheese cake (still carnivore but w/ the sweetener) and every time I ate some.. maybe an hour later I had to use the bathroom.
    So... I dunno.

I've also noticed a slight dip in energy. Nothing drastic and I'm not wanting to nap during the day or anything, but just noticing I'm yawning more. Might just be b/c I'm sick though.

SIGH! And that's about it really. Nothing much has changed. Just wanting to come and check in :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hope you can kick that cold soon!!! No fun at all :)......
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    OMG we are going through the same thing :( I hate that tickle in the throat, It's one of the worse thing ever!!! I hope we're both better soon <3
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Ohhh that sucks! You poor thing. Hang in there, and hope you get better soon!
  • pessxx
    get well soon!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Oh no😯 Sending over lots of quick healing vibes❤️❤️❤️ Get well soon ❤️
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    My darling, I'm SO sorry you're sick!!! I got that nasty head cold sinus thing last week and while that part only lasted a few days, I'm STILL stuffed up so I get it :( Probably part of the reason I haven't posted to paid much attention to my weight the last 10 days or so - you've got this thought babe!!!

PS I second the enzyme in pineapples thing!!! Great for tenderizing meat and a natural probiotic!!! ;)

• LiLee2018
    UGH Sounds like a lot of us are ill right now. Hope we all get better.
    Thankfully I am. Still coughing some, but thankfully it's gotten a lot better.

Diet has been weird. All I want right now is dairy. Dairy everything and I've been having it! lol Dairy free Feb has failed.. HARD lol. It's not like I can't try it again some other time so I'm not even worried about it.
    I dunno though.... meat in general does not sound appetizing to me and all of our leftovers have been tasting weird even though they should still be perfectly fine. /shrugs
    I dunno. Maybe my body is just craving fat and that's translating in to a dairy craving?
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited February 2020
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    UGH Sounds like a lot of us are ill right now. Hope we all get better.
    Thankfully I am. Still coughing some, but thankfully it's gotten a lot better.

Diet has been weird. All I want right now is dairy. Dairy everything and I've been having it! lol Dairy free Feb has failed.. HARD lol. It's not like I can't try it again some other time so I'm not even worried about it.
    I dunno though.... meat in general does not sound appetizing to me and all of our leftovers have been tasting weird even though they should still be perfectly fine. /shrugs
    I dunno. Maybe my body is just craving fat and that's translating in to a dairy craving?

Dairy cravings hit me like a TRUCK - REGULARLY lol - I attribute it to my body craving calcium but who knows LOL - Thankfully, though, dairy is also very satisfying to me so *shrug* lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I love me some cheese.....and ice cream........not together of course.......eat what your body wants :) you can't ignore it sometimes :)
  • jadepearl
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better now <3 I love my dairy..ice cream, milkshakes, etc, etc, etc <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I hope you're back to your healthy self soon <3
  • LiLee2018
    I hope everyone is doing well! I'll catch upp with everyone soon. I promise!

Cheated for Valentine's day dinner. Fried chicken and lots of tequila and chocolate candy (kitkat, hershey's, reeses cups). I mean... not THAT bad but it was a lot of candy :P lol
    But back to regularly scheduled diet after :)
    No idea what the dmg is on the scale. MEH!
    I'll see what it is tomorrow though but not worried about it.

Lingering stupid cough. Barely there tickle in throat, but still enough that I am coughing some. Hopefully it's not another cold wanting to start up.

Everything has been good here though. Chugging along and yep....
  • mistymeadows2005
    Here's to you getting back to 100% :) We'll be here and we're sending love <3
  • jadepearl
    Get well 100% soon❤️ Take care and know we are always here for you ❤️
  • LiLee2018
    I'm at like 98% now. Still a stupid lingering cough every now and again but nothing bad.
    I did exercise today. Only just a little. Not being lazy is still a struggle, but I need to do it.
    Carnivore alone just doesn't seem to be giving me results. More energy from it is great, but I NEED to lose weight too.
    So... I'm going to start exercising. For the next month + (this week and a half of Feb and March)... carnivore and exercise and see what happens. I'll have to remember to take more measurements too since the scale might not move.
    I got the diet down...no real struggles there... now it's time to get my lazy butt moving!
    Going to take about a week to just do whatever, but them come up with an actual schedule for March. Something that includes exercising in the morning so I can do it in a fasted state. Still only IF for now while I get used to exercising again and then take it from there.
    There will most likely be another cheat for my son's birthday in early March, but there shouldn't be anything else.

Mid March.... I'll come up with another plan for April and just... go like that. Go month to month depending on how I'm feeling /nodnod
  • pessxx
    Good luck with yr plans ! <3
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    Sounds good! Good vibes for that last 2%, too. 😊
  • jadepearl
    That's good to hear 👍 Sending quick healing vibes so that you can get back to 100%❤️