Weight Plateau

Hi all, I am having a hard time the last 2 weeks. I am using the app to lose weight and it’s working, I’m getting healthy and able to be more active. I’ve been on the lose 2 lbs a week and it was working. But for 2 weeks now I have only moved back and forth (up and down) by .4 lbs. I only go over my calories once or twice a month. Should the calorie goal change since I’ve lost weight? Can’t figure this out.

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    For added effect, here's last month, from low prior to ovulation bounce, through to low prior to pre menstrual bounce - 1.8 kg difference in 2 1/2 weeks.

pl87bk47r4lo.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Yes, weighing every day is what taught me I can retain up to three pounds of water when I ovulate. I'd been familiar with premenstrual water weight gain, but not ovulation.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Yes, weighing every day is what taught me I can retain up to three pounds of water when I ovulate. I'd been familiar with premenstrual water weight gain, but not ovulation.

I think ovulation retention may have been a peri thing for me, though don't have the data to back that up. And my pattern seems to have changed from either HRT or advancing peri underneath. This 10-12 days of retention is BS! :lol: Premenstrual is half that (but also longer than it used to be).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Wow I too have noticed an ovulation retention but thought it was just me. Sigh.

OP FWIW here is my chart, only been tracking 6 weeks but spot the pattern.

yphkj61pup6v.jpg
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    It's not uncommon for me to lose a bit, stay there, then bounce up partway, hang out there for awhile, and then eventually woosh back down again. Rinse and repeat. Add in daily fluctuations of 2 or even 3 pounds of water...I've had as much as a 7 pound scale jump due to water (after a particularly hot race weekend and drinking lots of my hydration mix/electrolytes).

If you've lost a fair bit, then yes, you will need to adjust your calorie goal. A few pounds won't make a huge difference, but if you've been losing 2 lb/week steadily for several weeks or months, then yes, time to readjust.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I think ovulation retention may have been a peri thing for me, though don't have the data to back that up. And my pattern seems to have changed from either HRT or advancing peri underneath. This 10-12 days of retention is BS! :lol: Premenstrual is half that (but also longer than it used to be).

Yes, ovulation retention is almost certainly a peri thing for me. It's not something I observed until the past couple of years and now it's a very consistent thing for me.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    OP been a few days and I thought I'd share this with you, my current chart.

As you can see I've had a significant drop of 1. 8kg (thats about 4lb) since that top weight a week ago but because I am looking at the trend rather than the actual numbers, it works out to 0.5kg or 1lb loss I. The week. Appropriate for me.

That's why tracking trends is much better for your sanity than tracking the actual figure.

vj5tb43ja76f.jpg